March 2018 Babies

My bags are mostly packed I wanna pick up some hard candy and some snack to throw in there. I also will have a few other clothing items to throw in

I registered for an amazing bag, but it is pricey so no one has bought it. We get a discount on anything we registered for so I'm trying to decide if it is worth buying ourselves at the discounted price. My friend has the same one and highly recommends it so I'm tempted, but money (sigh).

Originally I was just going to get a plain black messenger style bag as by the time DD1 was 18 months old we'd swapped to a kid's backpack! We saw this one while out today, it's basically the same colour as the pram we're going for and was cheaper than the messenger style one I'd seen so thought why not!? It's a little bigger but oh well. I'll be packing it tomorrow with baby's things for the hospital.

I didn't even think about packing baby's hospital bag! I mean, I thought about a going home outfit, but that was it. I really need to sit down and make a list of what needs to be packed. I should probably do that soon before I get too close to the due date and can't think straight anymore.

Anyone have tips on useful things to pack (for me or baby)?

Karoolia, I've found a lot of YouTube videos or Pinterest articles can give you ideas on what to pack.
However, the hospital does provide a lot!! Like pads and some toiletry samples for you...diapers, wipes, a hat and samples for baby too. I'm not sure if you can take the blanket that they wrap baby in though...

I over-packed with my first! I had a full size suitcase (not a carry-on size...packed full almost couldn't zip it up!! Haha! But I had a boppi pillow in there too...

I just finally made a list of things I think I should pack...just need to pack it now...lol

My hospital didnt provide nearly enough of stuff and i underpacked my hospital bag. They didnt provide nappies or maternity pads, nothing for sore nipples (if breastfeeding). I had to send hubby away to go buy more stuff as i didnt expect to go through my supply so quickly and for the hospital to have nothing. I was there for 2 nights. Oh and my Hospital had microwaves so would be good to take a frozen meal and snacks outside of normal feeding time and for hubby. I didnt use any of the books or music or anything really during labour except focus on what was happening. This time im hoping to have a more useful bag.

I know our hospital gives lots of diapers and a few really basic clothing items for baby. They actually recommend we only bring something for baby to go home in, that way they don't have to worry about messing up our nice clothes when they come in to do tests on baby. They also give every baby a hat, a blanket, a thermometer, hair comb, and some wipes. They have some disposable absorbent underwear things for moms too as well as some basic toiletries, but I'm going to bring my own anyway.

My room will have a microwave and fridge so we'll definitely bring snacks. I was thinking of taking a speaker to play music. All the rooms are private so I wouldn't be bothering anyone.

I’m getting really anxious about constant visitors and stress. I don’t want to feel the same as last time :( breastfeeding didn’t go well due to it either.
Anyone else?

I’m getting really anxious about constant visitors and stress. I don’t want to feel the same as last time :( breastfeeding didn’t go well due to it either.
Anyone else?

I HATED when people came to visit with DD1. It doesn't matter how long they stayed, I always got so hot and couldn't wait for them to leave.

You could just request no visitors. Or if you really think people won't listen ask your hospital not to let them see you. At my hospital you can actually ask to be unlisted so if someone calls or visits and asks to see you they will say you aren't on their records.

You could just request no visitors. Or if you really think people won't listen ask your hospital not to let them see you. At my hospital you can actually ask to be unlisted so if someone calls or visits and asks to see you they will say you aren't on their records.

It wasn't at the hospital for me, we were in and out in the same day. It was at home that I hated it!

Sounds like a great hospital you have Karoolia!

Katia, I totally remember hating visitors in the early days, but hadn't thought about it yet this time around. It's a very vulnerable time as a new mother! I had a good cry while my dad was visiting because we had just had a health nurse do a home visit and she thought my son wasn't getting enough milk... And my dad to this day reminds me constantly about how upset I was when he was visiting! It's so hard for visitors to understand...

I'm not sure how it will be having a 2nd child... Maybe they will have better etiquette...
The best thing I found visitors could do was bring food. Like actual "use my kitchen and cook it here meal" for everyone. Then clean the dishes... Haha!

How is everyone? What, if anything has everyone got left to do?

I still have to put a bag together. I picked up some comfy pants to wear in the hospital after delivery. I should just pack them, but they're so comfy I keep wearing them around the house haha.

We also still have to pick up a few things for the baby. Our relatives decided they want to look at our registry and buy us a few things so we are waiting until they do that. We did get all the baby clothes washed, folded and put away. I feel pretty good about having that done.

I put my new comfy jogging bottoms in my bag as soon as I bought them, I plan on buying another pair next time I'm out and about to wear now :haha:

I've almost finished our bags, I just need to pack DD1s bag to go with her when I go in labour, and another bag to keep in the car just incase I have to stay longer than I want (I would like to come home ASAP). I don't want to drag it all in unless necessary

I have a pretty big to-do list haha...
Just organized and had my son's 3rd birthday party and I have two more weeks left of work. Then I plan to check off more things from my list.

i finally got all the boy clothes washed, so now i've pulled apart my basement and have both genders washed and shoved into a closet for now :p my baby bag is packed with clothes but i still need to pick up some small things of baby shampoo and diaper cream etc.. i 'll have to get little diapers as well. My bag has nothing packed lol

i had my last ultrasound last night, baby is head down YAY! and was moving lots, measuring at 5.8 pounds and 36 weeks (so a few weeks ahead) so a bit big but they said that could change. I was also cleared by the OBGYN for my VBAC he said he was happy with that and it offers less risk then if i were to do another c section

Glad it’s not just me! I feel physically sick when I think of it. Last time around I lived with OH at the in laws though so thank the lord now that no matter how much they want to come round it’s going to be nowhere near as bad as that was!

They’d just invite/let people in and say “but it’s my house so they can come in” and after a while of them respecting none of my boundaries I just started being rude and went upstairs with the baby to avoid it. Made me an awful person lol.

How is everyone? What, if anything has everyone got left to do?

I’ve just got to get my stuff together :haha: I have most of the basics I just need to set it all up I think! Will build the crib in the next few wks and move things around the bedroom to accommodate it. Got everything for our bags so need to put them all together soon.

Amazon prime will be my best buddy if I forget anything so I’m trying not to stress about missing anything.

Oh lord Katia-xO, I couldn't imagine how irritating that must have been. I probably would have done the same tbh.

Hi everyone!

Katia-Xo I was the exact same living with the in laws and it was such a stressful time. I don’t look back with fond memories at all which is making me all the more anxious for baby no2 arriving. Even though this time we are in a completely different position and have our own home with plenty of space for the new baby plus DS1.

I have packed babies bag and it’s ready to go. Just got clothes for me to come home in to go in my bag and last minute things like a charger.

I’ve been super organised this time as DS1 was 5 weeks early and we didn’t have as much as a bottle or Moses basket 🙈 OH had to leave the hospital while I was in labour as I was totally flapping lol

Peanut x

I've packed most things, just need maternity bra and pants, a few maternity leggings and tops and a few normal ones. Normal pants, some makeup and baby's going home outfit. My hospital provides everything for baby.

I'll get hubby to buy some juice fruit water, mags etc when I'm in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->