Luck of the BFP! Welcome back groupies and wevwelcome new friends!

Alyssa-So, you are saying the last night you BD'd was Sunday? Is the line on the right the test line? Sperm can live up to 5 days, so it doesn't mean you're out...

Yep. The last night we BD was Sunday and we won't be able to again until tomorrow night. The line on the left, the very solid line is the test line. The light line is the control line. I feel that in order for me to have a chance I would have to O today. If I O tomorrow or the next, Sunday's sperm would be to late and tomorrow's sperm too new (or not there waiting when egg drops). I know they say the few days before O is the best but just totally not believing it.

Alyssa - If you did it Sunday and you got a positive OPK today, I think you are OK. PLUS if you got a positive today, you may not O until tomorrow, so BDing tomorrow will be fine! I am not convinced you're out.

IF you O'd the first time you thought you did, what DPO would that make you again???

Oh how confusing Alyssa! I kind of had that issue this month. My body was confusing me. I was too sore to bd when apparently i actually o-ed. At this point you just relax. Nothing you can do about it. And sperm lives in the body for 5days, i believe. So you might be covered. At this point there is nothing you can do but relax and pray. Stressing will just hurt things. GL!!

Thanks Julie and Emily. If I had O'd when I first thought I might have I would be 8dpo today.

Oh how confusing Alyssa! I kind of had that issue this month. My body was confusing me. I was too sore to bd when apparently i actually o-ed. At this point you just relax. Nothing you can do about it. And sperm lives in the body for 5days, i believe. So you might be covered. At this point there is nothing you can do but relax and pray. Stressing will just hurt things. GL!!

Thank you. You're right about relaxing. I'm just so mad at myself. I feel like we got so close and then I just blew it.

Thanks Julie and Emily. If I had O'd when I first thought I might have I would be 8dpo today.

Not to encourage ss'ing or providing false hope, but I got ewcm and a pos OPK when I got my BFP... just saying...

Thank you. You're right about relaxing. I'm just so mad at myself. I feel like we got so close and then I just blew it.

And don't be mad at yourself! You did it right based on your initial OPK! It was positive, we all saw it! You had no idea things would get wacky later on! :wacko: :hugs:

Not to encourage ss'ing or providing false hope, but I got ewcm and a pos OPK when I got my BFP... just saying...

Haha I thought I recalled that you did but then I also remembered you were like 15-17 dpo! Thanks though.

Hahaha! Yeah, so?!?! Like I said, just spit balling here. The EWCM WAS a constant though. Still getting it!

Well I'm home and I got a nice ugly pic of my uterus. First off, my tubes are wide open. He still can't tell if its a septum vs arcuate. It takes up 1/3 of my uterus. He said its borderline whether or not to do the surgery. It's a short recovery and one month break from TTC.
DH goes next Tuesday for his SA....hopefully he's not going to feel too awkward.

So that's pretty good results, right? Tubes wide open = great, and if it's borderline for surgery that must not be too serious, yeah?

Don't worry about DH feeling too awkward. When they have to have legs in stirrups and a speculum inserted, and then have cold hands inside them and then having their stomach be poked and prodded, then I will feel bad for them. They get to go in in private, have an orgasm and hand the sample over. I wish all my exams went that way!

haha you are right Emily...and those stirrups today were no joke! They were the ones that go behind the knee...I was quite exposed. Yeah tubes open is awesome, the thing is that the septum/arcuate takes up 1/3 of my uterus, so yes I can get pregnant, BUT the problem is the recurrent losses, fetal growth restriction...blah blah blah. And it's not just a first trimester risk, it is a risk for the whole pregnancy. So by the time I finally do get pregnant, I have a much higher chance of miscarriage than someone with a normal shaped uterus. So I have to decide what I want...take one month off and do the surgery, or take my chance getting pregnant and miscarrying at any point during the pregnancy.

What are the risks involve in having the surgery? How does it work? (Yes, it is time for 20 questions)

damn, girls, this thread moves quickly!
bubs, good luck at your scan today!
over, even if this is the actual ovulation, day -2 is great! they say that day-2 and day-1 are the best days. you did clomid this month? not monitored? (that is what i want to do next month). have you thought to maybe take an hpt also?

The risks are slim since the tissue is pretty avascular. They go in thru the cervix and cut it off. He says it looks a lot like cotton candy inside. Rest for a day or two, then can try after the next period

for julie :)

Attachments

• healthy.png
    healthy.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 1
Rachel I'm super glad your HSG results were good! Are you leaning one way or the other right now in regards to the surgery?

Mirolee, when you say -2 and -1 are you meaning two days/one days before ovulation? If so, this would mean I would have to ovulate tonight in order for the Sunday spermies to be good and basically Thursday for tomorrow nights to be good? Sorry for the dumb questions/confusion I think my brain is overloaded with emotional diarrhea and anxiety producing demons.

I considered taking a HPT for about 2 seconds but then figured there was no way it would show up at 8dpo if I had actually ovulated, as well as that my temps have been low past two days so just figuring I hadn't O'd.

PS. i have a hard time eating healthy because i dont eat fruit (texture issues) so i've had to learn sneaky ways to get it in - lately, i've been making smoothies (yougurt and frozen fruit) and it's working. so yeah, every day is a thoughtful choice. i try to visualize *how* my body processes the food, and that helps (like when i eat fruit/salad, i think of it cleaning insdie my intestines, but when i eat pizza, i think of it closing/clogging my arteries). maybe not the best visualization, but it works for me to remind me that food=fuel, and i want the high grade stuff!
PPS> i am NOT trying to be preachy, at all, i'm just saying what works for me.

hi over: yes, i am saying -2 and -1 days before ovulation. there's a chart somewhere (i will try to find it) about the "best" days of your 5 fertile days, and it's like: -1, -2, 0, -3, -4 (i think). basically, it just means that even if you do every other day, you'll likely catch either -2 or -1, and you'll have your bases covered. so if you did it sunday, tuesday, and thursday you'll still have some swimmers in there for any days you might ovulate between today and friday/saturday. you're still in the race!

Thanks Mirolee. I really appreciate everyone's support and encouragement but I'm really not feeling hopeful. I think I'm also just really bothered that I thought I was nearly done with the stupid tww and here I haven't even entered it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->