MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Exact same thing here. I left my ex when my oldest was around 9 months old. He saw her a few times after that but it was very rarely and the last time he was her was for her 3rd birthday (she'll be 8 this fall.) He's made promises to her over Facebook that he wants to be part of her life but never makes an actual attempt so we've finally cut him off. OH has always treated her like his own and she's finally started calling him "Dad" or "Daddy" in the last couple of months (we've been together nearly 3 years) so there's definite improvement.

I still feel bad for her that her own bio-dad isn't part of her life because I can only imagine how that feels but like you, she has OH in her life and her Papa (my step-dad) loves her as much as a father would as well so she's got 2 great/loving men in her life.

So similar! My dad is my daughters (Allison) Papa. She has him and OH and him and I have been together nearly 3 years as well!
Well here's hoping for us to have great pregnancies!

I'm still on bed rest until tomorrow at the earliest, that was all fine and good when hubby was off work (his days off are wed and thurs every week and he took pre-approved sick to take me back for my beta hcg recheck yesterday).

Today I'm home alone and I have taken almost an hour to finish my breakfast (toast) after getting up late. I took some Zofran last night before bed because my ms likes to strike at it's peak right before bed, every smell in our apartment was making me gag. It seems to have lasted all night through to this morning so I don't feel sick but I have little appetite to eat some food to take my prenatals. Those have become my enemy for feeling sick too, I have to hold my nose when opening the bottle, the smell is making me gag even when I don't have any nausea!

Hi Disney! You're from California? I was born and raised there, lived there until I was 21 before moving! Where in Cali?
Sorry you're feeling so sick!

Hi Disney! You're from California? I was born and raised there, lived there until I was 21 before moving! Where in Cali?
Sorry you're feeling so sick!

I'm actually from Essex, England. But met a Californian sweetie in '06, we married and I moved here 5 years ago. I have been joking that our baby will have dual citizenship before I do and it looks as though that will actually happen LOL.

We actually met online on a Disney fansite in '05 and I decided with a bunch of my college friends to do Christmas in '06 at Disneyland, I booked my tickets early and my flights, hotel, etc... they didn't! they waited to the last minute and weren't able to get anything affordable. Instead of cancelling my trip I went for it alone, hubby actually organized a group of our friends to spend the week together (he figured a big group of people, would make me feels safer) and he came with them to pick me up from LAX to take me to my hotel. It was a bit crazy and nerve wracking at the time but I'm so glad I went through with my vacation!

My MIL is English too, she is from London and she met my FIL when he was stationed in England during the war, she went back to cleveland with him after the war and they moved to san fran not long after then moved to the south bay. They couldn't have their own kids so all three of their kids are adopted, Hubby loves them to bits as do I! It's also nice to talk to someone in the family who knows what I'm talking about in reference to home without having to try to explain :happydance:

What a cute story Disney! I love it! And miss Disney too ! It's been about 6 years since I have been there!

Hi girls, I feel terrible today,
I've hardly ate at all. :( I had a crumpet for brekki, and cheese roll at a kids party and a crumpt for tea.
I aint been sick but have no appetite and don't feel hungry,
I hope I'm not going to hurt baby. I want to eat I just can't :( x

I am sorry you feel so icky Donna. Is there any way for you to take some medication to take the nausea edge off? I dunno if you have Zofran in the UK but I have heard that it works really well and is totally safe for pregnancy.

I feel ridiculously tired today. I slept for twelve hours last night then fell asleep again at 2pm and just got up at 5:15! I still could sleep another several days I think. Also feeling just generally icky and nauseous as well but I am forcing myself to eat small snacks frequently and it is helping...it's just hard because food is initially so aversive. I think I also need to get a new bra soon as my bra barely fits anymore.

Oh, and I got a great deal on a doppler on eBay, though I likely won't try to use it until at least 9 weeks!

Donna, someone said to me they used travelsickness bracelets when they were pregnant and suffering from MS. You can buy them in Boots (I looked into it, but figured I don't need it, as I figured out that I only feel sick when I'm hungry, which is most of the time, but I force myself to eat!)
Maybe they're worth a try???
I'm sure you won't hurt baby, there are so many people that feel really sick and can't eat much or anything really (or keep it down!) in their first trimester! Just make sure you stay hydrated, that's the most important bit. And ofcourse, I'm sure you know this, try to eat little and often, mainly dry and bland foods like crackers or plain biscuits (probably rich teas or something). Or you can try (sucking on) peppermints.
Hopefully you'll feel better soon!!!

I actually enjoyed my dinner tonight... it as McDonalds :blush: My BIL suggested it and I was like... I fancy it now, now that you've said it! And it actually made me feel full aswell! First thing all day that made me feel full!!
I ate a turkey sandwich for breakfast, had 2 snack-a-jacks, 2 packets of go-ahead biscuits, a packet of saltines, 3 sausage rolls (small ones!!!), McDonalds and some popcorn today! Feel like a pig!! :dohh: None of the food seemed to really make me feel less empty though, until the McDonalds! :dohh: So annoying!! My sister said she had the same thing when she was around 7 weeks pregnant and she said it only lasted about 10-14 days for her, so hopefully it won't be much longer than that for me!! (considering genetics :winkwink:)

I had olive garden for lunch, full of pasta and meat! I have literally slept the rest of the day away! And am now craving boneless spicy chicken wings! :(. I can eat a house!

The day I had McDonald's I actually felt the most sick. The one day I thought I was going to puke and someone brought in McDonald's to my work and I thought "that's smells so gooooood!" I got in the car at lunch break and indulged. I felt great and it tasted amazing and then I didn't feel sick.

I indulged in sushi today from a place that we have been to every time we go and trust and didn't get any rolls with raw fish but got delicious spicy seafood soup with udon, lots of rolls with cooked shrimp and avocado, dumpling and spring rolls. It was all soooooo good and now I haven't moved the rest of the day.

I'm feeling so angry because OH wants to go on a mans road trip to California (we live in Ontario) for two weeks in September. I'll be in second trimester and the logical part of my brain knows it would be good for him before baby comes but the hormonal part knows its a dream trip of mine, i cant go, he going with a friend of his I hate and that because OH handles so many more bills than I do and makes more,that I actually can't really say no. Ugh. :wacko: I probably need to calm down as I couldn't stop badgering him about it but I feel trapped in his decision, hormonal and upset. Like a big kid I feel like screaming "NO FAIR!", I probably need to grow up? :shrug:

Im in the same situation sort of lol..

Hubby got invited to a bachelor party( not a skanky one, they are brewing beer all weekend lol) a month after baby will be born for 4 days... I guess im just nervous w two kids and one being so small all by my lonesome...ill get over it but he truly does deserve to go! A great husband, daddy, hard worker, guess i need to suck it up lol

The day I had McDonald's I actually felt the most sick. The one day I thought I was going to puke and someone brought in McDonald's to my work and I thought "that's smells so gooooood!" I got in the car at lunch break and indulged. I felt great and it tasted amazing and then I didn't feel sick.

I indulged in sushi today from a place that we have been to every time we go and trust and didn't get any rolls with raw fish but got delicious spicy seafood soup with udon, lots of rolls with cooked shrimp and avocado, dumpling and spring rolls. It was all soooooo good and now I haven't moved the rest of the day.

I'm feeling so angry because OH wants to go on a mans road trip to California (we live in Ontario) for two weeks in September. I'll be in second trimester and the logical part of my brain knows it would be good for him before baby comes but the hormonal part knows its a dream trip of mine, i cant go, he going with a friend of his I hate and that because OH handles so many more bills than I do and makes more,that I actually can't really say no. Ugh. :wacko: I probably need to calm down as I couldn't stop badgering him about it but I feel trapped in his decision, hormonal and upset. Like a big kid I feel like screaming "NO FAIR!", I probably need to grow up? :shrug:

As hard as it may be to be OK with that idea, just think ... if you don't give him too much crap about doing his trip - he will have NOTHING to complain about when you have a mile-long needs list the rest of the pregnancy after he gets back ;) hehe

My husband is going to talk to his daughter tonight about having a little brother or sister, and is telling her that we're going to start trying ... I told him it's not fair to her to be blind-sided and completely unknowingly end up with a sibling. So to try and reduce an all out melt-down, I told him he needed to come up with some way to talk to her about it because I will not deal with a jealous tantrum when she does get told, and there is only 4 weeks until we reveal it to the world (lol). I won't tolerate it and she's 12, almost 13 - which is too old for that garbage anyway. So I am scared to find out what she says lol If she is negative about it and continues with her snarky comments about how she would kill a baby if I ever had one (yeah, that will forever be in the back of my mind, I don't care if she was "joking" or not and she will neverrrrr be alone with our child...understandably....) then I will just refuse to be around her even more than I do now.

I am so, so, so, so hoping that she will just understand and be accepting of this. I don't know what I'll do if she's anti-baby. I just don't know :/ I know that will be tough on my husband because then he will have the "new" family, and the "old" family that he is going to be torn between and I don't want that to happen to him. UGH. So, I am so nervous and hoping that it will go ok!!

Awe sorry ur worried j lynn, i would betoo! Maybe she said it out of jelousy? Id just keep an eye on her of course, but maybe shell come around and love the idea, maybe even help out? I think thats important to allow her to do if yor comfortable enough. Poor you :(

Wow, i guess my stomach didn't agree with that mcdonalds i had earlier. Just woke up in the middle of the night with really bad stomach cramps... you can guess the rest.... 2nd time this has happened during this pregnancy.... used to happen all the time with my son!

Well, SD took it wonderfully!!! She told him that not only does she want a sibling, but she told him that she wants us to hurry up and give her one before Christmas.

....he explained people aren't dogs so that's not how it works lol

Ahhhh I am so releived!!!!!

Im in the same situation sort of lol..

Hubby got invited to a bachelor party( not a skanky one, they are brewing beer all weekend lol) a month after baby will be born for 4 days... I guess im just nervous w two kids and one being so small all by my lonesome...ill get over it but he truly does deserve to go! A great husband, daddy, hard worker, guess i need to suck it up lol

I guess I need to suck it too. I'll just try to take it one hormonal day at a time...:dohh: I hope to not make him feel bad but I can just see myself bawling when he leaves. We talked tonight and I felt a lot better. Well I cried while I explained my concerns and he said he understood. I did tell him he deserves to go and I don't want him to feel bad.

Thanks for the support ladies, I feel so hormonal that pregnancy. My coworker is due Oct 31st and she puked every day from 5 weeks to 20 but hasn't cried or been angry once. I feel semi nauseous at times by not bad and am a hormonal mess. I think mines a girl and hers is a boy. :winkwink:

J_Lynne I hope all goes well, but even if it doesn't, you can't control that so try to find some peace because its out of your hands other than your plan, which sounds considerate. I'm hoping for you that it all goes well but you sound like you have one dramatic child on your hands. :hugs:

I do - she is EXTREMELY dramatic. But, it's not her fault.... It's her mother brain washing that's done it :( She is such a sweet child, that's just been masked and taken over by lies and her mother in her ear telling her when we have a baby we won't love her. So, being told that day in and day out and just hearing nothing but negativity when the subjects brought up will really mess with a kids head.

So it's not her fault, at all. It's just a tragic situation.

However, I am so happy she's excited. She told us that we should have talked about it as a family because she wanted to know when we started planning. We explained to her that baby planning isn't anything a child needs to be involved in (lol....uhhh TMI!!) but I wanted to make sure that he told her before she was blind-sided with a pregnancy announcement. Now for the last hour all she's been talking about is baby names.

Oh man. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->