Looking for a April ivf cycle buddy!

Fab news Loch :thumbup:

Do you not get the option to go to day 5 on the NHS? xxx

No, they haven't given us that option - just that we are going back on Sat, so is that 2 day transfer? Retrieval - Thurs and transfer - Sat. Did they give you the option? My lot are pretty strict - maybe a Scottish/ English difference or just different depending on the clinic?

loch :happydance: that is wonderful news. My clinic just does 2 day transfer as well (NHS but I am paying). It is strange, but Ive heard good success rates from it. Fingers cross your lovely embies divide over night :hugs:

Well done Lochy - fab news!!

I'm NHS and hopefully going for a 5 DT.

Thanks Lisa - I think at slight risk of OHSS but just have to keep drinking. I always thought I might respond well! No wonder I feel bloated!!!

Ladies can I ask a possible dumb question - do I have to stim tomorrow if I'm doing my trigger in the eve? I know I have to take my nasal spray as normal tomorrow. I don't think I have any stimms left? It should say it in my instructions - feeling a bit brain foggy!!! LOL xxxx

I didnt stim on the day of the trigger - just the down reg drugs and trigger. Congrats on lots of lovely follies :) What clinic are you at? You at Bath?

Yep Bath MM - okay I don't think I do as I made the nurse do my last stimm this morning hehehe

Only allowed to have 1 emby put back - hopefully I'll have one!!!

Good luck for your ET MM and Lochy!! Xxx

Ratma, I think I just stimmed up to the day before trigger - it was only last week, how do I not remember! Can you phone the nurse and find out? When will your retrieval be? Monday? How exciting, fingers crossed for you.

I have finally joined prune club! :( Feeling really blocked up and have had some EWCM with blood this morning - hoping this is normal. Can't track any prune juice so went for some actual prunage. :D

Attachments

• prunes.jpg
    prunes.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1
Yes mrs max - they put a deadline - use the. Before so and so date last year or they will be destroyed and trust me it was beyond upsetting as I then also got a bfn with none left and had to start over. Can you believe that they changed the law back again three months ago so now we can store embryos again. That living in a kingdom for you.

Just received the phone call for the quantitive blood test which was neg - devastated -numb and not sure I can do this again. The retrieval is really painful for me as my overies are sort of hanging loose in there and the doc basically has to stab at them to nip the eggs off it sawful. Well, I deal with need lies and docs all the time , I will wait and speak the the hubby tomorrow as he is away.
reb. Thank you . In addition to the joints its the dreaded flu like feeling and breathing probes, the best way to describe it is the explanation called the spoon theory. There is one there by a so called high maitinence spoon as she call herself and it is hilarious.

Anyway, I will follow you ladies on your quests , lots of baby dust to you all.
Lillyxxx
Lillyxx

Wooah, so much going on.

Springy, good luck to you, what a big day!

Loch, congrats, with all 7 fertilized, its a very good sign that everything will be perfect!

Ratma, great follies! I had way less. Also, I think everything will be ok with such follies!

Bambine, (hugs). The law about frozen embies shocked me, how some religious people feel they have the right to tell whether embies live or die. You are such a strong woman. I really hope you will be blessed with another child despite this awful bfn.

It's so strange how clinics around the world have such different believes. Mine almost always tries to push to day 5 transfers. Thir rule is pretty much if you get 5 or more, you are getting a day 5 transfer. If less - than day 3. But in general, they believe that if the embies did not survive to day 5, than they would have not survived in a womb either. Which I disagree with. There are still many arguments about that.

I'm so sorry Bambine ((hugs)) I hope you can find the strength inside to try again. Thanks for all the support you have given us xxx

Thanks Lochy - I just looked in the bag with the trigger and there's another days worth of stimms in there, so I phoned to check, and yes one last day of stimming tomorrow, then HCG in the evening so 2 injs tomorrow :( hopefully it'll be worth it!!

Hi there!

Reb S: thanks for your welcome and great to hear from you. Looks like us two, old biddies are in the 2ww. What are you getting up to to keep yourself busy?

Springy: I'm at Tom Hannam's clinic at Bay/Elm. How about you? As for testing early, do you mean peeing on a stick? My hubby doesn't want me to do it (he's so logical!) but if I do I'll wait until a week today or so.

babyhopes13: good luck with your first scan today. Let us know how it went.

Ratmagirl: wow, that's quite a set of follicles. Nice job! All the best for your ER on Monday. Is it common practice in the UK to have patients asleep for the ER? Re: the bloating, don't forget to up your salt intake, too. If you have water alone then you're at risk of bloating more. Go have some fish and chips with lots of salt and vinegar! Also, re: your question, when I triggered I also took a big shot of stim as well, as prescribed by my RE. Apparently that big shot of stim helped the eggs develop over the 36 hours between trigger and ER. You might want to ask just to be safe.

lochbride: congrats on your 7 fertilized--fantastic! Are you in Scotland? I ask because I'm from Glasgow originally and most of my family is still there. In fact, one of my cousins is a Gyne at the Royal Infirmary. My cousin underwent IVF last year, in Glasgow. All went well so hopefully the same for you.

katrus78: my clinic here in Toronto is like yours. If you have enough embryos then you're going to five days, but if you've got a few then they won't chance it and will do the ET at day 3. I think it also depends on the embryo quality, too.

On this end, I'm on day 5 of the 2ww and keeping busy to keep my mind off it. Mind you, since 24 hours post-ET, I've been having these really mild cramps that are similar to the ones that herald an oncoming bitchy/witchy. For the first day or so that they happened I kept expecting one to arrive but it never did. Also, my boobs are so enlarged that they've become shiny. They were really achy for the first couple of days post-ET but that's subsided a bit. Finally, I've started getting some spots on my chin. Hopefully that's due to swaths of progesterone being produced by my excited ovaries!

All the best ladies and looking forward to reading your updates.

No, they haven't given us that option - just that we are going back on Sat, so is that 2 day transfer? Retrieval - Thurs and transfer - Sat. Did they give you the option? My lot are pretty strict - maybe a Scottish/ English difference or just different depending on the clinic?

Our clinic do satellite IVF with CARE Manchester so i get my NHS free funding to day 3 and then have to pay £385 if i want to go to day 5 which we will be fully prepared to do given the choice.

It is strange the differences between clinics xxx

will be short ... 12 eggs retrieved, I am ok with that ... wanted a few more but 12 will have to do! Retrieval was easy. I didnt feel anything. Now just off to eat some lunch. Write more later after I've napped the drugs off.

will be short ... 12 eggs retrieved, I am ok with that ... wanted a few more but 12 will have to do! Retrieval was easy. I didnt feel anything. Now just off to eat some lunch. Write more later after I've napped the drugs off.

12 is a good number Springy - well done :D enjoy the snoozing and will hear more when you are back with us :)

Wow, 12 is awesome, Springy. Now can't wait for the fertilization report tomorrow!!!!!! Things are moving so fast :)

Ratma, you are next! Eggciting!!!

Let's all send our best vibes to MM's embabies!!!! Grow, little winners, grow!!!!

Reb, how is it hanging, darling? Any symtoms? When do you test oficially and unoficially?

AFM, I am just hanging nervousely at work waiting for my HCG result. It's only a few hours away now. I wonder if you can tell by the HCG level this early if it's one or two. I've seen high levels with a singleton, and low levels with multiples... Just wonder though...

Eggtastic Springster - 12 is ace!! Lots of fertilising vibes across to you xxx

Sending lots of growing, multiplying and burying vibes to you MM

I'm feeling really positive :D :D :D

Did your spotting come to anything Kat? Xxx

Ratma, thank god, the spotting stopped yesterday, and nothing there today. So I will dismiss it for implantation spotting :)

:hugs::hugs::hugs:Bambine, I'm so sorry. I guess you used a lot of spoons doing IVF, but maybe given some time, you'll find you have a few in reserve. I'm so glad you have your lovely family to look after you as you recover from the disappointment.xxx
Springy - great news - believe it or not, less eggs is good - the quality is usually better. Here's to good news tomorrow xxx
AFM - no symptoms at all...urk.

Reb, believe it or not, I still have no symptoms, and before I poased the first time, I after a couple of days after transfer it was like a dream to me, like I could barely believe they put the embies inside me. I thought I'd def feel something, but still nothing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->