Life after Loss Support Group........All Welcome :)

My baby was due today, I was 15 weeks and 6 days into my pregnancy, I'm trying hard not to cry and I've got to keep my mind open to the future but my body's not gone back to normal since (Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding and now on medication for it) and I feel that my tiny little boy was my last chance at having a child naturally. I miss him more than I knew I would :/ So small a child, such a huge impact on my heart, mind and body.

welcome, I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: I'm very glad you have found us here we will do whatever we can to help you through this.

I found my due date hard too, I had a good old cry that day. I felt a bit better afterwards, I could stop counting how many weeks pregnant I was.

I'm sorry you have had complications since the birth, it's not fair having to deal with that on top of everything else.

xxx

Oh Amanda, I'm so stoked things are all good with you! I'm just running out the door to get Dd of to school so will write properly in a bit but just wanted you to know how happy I am for you!! xxxx

So, I bought the First Response ovulation monitor!!! And lucky I did it today because you have to take the first test on day 5 of period/spotting. I started spotting Friday night which makes today day 5. So, I took the test when I got home (neg of course) but I'm excited to use it and hope it works! Didn't tell OH I was even thinking about it...surprise!

Welcome TTCmetalmom, I'm sorry for your loss, I hope we can help you in any way we can.

Blav, hurrah for the FR thingy, you can't seem to get them here, which is a shame as they seem great. Here's hoping it does it's thing for you!

Kiki, sorry it's still not happened, have you been stressed or ill? I know that can delay things for you. It's pretty near impossible not to stress in our situation though. maybe a long bath with a good book or something might release some tension and an egg?

Tanya, sorry again you'll be joining me for a drink at Christmas. I've just thought, I'm going to MIL's on the 20th and won't be back till about the 27th or so, I doubt I'll get online for all that time - what am i going to do?? I'll go nuts! I'll have about a million pages to try to catch!

How are you tonight, Amanda? I hope fine with no more bleeding. at least they told you to expect it if it happens, but I'm still hoping you have no more, for the sake of your sanity. Love your wee scan pic, it does look like a wee gummy bear - too cute, you must have been so relieved.

Nat, sounds strange but at least you are OV-ing, did you catch it, do you think, or did it catch you unawares? Hope you got it hon.

How's everyone else going?

I'm fine, have started taking honey and cinnamon, I read about it yesterday - it has absolutely no scientific basis and bugger-all proof but I'll give anything a shot. Oh and I'm drinking grapefruit juice as well as it's supposed to help with EWCM or something, but you've not to take it after OV as it interferes with implantation or something, then I'll switch to pineapple which is supposed to help with implantation. Phew! I'm like a walking grocery store, I'm not quite sure what happened to taking a break and forgetting it till after Christmas, hehe. I'm still not sure if I will give it a go this month but I want to see if these things help with Ov and all that anyway, to try to get things back on track in my stupid body. The honey with cinnamon is starting to make me retch already though (only the second day) so I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep that up!

Hope you are all well...

xxx

Nikki,

How are you? I checked the time in New Zealand and its morning(not sure if ahead or behind the us time)

Its my guess since the opk was negative. Before I had a way to tell ovulation but have not seen the sign for a while. I noticed it agian yesterday so def an uneducated guess

Nat

Hi Nat, I think we are ahead of most places, time-wise. Sorry I was off the computer there for a while, need to get more done around here! Here's hoping you caught it then, sorry you're back into 2WW hell though. Hopefully it'll go quick and you'll have a BFP just in time for Christmas!
xx

Hi Nat, I think we are ahead of most places, time-wise. Sorry I was off the computer there for a while, need to get more done around here! Here's hoping you caught it then, sorry you're back into 2WW hell though. Hopefully it'll go quick and you'll have a BFP just in time for Christmas!
xx

most likely didnt catch because i discovered too late. Not sure it was ovulation :dohh: no hope here. Its interesting how everyone here is almost sync in the AF and ovulation time!

THE BEST OF EVERYTHING TO EVERYBODY!

My baby was due today, I was 15 weeks and 6 days into my pregnancy, I'm trying hard not to cry and I've got to keep my mind open to the future but my body's not gone back to normal since (Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding and now on medication for it) and I feel that my tiny little boy was my last chance at having a child naturally. I miss him more than I knew I would :/ So small a child, such a huge impact on my heart, mind and body.

I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your son :cry::cry::cry:. yes you need to keep your mind clear but you also need to to grieve :cry: It is a long and hard process, but we all get through it somehow. If you ever need a friend I am here as is all of us, I am so deeply sorry :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

So, I bought the First Response ovulation monitor!!! And lucky I did it today because you have to take the first test on day 5 of period/spotting. I started spotting Friday night which makes today day 5. So, I took the test when I got home (neg of course) but I'm excited to use it and hope it works! Didn't tell OH I was even thinking about it...surprise!

I have (Bought about 3 months ago )) the Clearblue easy ovulation monitor. It says to start testing at 8 days. I love it and I love getting that smiley face :happydance::happydance::happydance:/ Is your monitor digital? I am sure it is. I don't understand why they would say day 5 that is a bit early, but they do work and they are great! Last period October 20th I ovulated on day 13 th, then got my AF on November 11th and I ovulated on day 16th :wacko::wacko::wacko:
that is why these monitors are SO important , cause you just don't know for sure when you ovulated . Now just got my AF yesterday December 6th , so we will see what day I ovulate this month ...
Glad you got the monitor, I love it!! Hope it makes things easier for you, I know it did for me :kiss::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh my god, I have just read ten pages of posts, what a rollercoaster!

Amanda - I am so, so, so glad that everything turned out all right, i was reading your updates and just thinking i hope everything is ok, and when you finally posted that everything was, i literally cheered for you! Oh and you lil bean is soo Squee!!

Well still no af for me, my IC's have yet too arrive, it has been nearly ten weeks since my last period, although i spotted for about 7 of them off and on, and was definately not pregnant around the middle of november as i got a neg on hpt.

I'm going to say it here, mainly because i dont know, i'm afraid to talk about it out loud. I'm scared that if i have gotten myself pregnant (i'm pretty sure i havent) that there will be something wrong with the baby because i havent had any proper periods, does that make sense.

I'm sure i'm not preggo, as before being on the pill many years ago, i used to have irregular periods but i cant ever remember them being this bad.

anyways i hope everyone else is well lots of :hugs: to everyone!

Christine xx

GIRLS!!!! I just logged in now i cant believe i missed so much... amanda im so happy your ok..i freaked out as well last week when i had a bleed only to see a healthy lil bean in there too, looks like bleding is more commen than we think! thank god everything is good im so happy!

tanya hun im so sorry af got you hun, been thinkin bout you loads!! am always here!

well im 12 weeks on thursday yay lol have my scan next week so will be saying lots of prayers and positive thoughts.

how is everyone girls ive missed so much stupid time difference and work have me all over the place lol xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jo, you know I was thinking the exact same thing the other night. Out of all the rainbow Mammies on here almost everyone has had a bleed of some sort & thank god for each and every one of you it has turned out to be ok. It gives us a little snapshot of the rest of the pregnant ladies in the world and shows us just how common it is.

Thanks Joelene, Ah I'm not too bad about it. Trying not to think about it but thats easier said than done considering this AF is super heavy and painful. (TMI sorry). I'm thinkin about you and little bubs all the time too. I hope you not finding work too hard coming up to Xmas. I bet your very busy now. Take lots of breaks if you need them. Its a tough job being on your feet all day with a little baba in tow. Oh my hairs not 4 different shades anymore. lol. I put another colour in it but sure it turned out as dark as ever. arrgg. lol. I guess it'll have to do. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh my god, I have just read ten pages of posts, what a rollercoaster!

Amanda - I am so, so, so glad that everything turned out all right, i was reading your updates and just thinking i hope everything is ok, and when you finally posted that everything was, i literally cheered for you! Oh and you lil bean is soo Squee!!

Well still no af for me, my IC's have yet too arrive, it has been nearly ten weeks since my last period, although i spotted for about 7 of them off and on, and was definately not pregnant around the middle of november as i got a neg on hpt.

I'm going to say it here, mainly because i dont know, i'm afraid to talk about it out loud. I'm scared that if i have gotten myself pregnant (i'm pretty sure i havent) that there will be something wrong with the baby because i havent had any proper periods, does that make sense.

I'm sure i'm not preggo, as before being on the pill many years ago, i used to have irregular periods but i cant ever remember them being this bad.

anyways i hope everyone else is well lots of :hugs: to everyone!

Christine xx

Christine,
Why not have a talk with your doctor? I don't know I have always had a period every month so i can't help much :nope: sorry . I am going to the docotr next Monday just for a check up, but I have not been there since I lost my Ava. I am so nervous to go. I have been going to my doctor for 8 years! I know he is going to ask where I have been all these months, I will just tell him the truth that i was not ready to be in the office or ready to come back till now. I hope you get this all sorted out, thanks for listening to my moan, that i rudely included in your post :dohh::dohh:
XOXO Sending my love and much luck ..Andrea:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Blav- I use cheap OPKs from ebay and although I have yet to get an in your face positive I can definitely witness the lines getting darker and then lighter again after OV.

MetalMom- I am very sorry for your loss. Yesterday must have been very hard for you. My due date is in 9 days and I dread it. I'm glad you found your way to us. I hope we can be of some help to you. :hugs::hugs:

Nikki- I wish I could join you for a real Xmas drink. :thumbup: Oh you'll have to spend about 3 days catching up the way us girls natter. LOL I'm laughing at your ttc antics, you know just last night I was searching online for things to take while ttc. I even diagnosed myself as having low preogesterone as I thought my post ovulation temps were too low but apparently they are fine. I'll be like a walking blood chemist this month, aspirin, EPO, folic acid, vitamins and I'm sure I'll find something else to throw down my gob. lol

Christine, don't worry hun. There are lots of women who get pregnant before their next AF arrives so if that was the case with you I am sure that everything would be fine.

Hey Andrea, I'm glad you have built up the courage to go to the doctor. :hugs::hugs:

How are all you pregnant girls doing? Any sickness? I hope you and your wee rainbows are doing well. :hugs::hugs:

Blav- I use cheap OPKs from ebay and although I have yet to get an in your face positive I can definitely witness the lines getting darker and then lighter again after OV.

MetalMom- I am very sorry for your loss. Yesterday must have been very hard for you. My due date is in 9 days and I dread it. I'm glad you found your way to us. I hope we can be of some help to you. :hugs::hugs:

Nikki- I wish I could join you for a real Xmas drink. :thumbup: Oh you'll have to spend about 3 days catching up the way us girls natter. LOL I'm laughing at your ttc antics, you know just last night I was searching online for things to take while ttc. I even diagnosed myself as having low preogesterone as I thought my post ovulation temps were too low but apparently they are fine. I'll be like a walking blood chemist this month, aspirin, EPO, folic acid, vitamins and I'm sure I'll find something else to throw down my gob. lol

Christine, don't worry hun. There are lots of women who get pregnant before their next AF arrives so if that was the case with you I am sure that everything would be fine.

Hey Andrea, I'm glad you have built up the courage to go to the doctor. :hugs::hugs:

How are all you pregnant girls doing? Any sickness? I hope you and your wee rainbows are doing well. :hugs::hugs:

Thanks ! I am really nervous about going, the office it just brings back all the memories of when I found out Ava was gone. That is where I had 3 sonograms to make sure she was gone and i just remember breaking down and then trying to be quiet so i would not scare the other women who were sitting there in the office big time pregnant (Don't know why that entered my mind, but I didn't want them to be scared by me) So my best friend is supposed to come with me next Monday i am praying she can for sure come. I could make my husband take a day off work, but i don't want to do that so if i have to go alone I will, but I will shitting in my pants :nope::nope::nope: I am scared .. XOOX:hugs::hugs::hugs:

That was like me when I went for my first follow up appt in the hospital. It was so so hard. it was the place that I spent alot of time while pregnant with Jakob, the place where I cried with happiness when I seen him wriggle about inside on so many occasions and the place were my world fell apart when I went into labour. The place were I cuddled my son for the first time and the place were I had to say goodbye. It was incredibly hard being back there and it was so emotional. I seen the doctor who delivered him and the sight of her made me burst into tears and run to the toilet. The second time being back wasn't as hard for me as the first. I really hope your friend can go with you as I really needed someone there with me that day. My OH tried to keep me distracted when he seen a doctor or midwife that we recognised and held me when I cried. i couldn't have done it on my own so its great that your friend is going with you.

Andrea - I'm sure your doctors will be fine but i can understand why you would be scared of going there.

I have been to the doctors a few times and even mentioned to the consultant when we got our results about my periods not returning and they just keep saying it'll take time.

oh well i'm going xmas shopping today and i'm going to the cinema to see hugo!
xx

That was like me when I went for my first follow up appt in the hospital. It was so so hard. it was the place that I spent alot of time while pregnant with Jakob, the place where I cried with happiness when I seen him wriggle about inside on so many occasions and the place were my world fell apart when I went into labour. The place were I cuddled my son for the first time and the place were I had to say goodbye. It was incredibly hard being back there and it was so emotional. I seen the doctor who delivered him and the sight of her made me burst into tears and run to the toilet. The second time being back wasn't as hard for me as the first. I really hope your friend can go with you as I really needed someone there with me that day. My OH tried to keep me distracted when he seen a doctor or midwife that we recognised and held me when I cried. i couldn't have done it on my own so its great that your friend is going with you.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: You understand perfectly... :kiss:

Andrea - I'm sure your doctors will be fine but i can understand why you would be scared of going there.

I have been to the doctors a few times and even mentioned to the consultant when we got our results about my periods not returning and they just keep saying it'll take time.

oh well i'm going xmas shopping today and i'm going to the cinema to see hugo!
xx

Good for you, get out and be positive.. XOOXOXOXXO :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

LOL I'm laughing at your ttc antics, you know just last night I was searching online for things to take while ttc. I even diagnosed myself as having low preogesterone as I thought my post ovulation temps were too low but apparently they are fine. I'll be like a walking blood chemist this month, aspirin, EPO, folic acid, vitamins and I'm sure I'll find something else to throw down my gob. lol

:xmas13:

This is so funny! I found a load of pills I was taking TTC & in early pregnancy yesterday. I took Soy for a couple of months & fell the month after I stopped taking it, I also brought Maca root (but only ever took one tablet! Just forgot when I needed to take them & also had decided to stop TTC). Dont know if you ladies have heard of Maca but its something that occurs in the Amazonian rainforest, and they eat it as part of their diet & the women there are super fertile by all accounts.

I read about the grapefruit juice, but not sure when to stop drinking it as how do you know if you have caught the egg?????

I drank Raspberry red leaf tea - I know this is something that is supposed to induce labour, but its also good before you conceive but I think you cant drink it after a certain day in your cycle (cant remember then though). My bloody brain has turned to mush!!!!!!!! I have no memory of details anymore!!!

I think there are sooooo many remedies & I think it helps you to feel like you are doing something in making your body ready to allow the little :spermy: to get your egg!

I am now going to make sure I see every new day as one day closer to being able to try again :thumbup:

I should be getting a call today from the hospital regarding starting to arrange the funeral.....just hope I can keep this positive outlook once we discuss the funeral x

Keep cooking those rainbows girls - bleeding is so common, I had it early on with Bertie & the lady that scanned me said she bled all through her pregnancy & it was born fine.

To all those TTC :dust: and pray that :xmas6: brings you all a Christmas BFP

xx

I have (Bought about 3 months ago )) the Clearblue easy ovulation monitor. It says to start testing at 8 days. I love it and I love getting that smiley face :happydance::happydance::happydance:/ Is your monitor digital? I am sure it is. I don't understand why they would say day 5 that is a bit early, but they do work and they are great! Last period October 20th I ovulated on day 13 th, then got my AF on November 11th and I ovulated on day 16th :wacko::wacko::wacko:
that is why these monitors are SO important , cause you just don't know for sure when you ovulated . Now just got my AF yesterday December 6th , so we will see what day I ovulate this month ...
Glad you got the monitor, I love it!! Hope it makes things easier for you, I know it did for me :kiss::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

The one I got is digital, but is only for a month (so kind of disposable as well). We found out roughly when we thought I would ovulate, but then I got worried that it would be wonky as this is my first period so I bought it and I'm glad I did. I know it's probably unrealistic to really want and expect a bfp after our first month trying, but it's so hard not to get my hopes up. Someone bring me back down to earth?

Completely unrelated, but a huge source of stress for me today is my dog...he has started biting OH! We've been together for almost a year and al of the sudden, any time he comes in for a kiss or hug, my dog tries to bite him! I'm so embarassed and just don't know what to do to make him stop. I contacted a trainer this morning to see what services she offers and get prices. We can't bring a baby into a home with a dog that bites anyone who gets near me! OH seemed frustrated when he left over it and I just feel awful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->