Looking for a April ivf cycle buddy!

42 - I was with ISIS in Mississauga before and when it got to the IVF stage we wanted to somewhere where we were TOTALLY comfrotable and like you the first time we walked into Hannam we were much happier. We originally wanted to see Tom but got in sooner to see Dr. Redmond. We were told to meet with her and if we weren't happy then we could see Dr. Hannam thereby by passing the long wait list. Well we met with her and we really liked her! She is fantastic and so is all the staff at Hannam - excpet the one lady doing bloodwork who I don't particularly like as I have major needle fear so I like to lie down and she seemed to make a big deal of that everyday and she also bruised me ... but oh well small price to pay ;)

What is WordFued? Is that like scrabble? I'll down load the ap today and look for you!

still no call ... tick tock tick tock .... just hoping we have 9 or 10!!

Good afternoon lassies!

lochbride: well done on entering the 2ww and welcome! That's fantastic that you got to actually see the embryos on U/S. For us, our doc warned us that we'd just see a big swoosh o' bubbles--and we did.

Ratmagirl: yep, I know where Orangeville--it's north of downtown Toronto. All the best for your boobage increase! All the best with this eve's trigger at the in-laws. Relatedly, when it came time to give myself the first two jags I took them with me to the ILs. I was terrified but reckoned, if I bring them there then I can't exactly hole myself in the loo for hours humming and hawing about giving the first one. After giving the first jag my knees were knocking but all was good when I realized it was no big deal. (And this is coming from an ex-needlephobe--more on that later!) All the best!

wishingalways: for me, it was a day 5 transfer. Our clinic transfers at day 3 if the embryo number is small and we went into it with five ICSI-ed embryos that seemed to be doing fine at day 3, so they kept 'em cooking. As for testing early, given you who's become a POAS-holic, I might just give you some company next week! We'll see. My hubbo is quite the Vulcan-like logician and he reckons it's a bad idea. Of course, technically, I agree with him but emotionally, well…! I agree with you on the sleep. I've always been a night hawk and this past week I've been going to bed at 9 and 10pm. Like, wot?! It's really odd. Good going on the blokes guide to pregnancy. Is that what it's actually called? I'll look that up and snag a copy.

mrsmax: hopefully your wee ones are sticking in nicely. As for betas, what do you mean you don't have them in the UK? What is used instead? POAS only???

Springy: I hope you're getting the big call as I type this! In the meantime, it's great that you were mega-comfy with Hannam. I'll tell you, the first guy we went to (Auyeung) was a bit creepy and egomaniacal and he had to show his U/S staff how to do a transvag which didn't really warm the cockles! Next was TCART which reminds me a lot of a factory. However, the one doc there who we had for our one and only IUI was lovely. The problem was, he had a fellow from Israel following him around, trying to learn the ER ropes. The main doc left the room to snag my hubbo's guys for the IUI and left me with the feet up in the stirrups and the fellow. What does the fellow do with me lying there? Whips out his BlackBerry and starts texting. I was, like, ummmmm, hellooooo?! I should have said something, but didn't and never returned. It was a friend of mine from med school who worked with Hannam (and was offered a job there) and she highly recommended him. She, in fact, used his services for her two (successful) IUIs. I've heard Redmond is great and I only saw her for my SHG. (In fact, it was Apr. 29th last year and I kept my mind off it by watching the royal wedding live on my iPhone while in the U/S suite!) How long was the waitlist for Hannam? I was super-hesitant to do IVF (although I knew that was our only recourse) as I had a major needle phobia, so I waited for a few months to see him, without any bother. Regarding the bloodwork ladies there is Marlene and Darlene. Marlene is the one with the shorter hair and she's more experienced. She can get almost any vein. If you talk to them they're really quite nice when they get to know you. (Can you imagine having to take blood from ~80 people a day?!! Gah!!) Did Hannam ever refer you for needle counselling? He did for me and they have someone who does it up on the 18th floor. Two sessions and I went from a 9/10 on the fear scale to 2/10. I'd recommend it. I mean, I still don't like needles, but I'm now not ready to flee the premises if anyone comes near me with one! Okay, now that this has diverted your attention for a wee bit, I hope the phone rings!

On this end, I was thinking about due dates if an IVF cycle works. Technically, wouldn't it be 38 weeks from the transfer date? Normally, when we calculate a due date in hospitals (I'm a medic) we go 40 weeks from the day of the last period. So, following that ovulation occurs 14 days after the LMP, and the triggered ovulation is around that, too, then the due date should be ~38 weeks from the transfer or maybe a wee bit less. So, for us, we had our transfer on Apr. 16th, which would mean that the due date for us should be around Jan. 2 2013. Almost a Hogmanay baby!!!

Have a great Saturday eve, everyone and great lots of baby dust showering over all of you!

Oh Springy, I hope those peeps at the clinic call soon.
Wishing - a Christmas baby :happydance: Loving the pic!
MrsM - you get a photo! That's so cool. I didn't even know we'd see anything so it was a lovely plus. Keep the faith :D
Good luck for your trigger Ratma!

Can't remember what's supposed to be on these lists so please feel free to correct, amend or add to - guess the test date might be the thing to include? We already have a couple of confirmed BFP's!!

Lochbride (32, DH 32)
TTC 3 years 4 months
ICSI #1
Trigger: 17th April
ER: 19th April
ET: 21st April - 2TD, 2 x embies
Blood test 4th May

Got the call ladies!!! 11 of our 12 eggs have fertilized!!!! DH and I are over the moon thrilled!!!! :happydance:

Fantastic news Springy :happydance: Have u done IVF or ICSI? xx

Fantastic news Springy :happydance: Have u done IVF or ICSI? xx

Given we were unexplained with a "slight" morphology issue, nothing that should explain 2 1/2 years of infertility, we opted to do 100% ICSI on the eggs. I didn't ask if the 12th egg was not mature or if it failed to fertilize. I could not believe she said 11 and I was starting to cry so I didn't care at that point!!! LOL

YAY go Springys embies!!! That's fabby news lovely - muchus chuffus!!! :D

Trigger and sniffers DONE - yeah yeah yeah no more druggies for moi, except the vadge pellets LOLOLOLOL xxxx

I feel like I could literally pop now!!!!

Thats why i asked hun because im so worried that if we opt for IVF then our fertilisation is goin to be low. OH has grade A spermies but its still a worry :shrug: xx

Thats why i asked hun because im so worried that if we opt for IVF then our fertilisation is goin to be low. OH has grade A spermies but its still a worry :shrug: xx

Do you have the option of doing 50:50 ICSI? Where they split the eggs and do conventional IVF with half of them and ICSI with the others?

That was what our original plan was but as IVF got closer we just decided we didn't care if fertilization was our issue we just wanted a baby out of it. In the grand scheme of IVF the $1500 to add on ICSI seemed like a small price to pay should we have to do this all over again.

We havent really even been given ICSI as an option yet because its NHS funded but im guessing for a fee it could be added. I just want to rule out the uncertainty iykwim
All i hear on here is ICSI and not much IVF :shrug: anyone doing IVF? xx

I'm sure if your OHs sperms are grade A then it'll be fine Lise. The stats for cycles working are roughly the same for ICSI and IVF.

My OH SA's were really poor, roughly 2million/ml when it should be at least 10 times that!

Try not to worry chicky ((hugs)) xxx

Hi lisa, my dh sperm were really good but I too was worried, they told me on the day of egg collection that they get the sperm sample clean it and condense it. If they feel there is not enough at that point they would do icsi but if there was they would go ivf. If it was borderline they would do 50/50. all ours were ivf and we had a 70% fertilisation. X. X x try not to worry it sounds like you will be fine with ivf. X

Thanks for the reassurance that has really eased my worries. Im glad the assess it on how the swimmers are looking. Im sure we will be fine its just a small anxiety that i had but im feeling good about it now.... Thanks xx

Great news re Springy fertilization! yippee.
Hope all are well. I am feeling very unpregnant...urk. Keep checking my panties each time I pee, but no signs of AF yet...fingers crossed x
Lisa - we were borderline ICSI but they did IVF as they feel it is less invasive. We didn't get a great fertilization rate, but that's my eggies...if the sample isn't great, they'll do ICSI

Omg, go little Springsters, go!
I am so happy for you! You will see, you will be preggo in no time!!

Reb, I still don't feel even a tiny bit pregnant. No symptoms whatsoever. I am planning to poas on a digi tomorrow morning, just to reassure myself.

Wishing, happy to hear you are doing well my estimated due date is Dec 28, not sure why yours is one day earlier. How did you calculate? I though we conceived the same day?

Ratma, can't believe you are so close! Monday is right around the corner!

Here is a good site to calculator for your due dates:

https://www.ivf.ca/duedate.php

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies! Just hoping we don't loose too many as the days go by!

Katrus - I"m glad to hear you say you don't feel pregnant as I hear people report on this site all the time all these symptoms yet my sister and my best friend NEVER had any symptoms so its reassuring to hear that nothing can be a symptom :haha:

Ratma - Enjoy your shot free day tomorrow!!!!!!

Reb - NO giving up yet PMA only!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"