MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

haha, it's ok Donna!! :hugs: They do seem to be taking the piss... I mean if you want something picked up then either do it yourself or ASK someone to do it, but keep in mind that they do have their own life that they need to get on with!

I don't see why doctors make THAT much of a big deal about weight gain, yes, you shouldn't gain too much.... but too much is more than a pound or 2 difference to what's 'normal' - when I asked my midwife how much she'd reckon I'd gain in the last trimester she said everyone's different, you can't really say....
To be honest, you're gonna be the one that has to or wants to get rid of it again after you've had the baby so it's upto you really how much you (want to) gain - as long as you don't gain WAY too much - if that makes sense :haha:

I read that bmi over 30 should only gain upto 20lbs I think, so I tried to aim for that as a max. I'm on about 13 lbs at the moment, didn't gain anything the last 3 weeks (from 25 to 28wk appointment). Don't know if I'll be able to keep it to 20lbs though, considering I'm up 13lbs already and there's another 11.5 weeks to go for me... but we'll see!! If I can't keep it at 20 then 'oh well' I'll just get rid of it again after!

My teeth have let up again now - they started hurting on thursday, only a little though, easy to ignore.... then saturday night it was really bad and kinda annoying still yesterday, but it was starting to let up - It's basically gone now! :) I knew it was just pressure from the wisdom tooth, cause I've had it before!

One more thing - Everyone going on about reduced fetal movement has kinda freaked me out a little..... Logan has been pretty quiet lately, but I do feel him every so often, his movements have changed aswell not so much strong kicks anymore but a lot of rolling.....
When DO you start worrying? Even if it just reduces but you still feel him or only if you haven't felt it for a long time?? (like best part of the day or more)

28 week growth ultrasound today! Preparing myself for them to say shes big again :(. I feel huge n stretched already,exhausted.... Blah.

Ella chads movements are more rolls now as well and he doesn't move as much as he did but I do feel him. And he pushes out more now rather than kicks.. He was going mad all morning and last night , but some days he's really quiet .. I did go up the hospital to be monitored wen I was 27 weeks and he was fine ,

I never no wen u shud get checked bt I went when he hadnt moved barely at all.

Ur allowed a rant donna! X

I gained 30lbs with my first, didn't over eat and it all came off straight away bar a couple of lbs that didn't take too long to lose either. My BMI was 35 when I got pregnant.

I think of 30 weeks as such a milestone too! cant wait to get there :)

welcome sarandrewbean!

Donna- with whats going on, I think you're allowed :hugs:

hi ladies

hope everyone is doing well

Ive got a cold in summer no fun at all ... and my heartburn is strangling me slowly

Ive only got 4 more days of work left for the year ... incl today yay

Being sick is terrible! My DH has either food poisoning or the stomach flu and he is miserable! I know it isn't dinner since everything was fully cooked before going in the oven for 40 minutes and I feel great. I just hope if he does have the stomach flu that he doesn't give it to me...I hope you get better soon blessedbaby! Illness and pregnancy is a rough road!

One more thing - Everyone going on about reduced fetal movement has kinda freaked me out a little..... Logan has been pretty quiet lately, but I do feel him every so often, his movements have changed aswell not so much strong kicks anymore but a lot of rolling.....
When DO you start worrying? Even if it just reduces but you still feel him or only if you haven't felt it for a long time?? (like best part of the day or more)

I've had next to no feral movement for nearly a week now and it is beyond frustrating

Oh wow! Hope you get some answers soon!! I saw your post on the FB page - you're getting your report of the scan soon aren't you??

I find it all really scary, reduced fetal movement!!
My midwifery team go on about it all the time, every appointment - have I had movement? lots of movement? do I realise what is enough movement? do I realise the importance of reduced movement? etc -it is even written in my notes -
'Donna has been informed of the importance of reduced foetal movement and explained to phone immediately if this happens, leaflet given'

My leaflet says (and if you are on FB you have probably saw this, maybe twice lol)

If you feel movements are reduced, lie on your left side for 2hrs with your bump supported and count kicks (movements) Should be at least 10 separate movements, if not phone midwife for 24-28 weeks where they will check heart beat, measure fundal height , basically do a normal routine antenatal appointment , if 28weeks+ then go and get seen immediately. Do not sleep on it, do not wait until the next day to be seen. You will get NST, normal antenatal appointment stuff and if uterus measures small, or you are a high risk pregnancy or the heart rate monitoring is normal but you still feel movements are reduced then they will offer you a scan within 24 hrs to check fluid levels etc.

It states there are no specific number of movements which they class as normal, but more to do with knowing your baby's pattern and being aware of change or reduction in your baby's normal.

Also states if you go home and are worried again, then go straight back in -no matter how many times this occurs. Reassuringly worrying iykwim??

terrifies me tbh, but then my friend lost her wee girl at 29weeks - reduced foetal movement and by the time she went in baby was gone :cry:

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been on here much as Fb is easier, I thought I'd add I'm team pink xx

Welcome sarandrewbean!
...and Donna :hugs: we all need a rant sometimes and the holidays is hard. We're so low key this year it feels great and I'm a lot less stressed out, but I do to have other kids. Rents, Christmas and family....oh my!

Donna R - your son's picture is absolutely adorable! Did he get a new hair cut? So handsome.

Blessed hope your cold stops fast, I've had a touch of one myself and it's the equivalent of -28 outside today (Celsius).

Hockeywife that must be really scary, I'm hoping that your baby gets moving soon and that everything comes back okay....

Gecko, congrats on team pink! :thumbup:

Thanks hun, yeh he had his hair cut a few weeks ago :) !
Chopped al his curls of ! I couldn't go with him. His dad took him because I sat and cried my eyes out the 1st time he got it cut lol x
He's my cutie x

thanks for that info donna

my one friend who gave birth in Oct was told to eat nuts and yoghurt for her low amniotic fluid and it really helped to increase it

thanks Jesse hope u also feel better soon ...

aww DonnaR LOL too cute

What a long night...DH was sick from about 9 pm until 4 am, I didn't sleep at all until some time after 5 am, and even then it was not restful. I ran to the store at 4:30 am for pepto bismo and Gatorade. Poor guy is so dehydrated and I had to clean up this morning for our lease renewal inspection. Thankfully he is keeping water and Gatorade down. I just wanna sleep! :sleep:

LadyGecko- congrats on :pink:

azure girl- hope your DH gets better very fast and you don't catch it!

Blessedbaby- yay for 4 more days! sorry your sick :wacko:

as for reduced fetal movement- I had 2 times, my 5th and 6th babies, when I noticed less movements. I wasn't counting kicks, but being I had a few babies before them I knew what to expect. with my 5th they said it was getting later in the pregnancy (around 30ish weeks) and that I wouldn't be feeling him as much. but I knew that its more like 35-36 weeks that my babies tend to slow down so they did a scan. his fluid was terribly low. made it to 37 weeks and my fluid was almost non-existant. they induced and didn't find out til he was born that the placenta had been deteriorating and pulling away. they checked for this at weekly scans and never saw it. also had to do non-stress tests weekly. with my 6th I started noticing the same thing. they said it was unlikely I would experience the same thing, but I could tell something was going on. again low amniotic fluid. they did weekly scans and nonstress tests again, but his didn't get as low. I went into labor on my own at 37+4.

from those 2 experiences I will def be aware this time. they will already do a scan around 32 weeks due to the probs in the past. I did everything they suggested to raise amniotic fluid. bedrest, extra fluids, you name it. nothing worked either time.

Well, tonight i definitely don't need to worry about movement..... wow!He's going crazy in there, it actually hurts at times!
Haven't felt him this strong in a while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->