March 2018 Babies

How is your blood pressure sevenofnine?
Mine is still good at home but goes higher at the drs office. I've also seen the BP dr she referred me to "just in case" and that dr said she thinks it's anxiety/white coat. So now my ob isn't really concerned when she sees it's up a bit at her appointments.... but we'll keep watching it.
I hope you pass the GD test. I fasted overnight instead of the 2-3 hours before the test like they say. That's what I did with my DS and passed. I passed this time too and iron levels are good for me. I didn't even know they were testing my iron..

Anyone having trouble sleeping? I feel like I just toss and turn so much and baby gets his head on one side of my pelvis and grinds it against the bone all night. Sometimes the side I'm sleeping on goes numb feeling too so I'm constantly switching sides.

I am constantly switching sides too, I'm really uncomfortable in bed. It's so frustrating as I feel like I'm not sleeping most nights!

How is your blood pressure sevenofnine?
Mine is still good at home but goes higher at the drs office. I've also seen the BP dr she referred me to "just in case" and that dr said she thinks it's anxiety/white coat. So now my ob isn't really concerned when she sees it's up a bit at her appointments.... but we'll keep watching it.
I hope you pass the GD test. I fasted overnight instead of the 2-3 hours before the test like they say. That's what I did with my DS and passed. I passed this time too and iron levels are good for me. I didn't even know they were testing my iron..

Anyone having trouble sleeping? I feel like I just toss and turn so much and baby gets his head on one side of my pelvis and grinds it against the bone all night. Sometimes the side I'm sleeping on goes numb feeling too so I'm constantly switching sides.

My pressures are mostly good (not great, but so far I’m still staying under 135/80, usually lower than that).

I definitely have anxiety issues at the doctor unfortunately as well, so my pressures are more like 145/80 at the doc.

That sounds awful about sleep! I’m not sleeping super well because I need to get up to pee at least 1x a night and then sometimes struggle to fall asleep again. Oh the joys of pregnancy!!

I’m glad to hear your consultant isn’t too concerned as of yet; that can make a world of difference with anxiety at the doc. The second they say something might be wrong, my BP raises!

I have my glucose test next thurs (didn’t have one with dd1 but as she was under 2.5kg born they want to check me this time)

And I have my first growth scan tomorrow for the same reason.

Did everyone have a nice Christmas? I now resemble a pig in a blanket and I don’t regret eating any of them!! :haha:

We had a pretty decent Christmas! My living room is still a mess, we've nowhere to put DDs crafty items and I don't trust her to have them in her room :haha:

I've just had my whooping cough jab, almost forgot about it, luckily I put it in my pregnancy app! Nothing now until next month!

We had a pretty decent Christmas! My living room is still a mess, we've nowhere to put DDs crafty items and I don't trust her to have them in her room :haha:

I've just had my whooping cough jab, almost forgot about it, luckily I put it in my pregnancy app! Nothing now until next month!

I've always wondered about pregnant women getting that vaccine. They don't offer it or prescribe it here in Canada...

I've always wondered about pregnant women getting that vaccine. They don't offer it or prescribe it here in Canada...

It’s not mandatory to get the vaccine here in the US, but many women opt to get it. I’ve never actually been offered it by my doctor/midwife in either pregnancy.

It's optional in the UK too. I figure they offer it for a reason so I took it, I had the flu vaccine too before Christmas!

Oh ok I understand now. I got the flu shot too but I guess my dr didn't suggest it...i just did it... will have to ask my dr about the whooping cough one at my next appointment. Thanks :)

Bought the cot (although won't be used until baby is 6 months+) and changing unit yesterday! We didn't have a changing unit for DD1, but decided to go for it this time round.
Not much left to get really.

I feel like we've got plenty of time to get it all, but when people ask the due date they act as if it's tomorrow :haha:

Bought the cot (although won't be used until baby is 6 months+) and changing unit yesterday! We didn't have a changing unit for DD1, but decided to go for it this time round.
Not much left to get really.

I feel like we've got plenty of time to get it all, but when people ask the due date they act as if it's tomorrow :haha:

I was dumb and got rid of most of my baby stuff... grrr! I was NOT expecting to get pregnant again! And like you, there’s one or two things I’ve opted to get this time that I didn’t last time! “Luxury” items :haha: (Not really, but I didn’t have them the first time around!)

Failed the 1-hour test yesterday for GD, so it’s not looking great for gestational diabetes. Add that to my high blood pressure and I’m a walking complication. :cry:

Annoying too as I’m normal weight and healthy, but it goes to show it doesn’t always matter.

Sorry to hear that Sevenofnine :(
Maybe the 3hr test will be better.
I want more "luxury" items with this baby too... We bought a 2nd hand diaper Genie this time. Hehe :)

Had a chiropractor adjustment yesterday. I feel so much better now!

Is anyone here trying for a vbac?! I'm stressing mostly about baby's position as my son was posterior and got stuck transverse as he tried to turn without my bag of water... Which they popped (induction :( ). I'm thinking this baby is anterior though... Definitely head down though.

Sorry about the test sevenofnine. It really doesn't matter, does it. My husband kept telling me there was no way I had GD, but I kept saying it can always crop up even without any risk factors. Hopefully you'll pass the 3hr test and if not a lot of people are able to manage it by following a strict diet.

We have very few baby items. People keep talking about having a shower for us, but nothing has officially been planned yet. I'm starting to get worried we'll be buying everything ourselves, which I know is our responsibility anyway, but I had been hopeful for some help. Our finances will increase dramatically after my husband finishes his training and starts his full salary job in August/September, but until then things are tight. I'm thinking any baby clothes we buy will be used for sure and anything else I can get second hand I will.

We actually borrowed most of our stuff with our first son. Then gave it back and lost contact with the person.
Luckily my SIL had a baby last year and now we're borrowing their stuff! Haha
I am pretty cheap...

I totally sympathize with you ladies that failed the 1 hour test and now have to do the extended. It happened to me with my first and this baby #3 I just did it this week on Thursday felt like crap after and puked when I got home ugh.. anyways I passed it and my midwife said it's common to fail 1 hour as it's often not enough time to get the glucose digested so I hope everyone passes :) I hope you all had a good Christmas!

I'm finding it hard to prep for this baby as we don't have the room set up per say because it will depend on gender if it's a girl we will move my daughter to the big room and baby will have hers if it's a boy then we are shuffling all 3 kids I think. Plus I kept all my baby clothes so I've gone through the baby boxes of girl stuff but not boy yet... that's a whole other task that I wish I didn't have to do. I also have no where to put the clothes because the room hasn't been started ARGH thinking I may just open the envelope with the gender in it dh wants to but I'm torn

I totally sympathize with you ladies that failed the 1 hour test and now have to do the extended. It happened to me with my first and this baby #3 I just did it this week on Thursday felt like crap after and puked when I got home ugh.. anyways I passed it and my midwife said it's common to fail 1 hour as it's often not enough time to get the glucose digested so I hope everyone passes :) I hope you all had a good Christmas!

I'm finding it hard to prep for this baby as we don't have the room set up per say because it will depend on gender if it's a girl we will move my daughter to the big room and baby will have hers if it's a boy then we are shuffling all 3 kids I think. Plus I kept all my baby clothes so I've gone through the baby boxes of girl stuff but not boy yet... that's a whole other task that I wish I didn't have to do. I also have no where to put the clothes because the room hasn't been started ARGH thinking I may just open the envelope with the gender in it dh wants to but I'm torn

You've gone this far not knowing the sex! I would keep waiting if you can. Baby will be in your room for the first while anyways right?! :)
I also remember my son didn't wear many clothes at first. So much skin to skin and just those dress-like sleepers (gender neutral) to make the numerous diaper changes easier...
Totally just my opinion though... I know how anxious it can feel not feeling "ready"!

We were totally unprepared for DD1. I mean we had everything but hadn't set it up when she was born!! Her first night was spent in a moses basket with no stand (we got home from the hospital same day she was born but it was super late and we were exhausted!). I'm going to make sure everything is set by 37 weeks this time! :haha:

P.s happy new year!! We're having our babies this year 😊

Happy New Year everyone!

heaveneats we don't know if we're having a boy or girl either. We aren't bothering to set up a room though so that makes it easier. As soon as my husband finishes his his residency we are moving across the country so we're just going to keep baby in our room until then (about 4 months).

We will likely borrow some clothes and things from friends. We have two friends in the area who just had babies. We won't be able to borrow anything else though because a) they'll still be using most stuff and b) we'll be leaving not long after. I'm sure we'll figure it out!

I’m on antibiotics at the moment so hopefully I’ll feel some sort of normal soon and I can get organised. I’m finding I’m buying stuff I know I’ll actually use and love this time so should be fine lol.

Oh no, sorry to hear about the glucose test sevenofnine. Hopefully you pass the 3hr one!

Don’t cave heaveneats! :) There are plenty of ways to prepare without doing the room they’ll be in later on.

Happy new year ladies :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->