Magpies Testers.... (PMA PMA PMA for those 2011 BFP's!)

How lovely, who do you give the hampers too? We've never done anything like that in our family.

If I can manage to figure out how to scan them onto the computer then I will see what I can do :)

I think I need to make myself some lunch as I'm starting to feel sick :(

We give the hampers to everyone that we would normally buy a gift for, this year I think it is 9 or 10 hampers, they will all be slightly different depending on the quantities of things that I have made and each person/couple's tastes. It works out costing about the same (sometimes less, depending on what we make) and everyone seems to love them. My Dad started me off on it, he has always had a rule that he gives presents to his kids until they have kids of their own, then the children gets presents and the grown ups get a hamper! Last year we made all sorts of truffles and cakes and biscuits and cheese straws and biscotti and things, this year we are going for a more savoury approach. So far I have made chilli vodka, limoncello, apple & raisin chutney, spiced courgette chutney and mincemeat (though I will probably end up using most of this myself when I make mince pies!). I still have to make a chilli & red pepper chutney, a pear chutney, potted ham, oatcakes and then a few sweets and sweet biscuits. I have to be quite inventive though as between OH and I we have a diabetic, a Vegetarian, someone who can't eat gluten and someone who can't eat lactose and eggs to cater for!!

FX'd you work out how to scan them in!! Are you going to find out the gender at the later scan or stay team Yellow?

Enjoy lunch! I'm off home for cheese on toast!

xxx

That sounds a great idea, I like your Dad's reasoning behind the present situation.

We both want to stay team yellow as we're not too bothered what sex we have tbh, but at the same time I am dying to know, but I also feel it's that little more special if you don't know what you're having.

I would like to know it's a girl though, but only because of our name choice and the sentiment (if you can call it that) behind it because if it's a boy it won't be the same. We also haven't agreed on a name for a boy yet either.

How about you?

What names have you picked? Totally understand if you'd rather not say though :)

Well, I would like to be team yellow but I would be dying to know if it was a girl...don't get me wrong I'll be over the moon no matter what the gender is but as I already have a boy I would so love a girl next time. OH says he doesn't mind whether we find out or not so I guess we will wait and see how we feel at the time. We both really want a 4D scan, when the time comes, so I guess then it is trickier not to see what you are having!

xxx

I would love a 4D scan too, I don't think my OH is too bothered about those, but you only get one chance to see them inside you so I think it's well worth the money. Surely if they avoid showing you what's down there then you can still avoid finding out?

We were set on Isabelle, but I didn't like Belle for short, and preferred Bella, but wasn't as keen on Isabella as I was Isabelle if that makes sense?

Anyway, now we are set on Isabella for the following reason and it's really grown on me, plus she'd be known as Bella anyway. The baby was conceived when we were on holiday in Italy, and Isabella as opposed to Isabelle originates from Italy, so we both like the name and think it fits well considering that's where she was conceived. However, we can't find any nice Italian boys name, and haven't agreed on any boy name yet either so I really want it to be a girl.

And also due to my OH proposing to me on that holiday, and us also making this baby during it, I am REALLY hoping that everything is okay because we will never be able to make a baby so special to us in that way again so FX'd he/she will be fine.

xx

Yeah I figured that with 4D as well, that you could just specifically say that you don't want to see/know but then sods law, they put the scanner on and the first thing that comes up on the screen is a gratuitous bits shot or something!!!

Isabella is such a lovely name, so beautiful and feminine and how romantic and lovely about conceiving on the same holiday where your OH proposed :) That is amazing..like a fairytale!

Do you have a date for your 12wk scan yet?

xxx

Yeah, you're probably right! You'd have to close your eyes until they got the right spot, although you'd secretly want to accidentally find out anyway, and if you found out that way you'd be guilt free.

My 12 week scan is 16th December so I will be 12+6 then, so even if they put me back a week I still should see a minature baby in there.

Awww that will be a lovely Christmas present :) Are you going to tell people then?

xxx

Awww that will be a lovely Christmas present :) Are you going to tell people then?

xxx

I think we're going to tell them pretty much as soon as we can after the scan. Telling them on Christmas Day is a little too risky I think as I am not sure how my parents will take it so we don't want to ruin Christmas Day!

eeek sounds like it will be eventful!! If I had managed to time it right I always like the idea of printing Christmas cards with the scan pic on to send to everyone as an announcement! FX'd your parents take it ok, I'm sure whent hey see how happy you are it will be fine!

xxx

Wow you guys are Christmas organised - I have only just ordered my Christmas cards no idea when they will arrive and get written! Do feel more Christmassy though with all the snow on the ground but dreading having to get out and make my way to work tomorrow - if I can even get the car out of the street!

Carreg and Cla - really hope you caught the eggy this month, will be lovely to get some more BFPs on here.

Squeal - cant wait to see the scan photos and hear all about it

xxx

milosmum - how much snow have you got up there? I have family in Leeds who say they have quite a bit but here in Herts we only have the lightest dusting!

Thanks for the FX'd...would love a Christmas BFP!

xxxx

Hi ladies! I can't even think about snow, it was 50 degrees here yesterday and I was freezing!

Can't wait to see your little bean Squeal! Love the name, hard to believe you're so far along!

I had some good signs of OV yesterday, cramping and EWM. We DTD once yesterday and twice the day before. I like this NTNP outlook! Definitely puts me more in the mood.

I'm going to try to hold out and test next Friday. :dust: to all of us who are waiting for that :bfp:

Hi girls, I've not managed to get on here very much lately... but just wanted to let everyone know that... I got my :bfp: !!!! So shocked!!!!
Good luck and loads of :dust: to you all... I really hope you all get lucky really soon too x

Congrats Caroline :) That's awesome! Hope you have a great 9 months and will keep us all updated!

How's the snow in Cardiff?

xxx

Hi girls, I've not managed to get on here very much lately... but just wanted to let everyone know that... I got my :bfp: !!!! So shocked!!!!
Good luck and loads of :dust: to you all... I really hope you all get lucky really soon too x

Wow, congratulations!! :happydance: hope to join you soon.

Oh wow Caroline!! I'm so so happy for you!! You've put a huge smile on my face. Congratulations!! How are you feeling? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->