looking for ttc buddy?

i have been kinda scared this week. i found out i was exposed to a virus called fifth disease. its usually harmless for healthy people, gives them cold-like symptoms then a rash. some people have no symptoms at all. but since im pregnant it can be very harmful to the baby. he could even die:nope:

i had to go in wednesday to have blood drawn for two tests. the first test will show if i have had the virus before and am already immune to it. if thats the case i dont have to worry about the baby being hurt by it and will be safe in any future pregnancies as well.

the second test will show if im infected with it right now. if i am i have to go in often to have the baby monitored by scans. if he shows any signs of having the virus like swelling, excess amniotic fluid, anemia symptoms in the baby, etc. they will have to draw blood from his cord to see if he has the virus. if he does they will start blood transfusions in him. they have to inject blood into his cord and directly into his tummy. depending on how bad he has it will decide how many times this happens. its risky and has its own complications but may be the only way to save his life.

we are praying and hoping for the best. i dont want to lose my lil guy or have him in any pain :cry:

Oh melissa I bet you are so worried l, I have never heard of that before.
When do you get the results back xxx

thanks im trying not to worry, but its very hard. i got a call from our dr reminding us of nathons check up on monday and i asked if the results were back yet. they said they would check and call back. the nurse called back and said the test is rare so it had to be sent by the lab to another lab. the results wont come back for a few days. i was hoping i would have an answer today but i guess it will be next week.

i hadnt heard of fifth disease either. i guess its common that children have it, but since it doesnt really effect them much its not a big concern. its only pregnant women and people who are already ill with cancer, AIDS, things like that where it can have bad consequences.

im disappointed i have to wait til next week. im gonna think about this all weekend. :wacko:

on a good note, we chose our lil guys name.... it is mason thomas. :cloud9:

claire- since you know the RA can effect pregnancy and make you mc, can they give you something so there is a fighting chance with another baby? certainly they have treated RA pregnancies before?

I love your name you have picked its lovely xx
As for your question I haven't a clue xx

Well what more can I say :winkwink:

Attachments

• 8f6776d2.jpg
    8f6776d2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 2
omg!!!!!!! claire!!!! that is the strongest positive you have gotten in the whole year!!!! this is got to be your sticky bean have you started the meds i hope they come soon! :happydance:

melissa im sorry i hope all goes ok, im sure it will :hugs: your mason will be just fine :hugs:

Thanks Katie, I've phoned them this morning and they have ordered them for me so I have got to collect them Tuesday. They was going to deliver them to my house but I've got an oppointment at the hospital for my ra so I won't be in for the delivery

oh right well the sooner you have the tabs the better.. keep relaxed feet up claire for the day if you can just make today as stress free as possible have the tabs 2mor should be fine, i have a really good feeling about this claire omg we would be due only a month apart!! :D

Katie I can't believe it a month apart, I'm trying my hardest not to get excited

thanks for the well wishes ladies! nathon had his check up today so they called the lab while i was there and i found out i had the virus before so i am immune!!!! i am so very thankful :flower:

now i dont have to worry about mason or any future pregnancies for that matter. :D

claire- i am sooooooo very excited for you!!!!! so happy you are getting your progesterone and going in to get checked out for the RA too!!!! i have a good feeling hun, will be praying for you :hugs:

how are you feeling katie? ms gone yet?

Melissa that's fantastic news everything is ok, I bet you have been that stressed over the weekend xxx

thanks claire, it wasnt too bad of a weekend. it did cross my mind a few times but we prayed a lot. God is good!

Hey girlies

wellllll claire bear hun u ARE officially the MOST fertile woman in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i could just fly over to you and give you a mega hug right now. you hav no idea how much myself and all the other ladies on the threds want this to be YOUR month and YOUR super duper sticky. i know you dont want to get your hopes up and thats understandable 100% but im praying so hard for you. we all are. i hav tears in my eyes im so happy to see those lines on that test. and im hoping so much that the treatment/tablets or cream which ever it is works for you this month and you, keith and rian are welcoming a beautiful, long awaited and mega loved healthy little baby into your home in 8/9months time. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
keep us updated my love...

melissa i am super glad that you are ok and little mason will be too. i bet it was a long few days all the waiting and wondering.xxxxxxx :hugs:

katie how r u keeping hun? and little bump? xxxxxxxx :hugs:

thanks hun. im glad its over too.

no one but my sis in my family really likes our name we picked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->