Luck of the BFP! Welcome back groupies and wevwelcome new friends!

doimg good over here. had some good bd today....and did doggie!!!! my fav!!!

Yeah, your day sounds more enjoyable than mine! Woot-woot for Thursday BD!

Nice Nikki! Doggie is one of the best. Nothing eventful on my end. Not even anything to symptom spot. Nothing out of the ordinary anyways....ugh it seems like the first two weeks fly by then bam you drag ass through the tww...I really hope this is finally my month. If not, I'm going to the dr because I have been trying everything!! And if it doesn't work this time after doin doggie, using a soft cup and sleeping with my butt on a pillow the night before ovulation, I am definitely broken.

Rachel- It's got to be your month. I have hope for you!!!! You lasted longer then I did without going to the doc. I am also on cycle 7 and I started at the doc last cycle. I hope you don't have to go there!

How are all the TWW feeling?? Sorry I am instigating SS.

Oh man... we find out today if DH got the job (hopefully we find out) he interviewed for last week. He has another interview today, but I am a nervous wreck. I don't even know what to do with myself. :(

keep your head up Emily! Ill cross my fingers for you.

I understand because DH and I both might lose our jobs because we work for the government and congress sucks (sry not looking for a political discussion).

keep your head up Emily! Ill cross my fingers for you.

I understand because DH and I both might lose our jobs because we work for the government and congress sucks (sry not looking for a political discussion).

It's so hard right now... in Cali (mostly LA county though) we are having teacher layoffs again and I have friends that are teachers and they are very scared. I almost lost my job along with DH at the same time cuz we work together. I was lucky enough to have another dept pick me up that was not in danger of layoffs. That was a really scary time when we thought we were both going to be unemployed, especially since we had literally JUST bought a house.

I am keeping my hopes up for you that you guys will be spared the layoffs. Have you been job searching for other positions in the mean time at all?

Ya I am constantly looking and applying. Obama just signed a sequestration cutting 5.2% across the board for all gov't departments. Luckily we have lots of equipment and travel that hopefully will get cut before staff. Unfortunately, both my DH and I are "contractors" (DH for 7 years and me for 5 years) so we would be easier to let go then a fed employee. However, I believe they are going to try to cut other objects before us. As of right now I think we are "ok". I'll be honest this place would be lost without DH and myself.

Emily crossing my fingers for DH!

Question for you ladies- Be honest... My DH thinks I'm crazy! If we have to do IVF and I am already under to so they can get some eggs out. If they retrieve enough eggs, what is your opinion about donating some of my eggs (doc said my eggs are healthy)? First off it will help those women out there that have issues with conceiving because of their own egg issues. And second, it might help a little with the cost of our IVF. I think our IVF would cost $15000 and I think you can get about $5000 to donate an egg. Am I crazy?!

Nikki-I really think it depends on how you feel about it. I don't think I could donate mine only because I wouldn't be ok with some little kid running around that looked like me and I would never meet, but that's just me. If you think you would be ok with that, then why not? You get money AND you get to help someone else out...nothing wrong with that. I mean, I can speak from the donor recipient side of things (sperm in my case, not egg lol) and I can say that we are VERY grateful that we have options out there. We are very lucky to have a good friend donating to us, but even if we didn't have him, we would have other donors or the sperm bank. You could end up really helping to make someone's dreams come true, cheesy as it may seem.
Would you want to be involved in their life at all? Is that even an option? I know with sperm banks you can choose donors who either aren't involved at all or you can choose someone who is willing to exchange info when the child is 18....
In the end, it's really about how you feel about it and whether or not you would be ok with it.

Nikki - I don't think you are crazy at all! I would totally consider the same thing in your position.

As far as wanting to be part of a kid's life if I donated an egg... I would say no. If I donate my egg I am doing it as a gift (although being paid for it, yes) to another couple. I would want them to view that child as their own biological child. I certainly would not be against becoming part of the kid's life later on upon their request, but I would not want to make the woman carrying the baby feel like a less of mother because it wasn't her egg.

I agree Emily. If I ever decided to donate my eggs, I would want the couple to feel like it was completely theirs. I read many articles about children feeling like there was a piece of them missing because they didn't know biologically where they come from. For that reason alone, I would want them to at least be able to contact me later in life to answer any questions they might have. That's also a big reason why we decided to use a known donor. Either way you'd be doing a wonderful thing!

Hi ladies! Hope you are all doing well. 13dpo here, FF has AF due today- she's not here. No cramping or anything, but I know she'll come. I say tomorrow at some point. I think you ladies who would donate your eggs are wonderful! I don't think i'd be able to do it honestly, but admire all who do!

Hey all, been doing lots of reading today cuz its such a pain to respond on DHs phone. I actually think today is O day for me! Little bit of cramping and very hungry for everything in sight so BD will definitley be in our plans later!

Nikki- the only advice i could offer on donating an egg would be go for it but dont get involved beyond that. In my experiance with watching my son be raised by other people and call someone else mom has been one of the most one of the hardest experiances of my life and even after 10 years it hasnt gotten mich better, there are still many days that i want to call it quits and give up because its so hard also the emdless struggles me and the adoptive mom continue to face year after year. I feel good every day knowing in my heart that i was able to give a gift of a baby to someone who couldnt have one on thier own but boy sometimes that feeling doesnt out weigh the frustration and resentment i feel when things arent going well.

I'm having hella cramps today. Like AF type cramps....oh my. I feel like my innards are being attacked lol. Hoping its a good thing!

Rachel your chart is looking fab! Fx'd it carries on that way!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->