March 2018 Babies

We found out today that we are having another boy! :)

Congratulations!
Thats how it happened for me. My first two were boys and my third was a girl and this one is a boy. Of im being perfectly honest, i really wanted my second to be a girl. I was kinda sad (but happy for a healthy baby at the same time). But looking back im really happy it happened that way. There is something so special about being a mom to all boys, at the time. And then i went on to have my girl and it just was so sweet. There are a lot of perks to two boys that early on i didnt even see. I love them to death. Im sure youll bave a lot of fun and sweet moments. Co grats again!

Anyone hear have hypotension? Im told its not really a concern unless you faint, but even then its not except that u could get injuried if you do faint. I havnt fainted yet but i havr been getting lightheaded and dizzy often. Which ive come to the concousion it must be from my low bp ( 100/56 at last check). Mt iron levels and everything else that could cause dizziness and lightheadedness are all good. Just wondering if anyond elze is dealing w it

Anyone hear have hypotension? Im told its not really a concern unless you faint, but even then its not except that u could get injuried if you do faint. I havnt fainted yet but i havr been getting lightheaded and dizzy often. Which ive come to the concousion it must be from my low bp ( 100/56 at last check). Mt iron levels and everything else that could cause dizziness and lightheadedness are all good. Just wondering if anyond elze is dealing w it

I have it occasionally, I had it every day with dd1 though which is why I really thought I was having a boy this time! It sucks doesn't it :( I remember not being able to have a shower as within seconds I'd be dizzy and need to sit down. It's definitely blood pressure related. Plenty drinks and snacks helped me last time x

2 Days and hopefully we will know what we're having!!

I thought dizziness was pretty common in pregnancy regardless of iron levels and bp? Mine are both in normal range and I get dizzy often. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

It's a girl!

And all is well. I have another scan booked though to check placenta at 32 weeks.

Congrats on the girls all around ladies!!

I wish we were planning to find out. I keep hoping we accidentally can tell. My scan is next Wednesday!

Sometimes I wish I could wait until the birth to find out!

She kept rolling around in there and did sort of flash us at one point, so I think we would have found out accidentally anyway :haha:

Excellent! I would love to know! Fingers crossed for a wiggly baby, haha!

The thing is I'm curious, but it knowing wouldn't change anything. I don't want to dress the baby in all pink or all blue and we aren't even putting a nursery together for a while because we will be moving 4 months later. So I have no real reason to find out.

DH though has always dreamed about being surprised at birth and it means a lot to him. So since it means more to him to be surprised than it does to me to find out I am going along with it, but our compromise is that we will find out for any subsequent children. Of course, he said, if we accidentally find out he won't be upset so just keeping my fingers crossed haha.

The thing is I'm curious, but it knowing wouldn't change anything. I don't want to dress the baby in all pink or all blue and we aren't even putting a nursery together for a while because we will be moving 4 months later. So I have no real reason to find out.

DH though has always dreamed about being surprised at birth and it means a lot to him. So since it means more to him to be surprised than it does to me to find out I am going along with it, but our compromise is that we will find out for any subsequent children. Of course, he said, if we accidentally find out he won't be upset so just keeping my fingers crossed haha.

I was too curious With DD1 but like you had no reason to know really. This time I just wanted to know if I needed to wash DD1's old baby clothes or not, and as it happens I do! :haha:

We're not doing a nursery either, baby will be with us for 6+ months and then go in with DD1, providing she's sleeping through the night anyway, I don't want her in there if she will wake DD1 up.

sevenofnine i dont feel any either i have anterior placenta and its making things difficult to feel and to find a heartbeat on my home doppler. I'm having a hard time about gender, dh wants to find out and i dont, i go for my ultrasound on tuesday so not much time to talk this out and its almost impossible for one of to know and not the other argh.

for me i just really have no desire to know ahead of time, this is my last baby so i want the surprise

I was too curious With DD1 but like you had no reason to know really. This time I just wanted to know if I needed to wash DD1's old baby clothes or not, and as it happens I do! :haha:

We're not doing a nursery either, baby will be with us for 6+ months and then go in with DD1, providing she's sleeping through the night anyway, I don't want her in there if she will wake DD1 up.

Same!
We (mostly me) wanted to find out so I'd know if we could get rid of my DS's clothes or not. My son hardly used his room so this baby isn't getting a nursery. It'll be in our room and then with DS probably after a year old...
There's a lot of benefits to having the same sex since they can share a room for a long time and share clothes. It'll save us so much money! Lol

I know I'm very happy that it's another little girl, it takes away one of the expenses (If it turns out they're wrong and it's a little boy he's going to be wearing pink for a few days :haha: ). Although it's a big age gap so we don't have anything else from DD1s baby days, well apart from her infant carseat but I've heard it wouldn't be safe to use it as it's 5 years old.

I know I'm very happy that it's another little girl, it takes away one of the expenses (If it turns out they're wrong and it's a little boy he's going to be wearing pink for a few days :haha: ). Although it's a big age gap so we don't have anything else from DD1s baby days, well apart from her infant carseat but I've heard it wouldn't be safe to use it as it's 5 years old.

Read the manual or the sticker on the side of the seat. All seats are different and expirations can vary.

We don't have a manual for it. I'll see if I can find anything on the actual seat!

Never mind, I found the manual online. Says replace after 5 years!

Ah well, safety first! Most prams I've seen and like come with a carseat within the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->