Life after Loss Support Group........All Welcome :)

A little over 14 years now. It's never taken less than a year for us to manage to fall pregnant, and 20 weeks is the furthest we've gotten. Five pregnancies, all losses, in 14 years and my GP still doesn't think there's anything worth looking at or doing about it. :dohh:

A little over 14 years now. It's never taken less than a year for us to manage to fall pregnant, and 20 weeks is the furthest we've gotten. Five pregnancies, all losses, in 14 years and my GP still doesn't think there's anything worth looking at or doing about it. :dohh:

WOW, I can't tell you how sorry I am, i can't even imagine all you have been through :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: I hope things work out for you and you get all you deserve. Thinking of you .XOXOXOXO:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh I'm so sorry Imalia. That must be so tough for you and your OH. I really hope things work out for you and I am sure they will. My cousin who I mentioned has never been pregnant in the 10 years and is now 11 weeks pregnant thats why I told you about her. I thought your situation was similar but I'm sorry I should have read your signature. I'm sorry.

That is very unprofessional of your GP. Is it not procedure to look into things in detail after 3 miscarriages. Even for a woman to go through 3 before she gets answers is too many IMO. YOu are in my thoughts. :hugs::hugs:

:hugs: It really does seem terrible that your GP isn't reffering you!!!:growlmad:
I don't really know the facts and figures about LTTTC, do any of the girls in that section have any advice.. I have read a couple of the success stories over there ..quite inspirational ...
I wish i i could say something to help u Imalia :hugs:

Well ladies I am on CD15 and I don't know if I have ovulated yet. I have been getting negatives on OPKs but I have never got a positive with them. We have been dtd every 2 days from CD6- do you think that is enough? I feel like maybe we should have been dtd everyday for the past few days.

yeah i think dtd every other night is plenty..sperm lives quite a long time doesn't it and your egg lives a couple of days too...
sorry my mind is a bit blank today:dohh: i can't remember any facts.. but pretty sure every other day dtd is what they reccomend!!
i would dtd for another couple of days just in case yoiu o late too!!:thumbup: i ovulate late in my cycle.. around cd 17/18
good luck!!:flower:

My GP, I don't know what he's thinking. I've been in there in tears begging and his attitude just won't budge. "You've been pregnant so you're not infertile" "No one can magically make you pregnant" and "You have PCOS and we've given you metformin, we're doing all we can"

We've never had any investigations either because they have been different types of losses and not ruled as linked. (two early mc (5 and 8 weeks), 1 ectopic (8 weeks), 1 2nd tri (20 weeks), one chemical) My PCOS is pretty well controlled and I do ovulate every month and DH is fine. There's no real reason we can't get pregnant, and no reason anyone can tell us that we keep going through losses. Everytime it's just "Bad luck, one of those things"

This should be encouraging, except those are the very reasons we can't get anyone to give us help and take us seriously, because we can (eventually) get pregnant on our own and it's all just bad luck that it never works out.

It does seem u could do with some advice though doesn't it.... like when i lost charlie the consultant told nme to take higher dose folic and low dose asprin.. i do feel those thionmgs helped.... who did u see after u lost at 20 weeks di u see a consultant then u can talk to?

ooohh everyone has come over here now...can I play too? For anyone who doesn't know me, I'm currently a teeny little bit pregnant with my rainbow.

Good luck to everyone TTC, pregnant or holding their rainbows lets get through this together, it's the only way to do it

xxx

After we lost Adam (whoa, that was kind of weird, first time his name has been shared with anyone but me and DH) we had a post mortem and a lot of investigations. We lost him due to a circumvallate placenta and hypercoiled umbilical cord. I take higher dose folic acid (5mg/daily) anyway because I have a sister with spina bifida and we've been told next time I'll be put on low dose aspirin from 10 weeks, but that was it. I have so many issues with the hospital over that loss it not even funny.

I was very insistant and hashed out a care plan for a future pregnancy that from what I have read from others is actually pretty good, perhaps even unusually so. But none of this helps if we don't get pregnant again. I'd been putting off changing doctors because for the most part I really like and get along with my GP. It's just this one issue we butt heads over. DH is with a different surgery though and his doctor is much more sympathetic to us, but won't refer us because protocol says a fertility referral comes from the woman's doctor. So I plan this week to switch to the same surgery DH is at and hope we can finally start moving forward.

Good Morning Gang!!!! :coffee:

Wow, I see everyone is already wide awake and bushy tailed :winkwink: I keep forgetting we have a HUGE time gap ..:haha:

How is everyone today????

I tell ya... I am officially obsessing, yes, even after I made a big deal and saying I"m not gonna, well obviously I am! LOL!!! I even had a dream last night that I woke up this morning and tested (even in my dream I was only 4 dpo) and had a (bfp) LOL... Don't like screaming it unless it's a "REAL" one Hahahaha ..When I woke I found myself rummaging thru my bathroom drawers and cabinets for a hpt! Hahaha :rofl:

Yep.... I am cray cray.... :winkwink:

I wanna TEST!!!!!! :haha:

ooohh everyone has come over here now...can I play too? For anyone who doesn't know me, I'm currently a teeny little bit pregnant with my rainbow.

Good luck to everyone TTC, pregnant or holding their rainbows lets get through this together, it's the only way to do it

xxx

Hi :friends: Congratulations on your pregnancy :flower:
I know its says when u ar e due but my pea brain can't work out how far along u are:dohh:
how are you feeling?

After we lost Adam (whoa, that was kind of weird, first time his name has been shared with anyone but me and DH) we had a post mortem and a lot of investigations. We lost him due to a circumvallate placenta and hypercoiled umbilical cord. I take higher dose folic acid (5mg/daily) anyway because I have a sister with spina bifida and we've been told next time I'll be put on low dose aspirin from 10 weeks, but that was it. I have so many issues with the hospital over that loss it not even funny.

I was very insistant and hashed out a care plan for a future pregnancy that from what I have read from others is actually pretty good, perhaps even unusually so. But none of this helps if we don't get pregnant again. I'd been putting off changing doctors because for the most part I really like and get along with my GP. It's just this one issue we butt heads over. DH is with a different surgery though and his doctor is much more sympathetic to us, but won't refer us because protocol says a fertility referral comes from the woman's doctor. So I plan this week to switch to the same surgery DH is at and hope we can finally start moving forward.

Adam is a lovely name :cloud9: thanks for sharing..its actually my brothers name too!!
it does sound like u are doing the right thing moving docs.. i really hope he gets things moving for u !!!:hugs::hugs:

Good Morning Gang!!!! :coffee:

Wow, I see everyone is already wide awake and bushy tailed :winkwink: I keep forgetting we have a HUGE time gap ..:haha:

How is everyone today????

I tell ya... I am officially obsessing, yes, even after I made a big deal and saying I"m not gonna, well obviously I am! LOL!!! I even had a dream last night that I woke up this morning and tested (even in my dream I was only 4 dpo) and had a (bfp) LOL... Don't like screaming it unless it's a "REAL" one Hahahaha ..When I woke I found myself rummaging thru my bathroom drawers and cabinets for a hpt! Hahaha :rofl:

Yep.... I am cray cray.... :winkwink:

I wanna TEST!!!!!! :haha:
:rofl: i am a test crazy lady too!!:blush: in fact i am in withdrawl lol!!!

its soooohard not to test especially if u have some handy!!!:winkwink: and then spend ours obsesing whether there is a veeeeerrry faint line or not :dohh:

I'm having a dizzy day today, we are trying to sell our house so i'm supposed to be cleaning tidying etc etc ..so what am i doing...yep BnB :blush:

Imalia I'm so sorry your TTC journey has been such a long and hard one :hugs: Heres hoping that your new GP will be more forthcoming with help! Adam is a lovely name, thanks for sharing :hugs:

Mhazzab how are you feeling? :baby:

Kelly I am officially going insane too :rofl:

Well I am 4dpo today - yesterday I had brown spotting when I wiped only and only the one time... today I have had loads of creamy CM - like loads! I actually thought AF had come super early but it wasn't!

I know I am getting carried away but I am slightly excited because I had loads of CM in the first few weeks with my last pregnancy :headspin:

Hi :friends: Congratulations on your pregnancy :flower:
I know its says when u ar e due but my pea brain can't work out how far along u are:dohh:
how are you feeling?

Hi! :hi:
thanks, still very early, 4.5 weeks, wish time would go faster, lol.

feeling very tired and nauseous but i like it, it means something good is happening in there :happydance:

ooo lovely chatting i really need to sign off and go paint a treasure chest with my 5yr old for her school homework,... we made it yesterday and painting today..... goodness only knows how i'm making treasure for it :wacko:

ooooo collie crazy i'm thinking Implant bleed!!! :yipee:

me tooooooo!

:happydance:

Urgh don't you just hate it when you try to remain calm, and then you get a symptom like this, and it just gets you so impatient as you want to know RIGHT NOW!

Imalia I'm so sorry your TTC journey has been such a long and hard one :hugs: Heres hoping that your new GP will be more forthcoming with help! Adam is a lovely name, thanks for sharing :hugs:

Hi Imalia, same from me too, I will be hoping you get the support you need from the new surgery it's so unfair they are not giving you what you need. thank you for sharing your son's name with us, I feel very honoured, it's lovely xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->