LTTTC # 1 w/o Assisted teammates needed!!!!

Yay for LTTTC :bfp: s!! :)

I'm going to take a trip to the GNC tomorrow and see what I can find.. not sure if I can take anything during the 2ww, though. Probably not but it'd be good to have. I'm gonna go ahead and order a BBT for next cycle too.. Hey maybe I'll get lucky and waste a crapload of money for nothing. :haha:

Titi - definitely appreciate what you are saying about scheduling your talks with your DH. My brother and his girlfriend really need to work something like that out - she is a hot tempered italian and he shuts down at the slightest hint of frustration.

Did anyone see a national geographic channel documentary called Sizing Up Sperm? It also aired on ch. 4 in the UK as The Great Sperm Race. A really fantastic, in depth explanation of what spermies go through in the attempt to fertilize our eggs. Well one of the researchers interviewed for the documentary emphasized the quality of the sex and what a difference that makes. That really made me re-evaluate my approach to scheduling as much BDing as possible during the fertility window. Like you Titi - I added some toys into the mix and nice out fits, but for women, you really have to get psyched up mentally. And that is hard when you've been married for a while! I find it difficult to initiate and get really psyched up - it is easier when DH initiates to get worked up. But he doesn't want to know exactly when I'm ov'ing because it puts him under pressure, so how is he going to know when it is best to initiate? Quite the quandry ; P

Howdy Whitbit! I enjoy charting so I hope you have the same experience with your bbt. Just be sure to stop taking the EPO when you ov - I guess it can cause cramping in the 2ww. I take less than the recommended dosage and it still does the trick for me.

Thanks Jaimie! I will definitely remember that. Hopefully I can find something to help spruce things up a bit too.. Ah well, I better not try too many things at once. I'm going to go with what I find and not get too crazy! Can't wait to add temps to my chart though. :)

Oh, and I cant figure out how to make this link for my chart work. It takes me to sign in when I try it out. Wondering how to view it without signing in..

Hi girls-super tired tonight-long day. Will check in tomorrow! :hugs:

I did watch that sizing up sperm thing. Hubby watched part of it till he fell asleep it was really neat! Well im pretty sure Im out this cycle. Wanted to bd today and tomorrow to seal the deal but dh is just getting weirded out if i try and put the moves on him. Its pissing me off so not surw if Im going to push it anymore. Hope you ladies have better luck! :dust:

Hey Whitbit, if you're wanting to link your chart you need to set up the link once you've logged into fertility friend. Sorry your DH is being difficult about ttc - not very fair on you at all! Somebody somewhere needs to work out how to destroy the male selfishness gene! For the past year my partner's been very good, but I remember days when I felt like I was having to force him to have sex with me - what a passion killer! Sex is working for me now, this past cycle, because I'm putting some thought into it beforehand and getting myself ready - foreplay does my head in, although this could be part of being parents and having to fit it in at night before I crash out!
My TCM practitioner told me that the quality of sex can make a big difference as well. I'm thinking of starting to do it every 3 days from the end of my period, moving to every other day once I have ewcm, maybe 2 daysin a row at the end. Woudl your OH be less difficult if you were doing it that way do you think?

Abi x

Think AF is about ready to pop up. I don't feel well today at all....typical period stuff.

Whit-I think what you are going through with DH is probably normal for ltttc. Even tho my dh has also been super for the most part during all this time-he has had 'off' cycles too-and even tho he swore up & down nothing was wrong besides him being tired I either could not get him to BD or had to force him and would just give up.

I hope this resolves itself for you soon hun! I know how frusterating it is.

Wow....thanks for this thread Titi. I can't believe there are so many women who have felt the same was as I have in the other ttc threads! Gosh, I'm so much at home already!

Been ttc for 17 months....failed clomid 2 cycles ago. I will try again after this cycle (my 2nd attempt).

Can't really write much because today has been a shite day for me (excuse my French). Been so down in the dumps since AF last Friday. Thank God for a wonderful and supportive DH.

Don't worry, I'm not usually a wet blanket :). Hopefully I can have something more tangible to contribute tomorrow.

:hug: to all and :dust:

Hi Isi-
Glad you found us. Don't worry about being a 'wet blanket' :hugs: That's the nice thing about this thread-each and every one of us has felt that way before-and PLENTY of times too. That's what we're here for. I myself am due for AF today or tomorrow. Forget the 2ww as being hailed bad. The 2DAY wait is just pits.

Isi- Don't worry about it! I have been whining a lot lately. I think I just need to quit putting so much effort into it though and let it go. Titi is right, that's what we are here for!

Abs- I am definitely going to try something like that next cycle. We're going to start having sex later (unless we want to of course) because I don't want him to get tired of it! I have talked to him and expressed how I feel, and since he had a night to sleep on it he seems to be doing better. He's coming home for lunch soon so we will see how it goes. ;)

Titi- You're definitely right about that, it must be normal. I wish he'd want to have sex for the fun of it though! I ordered some Maca so I'm hoping that will help. I told him last night I wanted to do it for fun. -About your AF- Don't be too upset! I read an announcement yesterday a girl who finally got her bfp after 17 cycles. She said everything about it seemed like AF was coming! Don't want you to get your hopes up--we all know what that's like. Just saying don't give up yet hun. :)

Thanks for being so supportive ladies. It helps HUGE! After talking to you all I am able to get my PMA back day after day.

Hey girls - welcome Isi - dont' really have anything to say, other than hello. Feel knackered and for the first time ever today actually thought, what if I just can't get pregnant again? Scared me, because although I've been incredibly frustrated and upset before now I've never let myself think that could be the case. The moment passed, but ugh, shudder!
Abi x

Aww hun! :hugs: You could be like me though and asking "Can I get pregnant at all?" Oh well I am going to assume yes until the doctors find something wrong with me that cant be fixed (not likely-I am unexplained so far!) or I croak. :)

"unexplained infertility" means western medicine can't explain it but Traditional CHinese medicine probably can - could be something as simple. Why not consider trying TCM? Check out my thread first if you think you might be interested - the really useful tcm thread.

Oh I know, I never lose sight of how lucky I am to be ttc my 2nd. :hugs:
Abi x

Hey WhitBit - that is a nice pic you've got there! For your chart link, log onto your account in FF and click sharing, then home page set up. The address at the top is what you want to use in your siggy. Right now it is just a generic address that doesn't let me stalk your temps ; P

Isi - definitely don't worry on expressing your feelings here, even if they aren't positive all the time. That is what we are here for, especially in the long haul!

Titi - how are you doing?

Abs I will defo check that out, i did read a bit of that thread. I live in a really small town though so I have no clue where the nearest acupuncturists are. It does interest me and I will look into it!

Jaimie- thanks so much! And I have only just started using ff so thanks, soon as I get home I will try that. I havent got my bbt yet its on its way! I did chart everything else though. :D

Hi Whit-I like the new pic too!

Abi & Isi- Man I am having a crappy day too! I have had an AF headache & cramps since yesterday (as stated earlier) & can barely come on the computer it hurts my eyes.
If I'd just started bleeding this morning it would have been fine. But Whit-I've heard that too about AF/PG symptoms and its killing me. I truly know that these are af pains and af will be here any second and thinking of how depressing that is and how scared I am too see blood there today when I just wish it really was pg cramps instead has slowly been driving me insane all day.

The stress of it and AF hormones has made me nutty........so don't feel bad Whit, Isi AND Abi- you aren't alone. DH asked me a work related question today that I didn't know the answer to i got snappy with him first and then when he snaped back I burst into tears. Then I couldn't stop crying. For like 15 minutes!!!!! He was mad at first but thankfully he realized what was happening and just gave me a big hug. I'm truly a mess today. This is the part I hate about TTC...the last day or two and AF. Once I'm at cd2 I am usually okay again. So thanks for listening to me too today!!!!

Jaimie-I am starting to suspect you may be the sanest of us so far! : ) Glad you are here for support you always cheer me up and gosh so does Bullet that little cutie!!!!

PS-Could I possibly stick my finger up there to check anymore times today???????????? Since when is that part of my daily routine??????

I swear Ttc is doing something to my body! Im getting really bad nausea today. I noticed it a couple of times last cycle in the dpo. I have NEVER noticed it before! I mean cmon youd notice that right?! Its driving me mad too!
Sometimes a good cry will do ya good, I have done it three times in the past two weeks.. Highly unusual. I need to take a load off! I am thinking I will go out for drinks if AF shows her face this time. :rofl: about you looking aroumd up there, that was me last night after I got my first tiny spot of ewcm. Never found anymore. Curiouser and curiouser! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->