• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Lovely Ladies TTC

I am hopeful of a positive but have had friends that had negative hpt at home and only got positive through doctor. I strongly believe I'm pregnant I'm currently waiting on OH to bring tests home will keep you posted!!!

So frustrated and annoyed!!! I called Monday to see if my GP's office does blood tests for pregnancy and BETA hCG levels. Two different people told me yes. So I went in yesterday and gave a sample to test. They called me today and said that the test came back positive. (Yay! Nice to atleast confirm the HPT.) I asked what the hCG level was recorded at. She said she was having a hard time finding it on the paper and put me on hold to ask someone. Then she came back and said that she was mistaken and they don't test hCG levels, they only dectect if the hormone is present and that I need to go to my OB to see how far along I am. I would not have bothered going to them if they did not do the correct test I needed.

Ugh, seems like somebody is quite incompetent there. I wonder if the person who talked to didn't know how to interpret the lab results and then just gave you a random answer. I am assuming you spoke to the receptionist and not the GP himself, right?

It doesn't make sense to me that they would do a qualitative (yes/no) blood test, since they can easily test that through urine. I wonder if she messed those two up, and if you should call again and ask to speak to somebody else/the GP himself?
From what I know here (in Canada) GPs will always do quantitative (levels) blood hCG tests to confirm pregnancy. But maybe they do it differently in the US. Still would not make sense to me....
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

AuCa & Sini - must be frustrating no AF and BFNs. How many dpo are you? Also AuCa, where in Canada are you - I am in Canada too :)

Babymum - fx for you!

AuCa & Sini - must be frustrating no AF and BFNs. How many dpo are you? Also AuCa, where in Canada are you - I am in Canada too :)
!

Yeah, I am super frustrated since days. I am 12dpo today (but CD39 :growlmad:). For me personally I just find it frustrating that my last cycle and this one have taken close to 6 weeks total. If they hadn't been so long I would probably be much less frustrated, even with the BFNs and no AF.

We live in Alberta, but my DH is from Ontario (he moved here a few years ago and we met here) :winkwink: We'll actually be in Toronto/Ottawa in a few weeks. I really like these two cities!

Just some updates. Sore nipples and slight cramping on and off. Cervix feels slightly open so I suspect AF is coming.

!

Yeah, I am super frustrated since days. I am 12dpo today (but CD39 :growlmad:). For me personally I just find it frustrating that my last cycle and this one have taken close to 6 weeks total. If they hadn't been so long I would probably be much less frustrated, even with the BFNs and no AF.

We live in Alberta, but my DH is from Ontario (he moved here a few years ago and we met here) :winkwink: We'll actually be in Toronto/Ottawa in a few weeks. I really like these two cities!

Ohhh I feel your pain on long cycles! My cycle that just ended was 38 days and sometimes it is as high as 50 days - super frustrating!! 12 dpo so it could still be your cycle :)o

I am in Ottawa right now and lived in Toronto previously! Hope you and your hubby have a great visit!!

I beat you guys on long cycles :) last one before clomid was 65 days and have had as long as 130 days before. It is really crap eh! AuCa, do you know how long your luteal phase is? Really hope this cycle ends soon for you so you can get on with the next one... But you can still get a late bfp you're not out yet hun xx

Starlight have you had any hot flushes yet?? No symptoms for me yet but I'm sure they'll turn up soon...

I beat you guys on long cycles :) last one before clomid was 65 days and have had as long as 130 days before. It is really crap eh! AuCa, do you know how long your luteal phase is? Really hope this cycle ends soon for you so you can get on with the next one... But you can still get a late bfp you're not out yet hun xx

:shock::shock: Wow, I really should not complain. :hugs::hugs: How do you keep your sanity in a 100 or more day-cycle??

I don't exactly know how long my luteal phase is, but it should be around 14 days. Until last cycle I never really tracked anything (except for when my period came), I just went with my "instincts/knowledge of my body". I just knew when I would ovulate since I got EWCM and got ovulation pain, and whenever my AF was due I "just knew" as well (I guess my inner clock just started kicking in). But now since I got so focused on TTC I am sort of emotionally "overriding" my instincts it seems, lol :dohh:.

My last cycle was 39 days and I ovulated on a similar day of the cycle, so I figure AF should be due tomorrow or Friday (which would fit the approx 14 day luteal phase). But only BFNs so far. Will keep waiting/testing....

I am definitely going to temp and track my cycles more diligently now, so that I can actually figure out how long my luteal phase really is.

I beat you guys on long cycles :) last one before clomid was 65 days and have had as long as 130 days before.

What I was going to say as well (not that it really helps in your situation :hugs:, just because I suddenly remembered) - I used to have completely crazy and irregular cycles when I was "younger" (I believe until my mid 20s). I remember having several 3 months cycles as well, and then one in between that was only 20 days or so. Insane. And all of the sudden they got more regular (around 5 weeks) and have stayed that way since (except for when I am stressed). I've always wondered how that could change so much. I've heard from many women that their cycles got more regular after they had a pregnancy, but I never did. Maybe there is an age factor to it, hmmmm.

Starlight have you had any hot flushes yet?? No symptoms for me yet but I'm sure they'll turn up soon...

Wow those are long cycles!! How long have your cycles been recently?
so far so good and no hot flashes or other symptoms yet. Trying to take the Clomid at night hoping that will help!!

I tested this morning on a digital test (only ones I have left) and at 12 DPO it showed the word "Pregnant"!!!!

I got my :bpf:

Baby dust to those still waiting to test!!!

:hugs: To those that got a visit from the witch!

Yay!! Congrats!!! How are you feeling??

I'm feeling pretty good I suppose. Exhausted, crampy but that's about it how are you feeling??? This was the first day I tested. :) we can be bump buddies!!

Good! I only get nauseous at night before bed and only have sore bbs in the morning. I have some twinges in my uterus and some digestive pains. I have a feeling that it will get worse, but if it doesn't then I will be fine with how mild it is right now. Haha!

I have some digestive pains too and a tiny bit of heartburn at some times. Heightened scense of smell i noticed at work tomorrow. I had a really nasty smell catch me at work yesterday that caused a close call to the restroom!

Awww congrats Julie :) Is today the first day you tested or did you test before?? xx

Sorry can I join this group?? I have been testing from 8dpo (13th) and don't know if all mine are evaps...but they haven't become darker over the days...and have seemed to be fading...will keep testing until AF is due (or if she arrives). I am 11-12dpo today...FX though :)

Good luck everyone!!

Welcome lovey :flower: glad to have you join! Fingers crossed for your BFP this month!

So my AF is due tomorrow and I am currently experiencing tender and sore breasts, the sensation of having to urinate more, what was diarrhoea has now became constipation and a strong back ache in my lower back. Last night I developed nausea as I was going to sleep and vomitted only a small amount but never the less.
I'm so eager to start this phase in my life and I am praying for a positive result.
Do you think I stand a chance?

Absolutely you stand a chance hun, and you deserve it!! I'm saying a prayer for you now for your BFP. :hugs:

I've always had long cycles too. When I was younger they were very erratic and I never bothered keeping track, I'd get one every month for a bit, and then not one for several months.
Now that I'm older they've been really bad, like, max 3 a year bad.
This year due to Fertilaid and Vitex I've had a couple more cycles, but the last two have been really long and am currently on CD85.

Waiting for AF :coffee:

Just to update BFN on latest test. I'm still inclined not to believe this. Period due today so I'm praying that it doesn't come and I will test again on Saturday. Still hopeful and believing as I still feel no symptoms of AF coming. Who knows?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"