MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Hi all

I'm due on March 26th - don't yet know if I'm having a little boy or little girl but hoping to find out at my 4D scan next Friday :happydance:

I think I'm having a little boy as baby really is a cheeky little monkey, constantly wriggling about at scans making it difficult for the doctors to do all their measurements hehe Will be over the moon either way, as I'm happy to be having a baby that seems very healthy :D

My backache is getting worse more recently, but it's not too bad - I always suffer from sore backs as I have mild scoliosis!

Kaedin- welcome! how exciting to find out the gender :happydance:

Disney- yay for 3rd tri! we have the same due date :cloud9:

I cannot get rid of this heartburn tonight...OMG it's horrible. I wish there was like some way to remove your stomach and wash all the acid out because I cannot beat this tonight :(

welcome Kaelin xx

Melissa and Disney -woop for third tri -the home straight now ladies xx

JLynn - hope you get some relief from the heartburn soon <hugs>

There has been so much to catch up on the past few days, sorry I cant reply / comment on everything lol -hope everyone is doing okay xxx

My MiL came yesterday - she is the strangest woman ever lol, I try to not let her bother me but sometimes her ability to sprout garbage or inappropriate comments from her mouth drives me insane lol.
So she asked if it was just after the New Year I am due, and then when I said March she went OMG you will be really HUGE by then -cheers MiL
Asked which one of us was getting the op - I just looked at her blankly, knew exactly what she was getting at grrrr -Hubby said what do you mean, we seem to be doing a great job so far of planning all our baby's and not having any mishaps with it? Well Shona (his sister) has already decided no more -well good for he said, just because she only wanted two but ended up with three lol has no reflection on us. Silly woman.
Then she invited herself for Xmas dinner, well made comments presuming she was coming and I was desperate to ask what her plans were this year lol (although inevitably would have invited her anyways) , but hubby would have been annoyed lol -he thought it very amusing 'just like her' to invite herself lol

Then she said our bathroom will look weird - the bathroom hubby has been painstakingly working on for weeks lol -my BiL quickly said that he thought it would be gorgeous and told her to shut it lol - I just said' thanks mum, bet Dave is chuffed you think all his hard work will be 'weird'' She tried to backtrack and said it was just because she was used to wallpaper and linoleum whereas we have all tiles lol

She is the most annoying women ever sometimes lol- but then you have to laugh haha

Welcome new girls. !

Oh mil ! Who would have them lol.

I'm sick of hearing ohh ur massive aint u & wen I say I've got 11 weeks left they can't believe it ! !

My son is such a terrible eater, he's just threw his brekki up all ova me , he's a lot better now aswell. I dno wa 2 do with him2 get him2 eat better! X

welcome kaelin

i am super happy, we went for a 4d scan yesterday and it was emotional seeing my baby in in there, he was so active, drinking the fluid.... hahaha the doctor said he drinks too much fluid thats why he measures a week bigger!! i dont mind...drink baby drink.. he is so cute and they made us a dvd of the ultrasound.. i love him already!!!

Oh dear Donna! MIL isn't very subtle is she??! Who has wallpaper in the bathroom anyway?? It'll get wet (even if you don't splash on it, just the damp from having warm showers will make it wet) it really annoys me that our bathroom only has tiles by the bath but they don't go all the way up to the top so above that it's painted and then there's a window that goes across and the windowsill is just wood with some paint aswell, but that also gets wet because it goes across to where the shower is (shower in the bath)..... and the paint gets all flakey. Not to mention the door to the bathroom has glass in it and no lock! So everyone can see if you're having a shower if it wasn't for the showercurtain!! :dohh:

My teeth are hurting... thinking one of my wisomteeth is coming up a little higher and putting pressure on the rest of my teeth - had that last time I was pregnant! It's kept me awake half the night, on top of just 'normal' pregnancy insomnia! Kept waking up and just staring at the ceiling! :dohh:

I feel incredibly lucky my MIL is a godsend, My BIL's wife... I can't even bring myself to call her my SIL is a psycho but I've already posted enough about her in the past. they have messed up Christmas though, invited everyone to theirs, except none of us want to go! Hubby hasn't talked to his brother in ages, actually when Aiden is due it will have been 2 years, oh well they made their bed they can lay in it. My parents arrive this afternoon and they're bummed we wont see my in-laws on christmas day, so we are planning something for boxing day instead.

I think Aiden has turned back to being head down after a week of being transverse (sideways) I was holding a friends 4 month old baby girl and he started kicking up at her, it was so funny to see the surprise on her face and then she spit up over everything except me rofl. I so cannot wait until march and we can hold our babies! Our 3D/4D scan is on wednesday and I am counting down the hours, well to that, my OB appt is the same day just in the morning, I'm dreading the talking to I will get for putting on more weight, my stomach has blown up in the past few days so I expect it to be another spike. it'll be my last appt thats 4 weeks apart too, next one after should be jan 2nd! time is flying by!

I am just so glad that I don't get weighed here lol -my start BMI was only 21 so they don't seem to bother -but I have now put on 2stone 7lbs (so 35lbs) already with a whole trimester to go OMG!!!! With being on crutches now and sitting around more than I ever have in my life (bar last pregnancy) I am going to ballooooooooonnnnn lol

I don't have any swelling that I can see, so don't even think much of it is water, my abdomen is soft and baby is measuring smallish for dates so it is not that either Hope this baby takes to breastfeeding as well as the others, at least the weight falls off then

xx

I love my MIL aswell! well, both my in-laws really! I had my MIL at the birth of Lucas along with my husband... we had already agreed that she would be there. My parents live in Holland (where I'm from) so they weren't sure whether they'd even be in the UK when I'd go into labour, as they were coming almost 2 weeks after my duedate, but when they turned up I was still at home contracting... so my mum could've been there after all, but I didn't think I could just say to my MIL: you know what my mum is here now so I'll have her there instead! And to be honest I'd much rather have my MIL there than my mum, cause my mum can be kinda weird/odd in certain situations... when she came in whilst I was hanging over my birthing ball having pretty bad contractions she patted me on the back, but pretty hard and it hurt! Both me and hubby were like: you do realise I'm in labour right?! After having had 6 kids yourself you should know how much it hurts or that you could do without someone slapping your back! :dohh:
I'm not very close with my parents, I mean I love them and all and they always help us out (much easier/easy going and more laid back than hubby's parents - my parents even offered to come over to help us move and they'd have to come from a different country!!!) but I'm not close to them as in we say we love each other or anything like that.... can't remember the last time my parents told me they loved me. Whereas hubby's parents... they were here last weekend and said it then! They always do when we ring or when they come over! Guess every family has it's good and bad points!

I'm hoping the breastfeeding will help me more this time with losing weight... I wanted to lose weight already(actually just started my calorie counting again when I found out I was pregnant! :dohh: Always the case :winkwink:) Last time the breastfeeding didn't seem to do anything for me though, maybe I just need to eat less rubbish when breastfeeding this time and hopefully it'll help me lose weight easier then! I've not gained as much this time as I did last time I think! I am the same weight now as I was in my last pregnancy at about this stage but I started off lighter that time!

My mil is also awesome! We are very close! Dont get me wrong there are times im like, omg seriously?, but quickly get over it!

miraclebaba- awww so precious to see them <3

donna- I think an all tile bathroom sounds lovely!

Eltjuh- ouch! wisdom teeth pain is not good :nope: breastfeeding did nothing to help me lose any weight. any extra exercise I tried to throw in or when I tried to eat healthier and cut some junk calories out my supply would drop. I lost the weight very fast with the ones I ff. sounds strange to be backwards like that, but true story! I plan on staying fat again to nurse this baby. sigh.

Disneylovers- what exactly do they say about your weight??? :growlmad: I have gained 60+ pounds in a few of my pregnancies and never heard a peep.

I haven't weighed myself since early weeks ! I don't intend 2 I was stil struggling to lose weight b4 I got pregnant . I didn't even gain much when I was pregnant with my son! It was after it pilled on & cudnt shift it ! My bmi was 32 wen I got pregnant this time but went down to 28/29 as I lost a stone and half due to sickness in those 1st weeks, ino I've pilled it al back on tho. I don't feel huge but my bump is huge like last time !

I really hope I manage to lose the weight and more !
X

My doctor chides every patient about weight gain even if it is only 2 more pounds than he wants at that point. I have another appointment on Wednesday and I can already hear his spill...sigh...at 20/1 weeks I had gained 15 pounds, a whole 5 extra that I honestly feel my body needed since my bmi prepregnancy was 19, so rather slim. It isn't like I have gained 30 pounds already, so I just let him think he is winning. I eat healthy, so I don't worry.

azure- that sounds ridiculous to me. it would have to be a superb dr in every other aspect for me to put up with that. and even then I would probably consider switching!

donna r- you look fab! :)

Thanks Hun :)

Hope your ok girls x I can't believe I'm going to be 30 weeks this week :D exciting ! X I'm looking 4ward to single figure weeks countdown :) x

donna yep you look super lovely round bump :)

And 30 weeks is such a milestone for me too - feels so much closer lol 3/4 cooked and then down to single weeks

I got my skinniest ever when breastfeeding my third baby, although it was probably due to me going back to work and still feeding, my son refusing a bottle or cup and me working all day and feeding all night for a few months lol -was actually too skinny looking back at it now lol

azuregirl - I think your doctor is a bit obsessed about weight gain lol -I think you are doing great xx

Melissa thankyou -I think the bathroom will be great -when it is done haha (nearly there now but clock ticking haha)

Another in-law gripe from me (then I will let it drop haha I promise)
So it's the week before Xmas, I am 7 months pregnant and on crutches and in moderate to severe pain most of the time. We have a partially completed bathroom, which hubby is spending every spare minute on to complete. I have now got 3 extra guests (the out-laws) for Xmas -all who invited themselves more or less, none of whom have even offered to help out at all with any aspect. Hubby cannot do anything to help as he is quarantined to the bathroom to get it done in time lol. So it is all down to me, now in general I don't mind and it may take me all week to get the things I need as I can only tolerate being on my feet for about half an hour to an hour at a time before the pain is so severe I am in tears, but then it is Christmas and I don't have to go to work or anything. I am single handed wrapping all the kids presents and getting things organised on that front -MiL FiL BiL have nothing to do but turn up and be waited on. And here is the gripe - still Brother in Law phones last night and asks my hubby to take him shopping to buy need bedroom and lounge furniture -he has already this past week had him pick up a lounge three piece suite, fridge freezer, cooker, washing machine and double bed for his new flat -that he has no intentions of moving into until after xmas anyway. He also spent a few hrs with him picking up little items like kettle crockery new duvet etc. BiL doesn't have a car and therefore thinks it is fine to get hubby to do it, and hubby drives a wee truck for work so that is handy for the bigger items but still.....
WE DONT HAVE TIME!!! IT Is CHRISTMAS WE ARE BUSY PEOPLE AND......gRRRRRRRRR

......What makes me more mad is the fact that the three of them were here on Saturday and were all saying 'it's fine Dave will get it this week, or it's all good Dave has the truck' I made it plainly clear then that we were too busy and as much as we will help out, it has to be after Christmas (hubby was in the bathroom tiling lol) ; then BiL goes home and phones hubby on his mobile and makes him feel obliged to say yes he will help. He is SO SELFISH, I could scream. Hubby cannot see they are taking the piss!!

Lol A big part of me hopes that the bathroom is not finished, and I can say on Xmas 'sorry folks the bathroom isn't done but then if hubby was left to get on with it, instead of running round for others it would have been' but then it's Xmas and that would make them feel awkward grrrrrrr selfish selfish selfish - I would love to have hubby help ME out, but he is to busy so I wouldn't ask grrrrrrrr

Okay rant over xxx I need to let this drop lol, it is his brother and his parents and if he feels they are not taking the piss then who am I , but still grrrrrrrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->