March 2018 Babies

Congrats to you guys finding out! Lots of girls about at the mo! :cloud9:

I know I'm very happy that it's another little girl, it takes away one of the expenses (If it turns out they're wrong and it's a little boy he's going to be wearing pink for a few days :haha: ). Although it's a big age gap so we don't have anything else from DD1s baby days, well apart from her infant carseat but I've heard it wouldn't be safe to use it as it's 5 years old.

I've nothing left either due to our gap! Congrats :flow: x

For you ladies who kept your babies in your rooms with you did you use a crib in your room or something else? I sort of don't want to get a crib until after we move and am wondering what the baby should sleep in. A pack n' play? A bassinet of some sort?

Our DD1 was in a moses basket, and then cot, she was in our room until 13 months due to where we lived at the time.

Hi ladies I'm a soon to be March Mommy too!! Unless of course she's late haha

Hi HappiestMom!

060509.x - I'll have to look up what a moses basket is. I know so little when it comes to babies :dohh:

We'll definitely keep baby in our room until we move. We're in a two bedroom apartment and the other room is essentially an office. We considered clearing everything out, but it just didn't make sense for such a short time. Then we are moving across the country and will either rent or buy a house so I'm hoping we can set up a nursery then.

We used a bassinet until about 4 months then just coslept/tried to use a crib

In the past i coslept eith a little cosleeper in the bed.
This time however i have a coslwwper that actually attaches to the side of the bed. I have also been.known to use a.bassinet but once baby rolls switched to crib.

Hi HappiestMom!

060509.x - I'll have to look up what a moses basket is. I know so little when it comes to babies :dohh:

We'll definitely keep baby in our room until we move. We're in a two bedroom apartment and the other room is essentially an office. We considered clearing everything out, but it just didn't make sense for such a short time. Then we are moving across the country and will either rent or buy a house so I'm hoping we can set up a nursery then.

A moses basket is a bassinet I think. I'm from the UK, we don't call them the same thing. A crib to me is something that swings for example, whereas according to my friend from Ohio it is what I call a cot.

Hi happiestmom!

Karoolia- We kept dd1 in a swinging crib last time in our room then transferred to a cot bed when she moved rooms. This time I'll be getting a snuzpod/next2me crib for the side of the bed as I'll likely have a c section.

Katia-xO how did you find the swinging crib?

I've been thinking about getting one second hand (new mattress obviously) for this baby, I've heard the baby stays in it longer than the moses basket?

Katia-xO how did you find the swinging crib?

I've been thinking about getting one second hand (new mattress obviously) for this baby, I've heard the baby stays in it longer than the moses basket?

I didn't really like it to be honest, it was ok at first but by 12 weeks she was getting annoyed and waking herself bashing her arms into the sides. A next2me crib is so much bigger so I think we'll be getting one of those this time!

Well it's good to know anyway that baby can stay with us for a while! Funny how things have different names in the UK vs US/Canada. I'm from Canada (living in US at the moment) and normally have heard most UK names for things. It seems we get influence from both places. With baby stuff it all seems different though.

Yeah you can keep baby in with you for as long as you feel comfortable! ☺️

Anyone else having trouble settling on a name? I had one for a boy, but obviously can't use it now :haha:

I've got 3 that I really like that I'm going to pitch to my OH, already shared with my DD and she has a favourite of the 3, so just need to see what the OH says now! I worry he might not like any, or will like one I like a little less :haha:

We have barely talked names. I have one I love for a boy, but I don't think my husband likes it. We both agreed on one we like for a girl, but I don't feel like we decided on it, just both sort of liked it. At some point we'll have to think about names a little more seriously.

We have been struggling with a name!
Before we knew we were having a boy we did pick out a girls name (he has two girls and a boy and i think he just assumed he would have a girl lol). We picked Aaliyah Nichole for a girl. But we are having a boy, so excited! So far we havn't agreed on anything except that we know we want the middle name to be Alan (which is after my step-brother, who hooked us up lol and my step-dad, who means a lot to me. For a first name the only one we have agreed on is Grant. Im guessing we will go with Grant Alan but we havnt solidified it. Still searching to see what else there is.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, will be telling OH the names I like when he gets home later this evening. DD1 was named the day after we found out she was a girl, but I guess nothing has to be set in stone until she is here!

Names, UHG. We had DD1’s name set forever, but we’re lost with DD2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->