March 2018 Babies

I had an anterior placenta with my first and I swore blind it made zero difference as I felt her from 18 weeks and we could see her moving on the outside from 24, I had nothing else to go on.

I've changed my mind since! :haha:
It definitely did make a difference I am feeling everything! From hiccups, to her rolling over etc. Things I didn't really feel with my first! We were also able to see and feel movements from the outside at 19 weeks this time! I can't believe how different it feels!

So I actually don't know whether my placenta is anterior or posterior. My OB didn't tell me. My husband thinks anterior based on what he saw on the ultrasound (he has some OB training, but definitely not an expert).

I have been feeling movement since 17 weeks. It is a lot more frequent now, but I still don't feel big kicks and my husband has only felt something from the outside twice. I'm not sure if we just have a fairly chill baby or I do have an anterior placenta making the kicks seem less intense.

Anyone else suffering from dry skin? Particularly on hands! I think a mix of the cold, me not drinking enough maybe and being pregnant my body is just overreacting :haha:

Anyone else suffering from dry skin? Particularly on hands! I think a mix of the cold, me not drinking enough maybe and being pregnant my body is just overreacting :haha:

My face is starting to get dry.
I think its from the dry heat. I live in the north with lake effect so the heat has been on for over a month now.

My skin has been ok, but I have had trouble with my nose drying out and nosebleeds. That has been annoying.

I have an anterior placenta and I'm feeling movement but only light grrrrrr last night my tummy did move a tiny bit cos of baby's position. It makes me so sad as this is probably my last and was the best bit 😭

wantingagirl I hope you get bigger movements soon. Mine are still small as well. I have had a few more noticeable ones/movements I could feel from the outside, but most are small and only on the inside. I'm sure at some point we'll be feeling lots of big kicks, we just have to be patient.

For me, I mostly want the movements to be more obvious for DH he has only managed to feel baby twice. I'll feel a good kick and tell him to feel, but then it's like baby is done after that.

I think this baby is less active than my son was... But I do feel movement at two ends of my belly like his head is hitting one end when he kicks his feet out. I think he's kinda tilted transverse but I feel hiccups down low. I think I feel feet under my right ribs and head above my left hip. Sometimes some knees or elbows in the center of my belly.

I'm so excited to see the differences/similarities my two kids will have as baby's/kids :)

wantingagirl I hope you get bigger movements soon. Mine are still small as well. I have had a few more noticeable ones/movements I could feel from the outside, but most are small and only on the inside. I'm sure at some point we'll be feeling lots of big kicks, we just have to

For me, I mostly want the movements to be more obvious for DH he has only managed to feel baby twice. I'll feel a good kick and tell him to feel, but then it's like baby is done after that.

My movements are pretty small as well, especially considering my husband felt kicks from 18 weeks with our first, and he still hasn’t felt much by now at 24!

Wnt2beAMom I'm very impressed that you can identify different body parts. I have no idea what I feel. A friend asked if I had felt hiccups yet and I have no idea. A few times I have felt several bumps in a row, but I don't have the slightest clue whether it was hiccups for or just several kicks (or elbow or knee jabs).

has anyone here been said to be "high risk"? unfortunately had a few scares with bleeding and was just in the hospital last week but they could find nothing that was causing the bleeding. I'm with a midwife and in Canada we can choose either midwifery care of to go with an OB. My midwife said they may transfer care for me since they OB at the hospital said i could be high risk now, i really want to stay with my midwife, the OB at the hospital was really rude so i'm not wanting her at all

has anyone here been said to be "high risk"? unfortunately had a few scares with bleeding and was just in the hospital last week but they could find nothing that was causing the bleeding. I'm with a midwife and in Canada we can choose either midwifery care of to go with an OB. My midwife said they may transfer care for me since they OB at the hospital said i could be high risk now, i really want to stay with my midwife, the OB at the hospital was really rude so i'm not wanting her at all

I was considered high risk initially due to a congenital heart defect, severe thyroid condition and a history of.several losses. I would see my midwives and OBGYN, a high risk OBGYN, a caridologist, a pediatric cardiologist and an endocrinologist. Once everyone cleared me, besides the endo, i was cleared and no longer high risk. (20 weeks). I am.now low risk. So unless something changes i went from.high to low.and will remain low.

Being high risk, for me, just met a few extra doctor visits and couple extra ultrasounds and blood work.

Oh no, I hope everything is okay for you.
So lucky you got a midwife though! What province are you in? I'm in Alberta and it's still so hard to get a midwife. I applied but none after been available :(

Wnt2beAMom I'm very impressed that you can identify different body parts. I have no idea what I feel. A friend asked if I had felt hiccups yet and I have no idea. A few times I have felt several bumps in a row, but I don't have the slightest clue whether it was hiccups for or just several kicks (or elbow or knee jabs).

I don't know if I can feel stuff better because of my muscle separation on my stomach from DS... Or baby is just strong. I think I felt distinct movements with my son at this stage though...

Mine didn't like my first choice, so I guess I'm bound to have wobbles!

Aww Katia-xO! Has baby been moving a lot?

Not at all, no. She doesn't move much and my placenta is anterior so even worse. I had a bit of a worrying scan on the 6th so stayed away from here but the consultant half cleared it up this week. No rescan needed apparently.

Mine doesn't like literally anything on my list. I have mega rage :haha: so we've agreed on one that he likes and I don't hate.

I'm having a crap time emotion wise, I'm struggling with a lot. We haven't announced on fb because we always wait for the 20 week scan, OH suggested we do it the 1st Dec and I said no because it's his work Christmas party that eve and he'll be mithered. I asked him last night if we should put it on whilst I was feeling ok about things and he said no :shrug: so it's still not on.

How is everyone doing? x

I hope everything is ok heaveneats! I was also going to ask where you are in Canada?
I'm in the US right now, but am from NS. I know women there can choose, but it is hard to get a midwife because there aren't very many in the province.

I do feel a lot of movement, but it is beyond me to discern what that movement is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->