Life after Loss Support Group........All Welcome :)

Hi ladies, my we've been busy on this thread, haven't we?! Just been trying to catch up but my little notebook is so slow it's taken me ages...

Hayley, you brought tears to my eyes reading your post. Like the other girls have said, you have nothing to feel guilty about at all, you did the best you could at the time and your quick-thinking made a horrible situation better than it would have been otherwise. You should be proud of yourself, I'm certain Max is very proud of his mummy :hugs:

Girls, I'm totally rubbish with names at the best of times so please bear with me while I try to remember who's who. Should only take me a few months...:dohh:

Well, I think I outdid myself today on the shopping front. I'm 9 dpo today and because I've had a bit of spotting since 7 dpo I decided to go get some tests from Boots (I know it's too early, but I'm a serial POAS addict). Ended up picking up 2 FRERs, 2 CBs & 4 Boots own tests; you know, cos you really need 8 tests in one go, don't you? :wacko: Anyway, also threw a lipstick, mascara and two nail varnishes in the basket and when I got to the checkout they had an offer on where if you buy the No7 Serum, day cream & night cream you save £30 and only pay £40 instead of £70 AND, this was the seller for me - you get a free gift bag full of rubbish make-up they obviously can't sell! Bargain! Never mind that if you don't buy the creams you save £40 in the first place, of course I bought them and what with all the tests I nearly had to have a little lie down when the bill came to £98. Eek. Only went in for one own-brand pregnancy test. I shouldn't be allowed out alone. Anyway I've just been trying all the free stuff on including green glittery eyeliner, purple eye-shadow and a frosted pink lipstick that's clearly time-travelled from 1984. So, I'm sitting here looking like a hooker. And I'm skint. Result.

Meant to ask, have any of you ever had implantation spotting? Clutching at straws here, I know. Just wondered because I've never spotted this early before, and I'm desperately in need of some kind of positive symptom this month as I've had nothing else. Not even sore bbs and gods knows I've been poking them enough to check :roll::roll: I'm going to test tomorrow anyway. It'd be rude not to :)

Hope you are well girlies :hugs::hugs:

Susanne xx

Hi Susanne!! :hugs: Hahaha I have the same bag of rubbish makeup - the green glitter eyeliner is just awful, isn't it?! I did the exact same thing - put it all on and sat laughing at myself! That No7 serum is expensive, but I really like it, and I hear it's the only anti aging thing on the market that really works, so I'm in!

I did get implantation spotting with my last pregnancy - a kind of pink/brown streaking before AF was due. I came off some medication I was on at the time as soon as I thought there was a chance I concieved, then when I saw that, I thought my AF was early and that was it, so I took the meds again. Then when it stopped, I thought to myself...hmmm maybe this wasn't AF, and I did a test the day it was due, it was positive.

Good luck :hugs:

Ah Kelly, you're a stronger girl than me for hanging on until you're late. Highly impressive! Will be checking in regularly for an update and will keep everything crossed for you! Good luck! :) xxx

Hellylou (sorry told you I was crap with names!) glad I'm not the only numpty who fell for the free gift bag scam! Trying not to get my hopes up with the spotting thing but it's just been so weird, not even proper spotting; just a few (sorry tmi alert) dots of pink/brown when I wiped, once on 7 dpo, once yesterday afternoon and then one spot of pink first thing this morning and nothing since. God, it's hell being this obsessive. I do my own head in... :-O
x

I'm Helen :hugs:

That sounds pretty promising, you know. Do you ever normally spot mid cycle like that? If not, that's a great sign...

Keeping everything crossed for youxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies, my we've been busy on this thread, haven't we?! Just been trying to catch up but my little notebook is so slow it's taken me ages...

Hayley, you brought tears to my eyes reading your post. Like the other girls have said, you have nothing to feel guilty about at all, you did the best you could at the time and your quick-thinking made a horrible situation better than it would have been otherwise. You should be proud of yourself, I'm certain Max is very proud of his mummy :hugs:

Girls, I'm totally rubbish with names at the best of times so please bear with me while I try to remember who's who. Should only take me a few months...:dohh:

Well, I think I outdid myself today on the shopping front. I'm 9 dpo today and because I've had a bit of spotting since 7 dpo I decided to go get some tests from Boots (I know it's too early, but I'm a serial POAS addict). Ended up picking up 2 FRERs, 2 CBs & 4 Boots own tests; you know, cos you really need 8 tests in one go, don't you? :wacko: Anyway, also threw a lipstick, mascara and two nail varnishes in the basket and when I got to the checkout they had an offer on where if you buy the No7 Serum, day cream & night cream you save £30 and only pay £40 instead of £70 AND, this was the seller for me - you get a free gift bag full of rubbish make-up they obviously can't sell! Bargain! Never mind that if you don't buy the creams you save £40 in the first place, of course I bought them and what with all the tests I nearly had to have a little lie down when the bill came to £98. Eek. Only went in for one own-brand pregnancy test. I shouldn't be allowed out alone. Anyway I've just been trying all the free stuff on including green glittery eyeliner, purple eye-shadow and a frosted pink lipstick that's clearly time-travelled from 1984. So, I'm sitting here looking like a hooker. And I'm skint. Result.

Meant to ask, have any of you ever had implantation spotting? Clutching at straws here, I know. Just wondered because I've never spotted this early before, and I'm desperately in need of some kind of positive symptom this month as I've had nothing else. Not even sore bbs and gods knows I've been poking them enough to check :roll::roll: I'm going to test tomorrow anyway. It'd be rude not to :)

Hope you are well girlies :hugs::hugs:

Susanne xx

Susanne, you are hilarious, I've been there myself with the huge bill in boots. And, of course you need 8 Peesticks! I will be checking in here tomorrow to see the results!

Kelly and Nat, I've got everything crossed for both of you...late AF is a good sign! Urgh I wish you didn't have to wait for the morning pee!

Keep up the positive messages, I'm loving it!

Xx

Helen, no I never spot like that. I've spotted early once or twice but not that early and it was pretty constant those times, and enough that I had to wear a pantyliner and thinking about it, it got heavier and heavier until it turned to af. Not had the odd spot like this before. The thing is though, i started taking Agnus Castus this month (I will try absolutely anything once, I swear ANYTHING!) so I'm worried it's that mucking my cycle up. With my luck it will be. That'll teach me to dabble in stuff I know nothing about! :p

Mhairi - sorry spelled that completely wrong! I'm Scottish too, live in England now but originally from outside Glasgow. Where are you? x

Susanne x

Well Poop!

Girls I did it ... hahahahaha:haha:

I caved, I wasted a test! :winkwink: Yep... with mid-day urine!! Of course it told me NOOOOO .. THink I even heard the stupid stick chuckle at me... :haha:

Ok, So, I am totally gonna HIDE ALL sticks!! I have to wait til morning! Arghh... :wacko::wacko::dohh::dohh:

I am actually sitting here in my kitchen with hair dye in my hair.. trying to cover all these lil gray hairs that have suddenly popped up... Well, I wonder why? :dohh: LOL!!!:haha: Nea, they have been peekin' thru at me for a few weeks but today I HAVE to do just about anything and everything to keep me away from the sticks!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl::rofl:

:muaha: Doo Bee Doo Bee Doooooo ..... :toothpick:

OMG this thread has gone majorly crazy today! I was only here at dinnertime and there were still 4 pages of new posts to catch up on when I got home. Madness! but it has made me chuckle.

Well I've been up to the hospital to visit the vampire (aka the pathology lab) to have more blood taken for more follow up tests that my consultant wanted to do. I've had the blood taken once but they used the wrong container so the test couldn't be done and I had to go back. I'll have no blood left at this rate. And the midwife will want to steal more when I see her on the 13th Dec.

Now that it is finally December I have just enjoyed my first mince pie of the year. mmmmmm yum yum yummy

Ah Kelly, you're a stronger girl than me for hanging on until you're late. Highly impressive! Will be checking in regularly for an update and will keep everything crossed for you! Good luck! :) xxx

Susanne think this month has been a one off for Kelly - she is a complete poas-aholic

Well Poop!

I caved, I wasted a test! :winkwink: Yep... with mid-day urine!! Of course it told me NOOOOO .. THink I even heard the stupid stick chuckle at me... :haha:

Ok, So, I am totally gonna HIDE ALL sticks!! I have to wait til morning! Arghh... :wacko::wacko::dohh::dohh:

I am actually sitting here in my kitchen with hair dye in my hair.. trying to cover all these lil gray hairs that have suddenly popped up... Well, I wonder why? :dohh: LOL!!!:haha: Nea, they have been peekin' thru at me for a few weeks but today I HAVE to do just about anything and everything to keep me away from the sticks!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl::rofl:

See I told you!

Kelly you are completely crazy - but that is why we love you! :rofl:

and Im confiscating your sticks, well until tomorrow morning and least and I don't mean 2am either. Save them for the good pee. Come on girl you can do it! I have every faith! xx

oooooooooo look what I just found

I know none of are really looking forward to Christmas but I couldn't resist.

:xmas1::xmas2::xmas3::xmas4::xmas5::xmas6::xmas7::xmas8::xmas9::xmas10::xmas11::xmas12::xmas13:
:xmas14::xmas15::xmas16::xmas17::xmas18::xmas19::xmas20::xmas21::xmas22:

Helen, no I never spot like that. I've spotted early once or twice but not that early and it was pretty constant those times, and enough that I had to wear a pantyliner and thinking about it, it got heavier and heavier until it turned to af. Not had the odd spot like this before. The thing is though, i started taking Agnus Castus this month (I will try absolutely anything once, I swear ANYTHING!) so I'm worried it's that mucking my cycle up. With my luck it will be. That'll teach me to dabble in stuff I know nothing about! :p

Mhairi - sorry spelled that completely wrong! I'm Scottish too, live in England now but originally from outside Glasgow. Where are you? x

Susanne x

I just had to google Agnus Castus...:blush: Well, hopefully it's nothing to do with that, and it's all a good sign of something going on in there!

Well Poop!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!!

oooooooooo look what I just found

I know none of are really looking forward to Christmas but I couldn't resist.

:xmas1::xmas2::xmas3::xmas4::xmas5::xmas6::xmas7::xmas8::xmas9::xmas10::xmas11::xmas12::xmas13:
:xmas14::xmas15::xmas16::xmas17::xmas18::xmas19::xmas20::xmas21::xmas22:

I am actually starting to feel a bit christmassy now. I took the kids round our local garden centre last night, and they do the most wonderful christmas decorations and displays. It was night time, and tasteful christmassy music was playing. I want to pick out a really lovely tree decoration for Thomas, but I am waiting til we have the tree up.

Me again....

I've been majorly bloated all day today, luckily I had a baggy top on so it wasn't too obvious. Just 11 more days at work until Christmas to keep my rainbow a secret. :shhh: Think the black maternity pants may be making an appearance before then though if today is a hint of what the days ahead are going to be like, I've been so uncomfy all day. Had my pjs on ever since I got home :haha:

I want to pick out a really lovely tree decoration for Thomas, but I am waiting til we have the tree up.

That's a lovely idea Helen. We got a silver sparkly butterfly for Max to go on our tree. Not very Christmassy I know but butterflies have become very special to us since we lost him and it seemed like the right one to choose.

They were right at the bottom of the expanded smiles page. I came across them whilst searching for the rolling on the floor smiley.

Helllllllooooooo Ladies :xmas3:

Ooo New Toys!! :xmas8::xmas12::xmas14:

Hahaha! That's all I need huh ... :dohh:

Just an update....I know, from about an hour or so ago... STILL NO AF! :xmas5::xmas8:

I am NOW learning how to roll my hair and making homemade Oatmeal and Raisin cookies... Yes, I am being mean and gonna TRY to trick my kids.. They dont like raisins but they look like chocolate chips... Hahahaha :xmas13: Soooo we'll see how this goes ... :xmas17:

OH! And just for the record... I have NOT poas anymore this afternoon!! :xmas13: Scouts Honor ... :winkwink:

How is all my fine fellers doing today?? Sounds like everyone is getting home from work about now, heck, I think .... All have a great day? feeling alright my lil preggos? :winkwink: :flower:

Nat... You still hanging in there babe?

It's ON tomorrow morning.... There is 3 of us Pee Peeing on sticks and by God, there better be some BFP!!!!! ... :winkwink:

Gonna take their rollers out of my hair, looking like a moose! Haha

Just another thought,,

Is there a way to get a lab blood testing kit for pregnancy for home? It will def be much cheaper and wipe us out of the Poas paranoia for good.

Kelly , if you had a lab test that gave you the results today , would it
make you more confident? I somewhat feel that I need to do this and then
I will stop acting crazy

:) YUM FOR THOSE COOKIES :)

Just another thought,,

Is there a way to get a lab blood testing kit for pregnancy for home? It will def be much cheaper and wipe us out of the Poas paranoia for good.

Kelly , if you had a lab test that gave you the results today , would it
make you more confident? I somewhat feel that I need to do this and then
I will stop acting crazy

:) YUM FOR THOSE COOKIES :)

Hmm? Would I feel more confident with the results I would get TODAY.... Yes...

I am NO expect by no means.. But in my mind, I would think blood work results would be more precise, more accurate that the HPT ... ? ... That is just my opinion... Good Lord knows I'm NO expert at this TTC stuff...:shrug: I've never heard if there was any blood result testing from home available... But heck, I've never used a opk or anything else for that matter ... Hope someone can give ya answers Nat ... :hugs:

AFM ... Still no AF!! The longer she stays away the better :winkwink:

Wow girls! There is like over 10 pages for me to read today - whats going on :happydance: *goes to read, grabs some chocolate*

OK now I see... Its Crazy Kelly time! :rofl: Only joking - love you girl! I'm so excited for you! AF is late :happydance: Please please please please try and hold that pee and then let it alllllll out in the morning on a fabby stick! Its about time we seen those words pop up for you :hugs:

Nat you too! I'm sorry AF is playing games with you but hoping its for a reason and she is staying away for 9 months now! :happydance:

Hayley please dont beat yourself up - you did what you had to at the time. I think we all have some regrets about the way we have done or dealt with things but we did the best we could with what we had at the time. We went into this with no prior experience what else could we do? Emily was born into a bed pan too and its something that haunts me - I just try to hold on to the fact that she was born sleeping so didnt know any better :hugs: Max knows how much he is loved, I am sure.

Now that it is finally December I have just enjoyed my first mince pie of the year. mmmmmm yum yum yummy

Mince pies are yuck! infact just the word has made me feel sick LOL!

Well, I can't think of much to say from my end, just finished another depressing shift at work. I just realised it's the 1st of December today as well, I can't hide from Christmas any more, it's on it's way whether I like it or not.

I know what you mean about christmas coming whether we like it or not. I'm really struggling with it this year. It should be so different for all of us :cry: I've managed to cheer myself up a little by buying a few christmas ornaments for Emilys grave. That sounds a bit morbid but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Jennijunni I am sorry you are going through all this :cry: Its so heartbreaking. I hope the bleeding stops for you soon but if it keeps up make sure you go and get yourself checked out - they may have left some tissue behind after the D&E which is causing the continued bleeding.

:laundry::dishes::iron::shower::hangwashing::brat::shipw::telephone::juggle::comp:

With an occational .... :rain::flasher::lolly::loopy::wohoo::tease::fool::icecream::headspin::friends::yipee::bike::dance:

Gonna TRY like heck to keep myself busy!!!!! :thumbup:

This made me literally Laugh Out Loud :rofl::haha:

Susanne xx

:wave: Hello! I dont think we have met yet. I'm Amanda and I am also a poas-aholic although at 8 weeks pregnant I think I have finally stopped - I do have a test in the drawer though and I hear it calling to me from time to time. When I thought I had a faint positive my last cycle I ran out to the shops and bought 10 tests from 2 different stores (so as not to look completely crazy, you know!?) Now I think that is the sign of a true addict :dohh: You can never have too many pee sticks! Or free make up :haha:

I see your originally from outside Glasgow too! I'm from Glasgow and my OH is from Hamilton :wave:

Helen I love the idea of having an ornament on the tree. And I think I would choose a butterfly too - its definitely our symbol :hugs: I will also be getting my christmas sand tree framed. Did you get yours Mhairi?

Oh and about the people who may not come into this thread what about trying to edit the title to WTT / TTC & Pregnancy Support Group. Or just 'Life after Loss Support Group' then it can be about anything? I'm sure we could contact the person who made it to change it for us that way more people might pop in :hugs:

AFM: Nothing much new to report oh except I think I have a craving!! For Jelly Tots! Mmmmm I dont know why but I cant get enough of them and I havent had them in years! Yum Yum.

Good God, ladies! I was on here at 10pm last night (NZ time) and ghot up this morning to 6 pages!

Don't know where to begin...

Susanne, you made me laugh there, thought that had to be Glasgow humour! I'm from just outside Glasgow too, originally. I think I've lost any sense of humour lately though...it's a good thing for me that I live in the sticks now with not a Boots-equivalent in site, as I'm exactly the same about bargains.... and pee sticks, except there's only one brand I can get here along with blue-dye ones which I'm not gettting and they all require a new mortgage on the house, nearly, so that keeps my madness at bay. GL with testing. Don't worry if you get names wrong, it must be pretty hard coming in fresh and we're all banding names around, especially the ones that aren't so obvious from user names, we won't be insulted if you get it wrong, I still have mental blanks sometimes...

Kelly, sososo hoping this is it for you! As far as I'm aware the Digis are less sensitive than the FRER, so defo use first thing in morning pee. I think that's why the result on them is so reliable and conclusive. Can anyone confirm this? Hope you managed to distract yourself hon. Lol at the Moose comment!

Nat, hope you get a result soon too!

Even though I'm dreading Chritmas, the wee smileys made me laugh!

Righto, better go and do something around this messy house, i spend far too much time on here!

Speak to you all later, hoping for positive updates!

xxx

Kelly ,

I called Easy Blue and she said that our levels that the pregnancy test detects increase every other day. She said to wait couple of days , it still could come up positive!

HERE IS TO OUR HOPE!

CHEERS

Nat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back