MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Have any of your OH/DH had a hard time adjusting to the thought of being a dad? This is my DH and I's second child together. He just told me tonight that he "never wanted another child, that he told me that one hundred times". I am grieving in a sense. I feel alone in my love for this child at this moment. Between this emotional bombshell and the spotting this week, I am feeling fragile.

oh honey i am so sorry to hear!

Have any of your OH/DH had a hard time adjusting to the thought of being a dad? This is my DH and I's second child together. He just told me tonight that he "never wanted another child, that he told me that one hundred times". I am grieving in a sense. I feel alone in my love for this child at this moment. Between this emotional bombshell and the spotting this week, I am feeling fragile.

I have noticed, many men don't get attached to a child until its born, then they instantly fall in love most of the time. Either that or at ultrasounds. We carry it for 9 months so we're physically connected to it. To them its like an invisible thing. Seeing is believing after all. So just stick with it and I'm sure it will be fine. Besides just vent to us. We don't mind at all

Aww sorry you are having such a rough time :hugs: I hope things work out, and the spotting stops, just one more stress you don't need

Must be so devestating but my father Was the same ...he wanted a maximum of two children- my mother had only two sons and really wanted a daughter. She went on to have another son and soon after, me, a girl:wacko:against dad's with wishes. Don't worry sweety, Think about yourself and that beautiful baby inside Who will hopefully be' pushing your husband's wheelchair around when he's an old man. You gave your first child a beautiful gift- a friend for life!

Morning girls, woke up feeling sick and headache , was arguing with my oh yday tho. X

Babydust4u I hope the scan noes well, keeping my fingers crossed its normal spotting.

Waiting4damon don't give up, my OH was a total ass for the past two weeks with his concerns and its already getting so much better with lots of talking and some time to cool down (our first) your OH is probably scared.

Donna you sound like you had one hell of a day yesterday. Take a deep breath and try to do something today that makes you happy, eat a brownie, take a bath (if you can) ect. Be good to yourself, the storm always passes.

My OH and I had sex for the first time in a LONG time tonight (2 weeks) since we've been fighting but are doing so much better now. I spotted after and it was scary but thanks to BnB I was able to repeat to myself and OH....'this is normal, this is normal. As long as I don't get cramps or bright red blood'. Sure enough it didn't even last 10 minutes or one panty liner. Phew.

I have swollen feet :( Its not that bad, but I notice it when I stand up after sitting down for a while. Its getting pretty painful to walk on. Going to monitor it over the weekend and if its still there go to the doctor. Its not fun :(

I feel so terrible , I'm barely eating .. I've got no appetite whatsoever bt I'm hungry :'( I keep feeling sick but not being sick x 8 weeks monday :)

Thank you hun, aww yeh spotting is complety normal. X I wish I could have a nice bath only my house only has a walk in shower I hate it , x
Babydust4u I hope the scan noes well, keeping my fingers crossed its normal spotting.

Waiting4damon don't give up, my OH was a total ass for the past two weeks with his concerns and its already getting so much better with lots of talking and some time to cool down (our first) your OH is probably scared.

Donna you sound like you had one hell of a day yesterday. Take a deep breath and try to do something today that makes you happy, eat a brownie, take a bath (if you can) ect. Be good to yourself, the storm always passes.

My OH and I had sex for the first time in a LONG time tonight (2 weeks) since we've been fighting but are doing so much better now. I spotted after and it was scary but thanks to BnB I was able to repeat to myself and OH....'this is normal, this is normal. As long as I don't get cramps or bright red blood'. Sure enough it didn't even last 10 minutes or one panty liner. Phew.

So morning sickness has just properly got me , I thought I'd try some cereal and it ended up in the toilet . :( x

Oh Donna I can so feel what you are going through....I was exactly the same, luckily for me today i discovered if i eat before i get out of bed and chew on chewing gum in the day it keeps it at bay. I hope you can find something to give you some relief....it really starts making you feel miserable.

Waitingfor that must be really hard but I'm sure he will come around, my dh found it hard with our first as she was a suprise...as time went on though he really came around and got excited. :hugs:

I'm loving seeing all the scan photos. I have my midwife appt on tuesday then a week later my scan....the countdown begins. It's horrible how the memories of your last pg stay with you when it didnt end well. I keep getting worried there will be nothing there. My scan with my mc they never saw any sign of pregnancy other than a thickened lining. :dohh:

Hope everyone is well and cant wait to see more scan photos!

Hi Ladies,

Could i please join you here in March Monkeys? feels a little like DeJa Vu for me as i was a March Mummy back in 2009 and here i am again hoping to be a March Monkey this time. This is number 7 for us and definitely the last so hoping for a sticky bean a little nervous about posting as it is only early day but will go mad if i dont have some outlet other than hubby until its safe to tell family etc xx

Thanks hun, I'm going to have to try and find something to help me x
Oh Donna I can so feel what you are going through....I was exactly the same, luckily for me today i discovered if i eat before i get out of bed and chew on chewing gum in the day it keeps it at bay. I hope you can find something to give you some relief....it really starts making you feel miserable.

Waitingfor that must be really hard but I'm sure he will come around, my dh found it hard with our first as she was a suprise...as time went on though he really came around and got excited. :hugs:

I'm loving seeing all the scan photos. I have my midwife appt on tuesday then a week later my scan....the countdown begins. It's horrible how the memories of your last pg stay with you when it didnt end well. I keep getting worried there will be nothing there. My scan with my mc they never saw any sign of pregnancy other than a thickened lining. :dohh:

Hope everyone is well and cant wait to see more scan photos!

I did a lot of dr google, gagging can be caused by excess salivia i read so hard boiled lollies and chewing gum can help. Good luck x

Ginger, Preggi pops and caraway seeds are all really good for the sickness, chewed the seeds with one of my pregnancies and it does help, cold ginger tea or carbonated ginger ale is helpful too, my last March pregnancy i found blueberry juice worked helping with the nausea, hope you feel better soon as it really does suck i thing feeling sick is far worse than being at leat if you have been sick you feel a bit better for a while xx

I defo agree feeling sick is worse than being sick. I'm hungry but wish I could eat x

Can my due date be changed to March 9 please? :)

Good luck with your scan today J_Lynn!

https://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/pregnancy/heartbeat.php

This website is helpful for determining if your baby's hb is on track. It's funny how much misinformation is out there with women being told anything under 120 is too low... the hb rises daily until 9 weeks! Some doctors apparently don't even know this. Just thought I'd share!

Midwife phoned and got my appointment 12/8 so a week after my scan. Will be nice though as I'll know before hand if its a proper pregnancy and not a miscarriage :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->