Luck of the BFP! Welcome back groupies and wevwelcome new friends!

Alyssa-You do not have old eggs! lol I really don't think it makes them any less viable when they release later in the cycle. When you get your positive opk, you ovulate between 18-36 hours later. After the egg releases, you still have about 24 hours to fertilize it. Sperm has been known to get up there in like 20-30 minutes. So, you are definitely still in!!!! Don't give up hope!

AFM-Tested this morning, 9 dpo, bfn. Not surprised though. I still don't think this is my month, so I really wasn't surprised. May wait for AF before testing again...

Thanks Julie! Still early for your bfp! For some reason I'm feeling pretty good about your month!

Having your guys' support has been helpful in not totally giving up hope. And I sure hope DH's spermies are super fast and can get up there in that amount of time. I wish every woman's body was the same and ovulation/fertilization was black and white with a specifci timing/rule for it all.

And well put about Nikki standing up in order to create change!

Nikki - Let us know ASAP what happens today. I would be a nervous wreck, but if everything you are saying is true, it should go in your favor. I can't see how anyone could misinterpret her behavior as anything but inappropriate at least!

Thanks ladies.... I haven't had the meeting yet. They said wed "afternoon" (its 11:15am here). But I also have to say I haven't heard ANYTHING about time or anything about what is going on. Sort of thinking we aren't having it...which I am ok changing it to a different day. It is my DH's bday and I don't want to be in a bad mood for it.

Cassidy- Happy DH bday!!

Mirolee- been to the doc yet?

230p (it's 130 right now, EST).

OK girlies, sooooorrrry for the delay! Had a hectic evening with DH and DS and DDs (dogs, lol!) My brother proposed to his g/f tonight so everyone is all hustle and bustle over here. BUT here is what you have been waiting for!

Blob or blobette: Strong little heartbeat and measuring right on for dates! Wish I knew what we were all looking at! Haha!

Oh how exciting! How far along do you get your first sonogram?

I hope that eggs on CD21 or later are just as good. Just took the OPK and it was more positive than this mornings test. Ugh. Now I just have to hold out hope that I won't ovulate until after we BD tonight which will be around 5 or 6pm when DH gets home. Then hopefully the players will have some time to get lined up and settled before the eggy comes out to play.

What is said about eggs released later then cd 21??

Mirolee...waiting to hear from u....????
Nikki...Happy dh Bday...and hope this day turns out wonderful for u too :)
Cassidy...Happy dh bday to u as well...have fun...
Emily...im thinking girl for u...but im horrible at this...heheheh...but its fun to guess nonetheless...

boss came in and said he was going to find out what time the meeting will be....ahhh biting my nails! he things around 1pm (mountain time, Colorado).

boobs/nips are soooo irritated right now!!! UGH. I guess you can say "hurt" but more irritated i think. I have lots of desk work today and my desk edge hits me right at the boobs and it is killing me. And I feel sick :( throat is hurting.... I don't want to mess up DH's birthday evening, so I am not telling him.

Nichole (I don't think I officially welcomed you (sorry) WELCOME!), don't quote me but I feel like I'd heard eggs can get like "over mature" and therefore, not be that great? Maybe I dreamt this? But after doing some reading today, many many women said that egg quality is just as good whether or not you O on CD 14 or CD19+ and that the bigger concern about O'ing late is whether or not you still have a good luteal phase length (12-14 days). Make any sense?

Overall I'm just really not banking on anything this month. I think I'm more upset about the thought that we had a good chance had I ovulated when I initially thought and that I still haven't even started the damn tww! The next two weeks are going to ddddrrraaaggg on. At least then I'll have time to contact FS and get some estimates on how much a monitored cycle may really cost us. And, I'm pissed at Clomid. It was going so well for me - Oing on CD 16 and 14 = amazeballs and now CD 23 or 24. F.

Sorry, hoping that will be my last rant/rave for the day.

Name Review: (please forgive my mistakes/forgetfullnes/mis-spellings. corrections welcomed and appreciated)

tryingandhope = Kyla
ttc = Rachel
bubs = Emily
golds = Nikki
clynn = Cassidy
jury = Julie
pdx = Sonia
NDTaber = Nichole
HWPG = Mirolee
Lausie = Laura

Who have I forgotten? There's more of us isn't there?

Mirolee- LMAO.... about that comment if it's made it's way up here yet! Yes of course and i've heard the song before and I agree it's a good one!! Haha thanks for the laugh I needed it!!

Emily- Thanks for posting your pic!! Any intuition to the sex of the baby? my gut instinct with both my kids was right.

Nikki- Waiting Waiting Waiting to hear from you about your meeting! GL!!

Alissa- yeah but if you haven't O'd yet then you dont' have to be upset about not getting to BD the other night when you thought you should have... or your POS OPK's are something else entirely....... *wink wink* i'd think about an HPT soon....

Emily- Thanks for posting your pic!! Any intuition to the sex of the baby? my gut instinct with both my kids was right.

No, no intuition whatsoever. Like I said, I was POSITIVE my son was a girl. Whoops! Anyone here have any guesses???? :shrug: We can take a poll and on May 28th we'll see who the winner is! We can do the same with Laura's and Disney's, too!

I'm just gonna say girl cuz I keep thinking boy. LOL!

For Laura I say girl.

For Disney I say boy.

Kyla, I really wish they were due to something else but I don't think theres a chance of that. Not with my temps being where they are...they have never lied to me before. Maybe if I get like 5 days of straight positives then I'll do a HPT but not holding my breath.

And you see I can't win...Even if I haven't ovulated yet I feel like there's not a good chance because the 'best' time to conceive is before Oing. So doing it tonight (assuming I'll O or have in the last few hours) hasn't helped me feel much better about it. I just need to stop bitching and get on with it!

I was just thinking, because I was taking Clomid while on vacation, I wasn't very good at taking it at the exact same time every day. I was maybe an hour or so off a few days. Maybe that has something to do with the "fake out" and the late ovulation?

Emily= boy (just to be different)
Laura= girl
Disney= boy

My boss is currently talking with her boss. When my boss walked by he said "hold on, we might not all be talking today!" So I don't know what is going on. He should be back soon to tell me whats up. My guess is the problem child backed out and said she had testing to do.

UGH... i feel like I have a temperature!

Nikki- Happy happy birthday to your DH!!! Let's hope we can give them a couple of late birthday presents!!! No SS from me yet today... nothing really to repot! A couple random twinges here and there but that's it. GL at your meeting, they better do something about this BS!

Emily- I'm saying a boy. Idk why, just feel like it's gonna be another little man for you!! Not to say you won't get a little girl eventually ;)

Julie- Hun you're not out- 8dpo is still sooo early!! I have a good feeling about you this month!!

Alissa- just BD as much as possible. That's all you can do :hugs: but you still definitely have a good chance hun!!!

Mirolee- GL today let us know how it goes!! :hugs:

I say girl for laurie and disney.

We'll see!! My intuition was right with my baby sister :)

My boss is currently talking with her boss. When my boss walked by he said "hold on, we might not all be talking today!" So I don't know what is going on. He should be back soon to tell me whats up. My guess is the problem child backed out and said she had testing to do.

UGH... i feel like I have a temperature!

Sounds like someone is acting like a little kid who is NOT getting her way. How frustrating! :brat:

Oh no! do what I do when I have a cold and load up on advil/tylenol and trick myself into feeling better. When it wears off I am reminded I'm sick, but it makes life tolerable for a moment...

I just took 3 Advil.... when I take Advil I become addicted. They taste like skittles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->