March 2018 Babies

I find it so strange that the midwives don't check heartbeat for so long. I heard it via ultrasound at 11 weeks and since then my OB has me come in every 4 weeks to check the heartbeat via doppler. He never needs more than a few seconds to find it. I'm usually in and out in less than 5 minutes. Are most midwives just so busy that they don't have time in case it is difficult to find?

We see (not hear) the heart beating at our 12 week scan, then the midwife will listen to it at our 16 week appointment. With my first, I heard the heartbeat at every appointment, so I'm hoping it's the same this time. My midwife now is super chatty and friendly, our appointments are never on time, and she often chats about the weather before we even get started so she's definitely not busy :haha: it's just not the done thing to listen to before 16 weeks. Every area is different though.

Yeah we see it around 12 weeks then with dd1 I heard it at 16 weeks and every subsequent midwife visit. They said they've stopped doing it from early on here because if they didn't find it for any reason obviously the lady was sent for a scan to check on baby so it crowded up already busy hospitals and potentially worried the ladies unnecessarily etc and other people were really in need of the appointments.

I'm back there for sugar level monitoring at 25 weeks so hopefully she'll try then though!

We got to hear the heartbeat again, I'm so glad as we had DD1 with us, so glad she got to hear it.

Was she excited to hear it 060509.x? So nice that she was able to be there!

Her face lit up!

She thinks it's funny that I have two hearts in my body right now.

Aw how lovely!

My dd is majorly amused that I have two bums on my person right now 😂😂😂

Although I am pretty set on baby's first name, every now and then I have a wobble because of its rise in popularity, the nn for the name is in the top 10 but as that won't be her official name that doesn't bother me. March needs to hurry up so I can stop having a wobble. :haha:

How is everyone else doing?

Although I am pretty set on baby's first name, every now and then I have a wobble because of its rise in popularity, the nn for the name is in the top 10 but as that won't be her official name that doesn't bother me. March needs to hurry up so I can stop having a wobble. :haha:

I keep having wobbles about name too. I like what we've chosen (read: the only one he wants that I don't hate!) and everyone is majorly annoying me about it so she's going to end up nameless!

I'm a mess at the mo. My scan is tomorrow but 3 people I know of in the last month have gone for theirs and there was no heartbeat/bad news so have had to deliver their babies. It's all so scary and I feel so awful for them :cry:

Mine didn't like my first choice, so I guess I'm bound to have wobbles!

Aww Katia-xO! Has baby been moving a lot?

I keep having wobbles about name too. I like what we've chosen (read: the only one he wants that I don't hate!) and everyone is majorly annoying me about it so she's going to end up nameless!

I'm a mess at the mo. My scan is tomorrow but 3 people I know of in the last month have gone for theirs and there was no heartbeat/bad news so have had to deliver their babies. It's all so scary and I feel so awful for them :cry:

Awww how stressful! That would make me anxious too. I have my measurements scan on Wednesday and I’m also anxious to hear how everything is.

I do feel some slight movement every day, but even now at 22 weeks it’s all extremely light. My placenta is exactly covering basically the whole front of my stomach, so I’m only feeling movements down low or very rarely (not every day) when she gets a really good kick in through the placenta... yikes!

Other than that, I’m already dealing with high blood pressure, which is entirely frustrating considering I eat well, exercise regularly, and am not overweight. The hypertension is driving me bonkers!! I have no other symptoms.

It’s 3am here and my DD woke me up. She’s sleeping again, but now I’m waiting to fall asleep again... UHG. :haha:

Sevenofnine did you have hypertension with your first daughter?
Just asking because I did with my son and it seems to be going up with this one too :(
I'm eating so healthy, not overweight (but have gained a lot quickly since becoming pregnant- like 20lbs. Eating helps my 1st tri nausea), and didn't have hypertension before pregnancy. I don't know what causes it!!
I was 140/80 last month's appointment and so I've been even more strict with eating healthy and drinking lots of water. My next appointment is tomorrow... So we'll see what it is then...

Just asking because I did with my son and it seems to be going up with this one too :(
I'm eating so healthy, not overweight (but have gained a lot quickly since becoming pregnant- like 20lbs. Eating helps my 1st tri nausea), and didn't have hypertension before pregnancy. I don't know what causes it!!
I was 140/80 last month's appointment and so I've been even more strict with eating healthy and drinking lots of water. My next appointment is tomorrow... So we'll see what it is then...

Yes, I had hypertension with my first. I’m not hypertensive when not pregnant. I’ve been sitting at about the same so far, about 140/80. I have also been trying to drink tons of water every day! I’m not sure what else I can do!

Yes, I had hypertension with my first. I’m not hypertensive when not pregnant. I’ve been sitting at about the same so far, about 140/80. I have also been trying to drink tons of water every day! I’m not sure what else I can do!

I hear you. It's so frustrating, because I feel great. Baby is healthy. Also, my BP is usually great if I take it anywhere besides the Drs office. I didn't get preeclampsia with my son. It was just high bp and then Dr induced me at 39 weeks as a precaution. But I'm not allowing that this time. Sure, precautions are great but I will go to the Dr if things turn sideways at any point.
Are you taking baby aspirin? My Dr has suggested it but I'm not good at taking it every day.
Today my BP was 130/80 but she's still referring me to a blood pressure Dr to go to appointments on the side. Ugh...

I hear you. It's so frustrating, because I feel great. Baby is healthy. Also, my BP is usually great if I take it anywhere besides the Drs office. I didn't get preeclampsia with my son. It was just high bp and then Dr induced me at 39 weeks as a precaution. But I'm not allowing that this time. Sure, precautions are great but I will go to the Dr if things turn sideways at any point.
Are you taking baby aspirin? My Dr has suggested it but I'm not good at taking it every day.
Today my BP was 130/80 but she's still referring me to a blood pressure Dr to go to appointments on the side. Ugh...

Yes I’m taking baby aspirin! My BP at home is usually normal or at least 130/80 or under. At the office I get into the 140’s... but I have major major doctor anxiety. If I could have a home birth, I would!

They induced me at 40 weeks when my BP shot up to 160/105. They said I had pre-e, but I never had any protein or symptoms (no headaches, swelling, I felt perfect haha). But I agreed since my BP was so high.

I’m trying everything I can... relaxation, water, etc. Hope it stays down for you!

Hope it doesn't go up any more for you too!
Your situation sounds just like mine. I didn't get any protein in urine or vision problems, headaches, ECT either.
A home birth/midwife would be so great, but so ridiculously hard to get in Canada. If you can get one they are covered under health care the same as an obgyn though. If you could pay for one yourself, like in the States, I'm sure it would be easier to get one. The funding isn't very high for them here :(

Hiya...... I was away for a while and I couldn't handle being early pregnant with so many losses. 2 days til viability ☺️

Yay wantingagirl! So close to viability! I just reached that milestone as well.

Now I am excited to hit the 100 day mark!

Whoo congrats on everyone that's reached viability! So exciting! I can't believe how fast it's gone by.

So exciting! It's going by so slow, yet so fast. :haha: How is everyone doing?

We hit the viability milestone yesterday!

Baby is crazy active, wriggling and kicking away. Im loving every moment but I feel like I've been pregnant forever already! I really wish I could have been one of those people who found out at 3 or 4 months pregnant :haha:

We hit the viability milestone yesterday!

Baby is crazy active, wriggling and kicking away. Im loving every moment but I feel like I've been pregnant forever already! I really wish I could have been one of those people who found out at 3 or 4 months pregnant :haha:

I feel the same! It’s going so slow to me. I know I’ll probably regret saying that but that’s how it feels right now.

For some reason I only REALLY started feeling kicks the past week or so. Ultrasound estimated baby to be about a pound, so I take it she’s finally able to kick through my anterior placenta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->