March 2018 Babies

Is it ok if I join? I've held off joining the main groups to see how things progresses but so far so good. EDD is 14 march :)

Welcome kiwi!

Nice to see you over here Maryanne :)

my gp has now prescribed me prochlorperazine for nauseabased on my anxiousness about my previous pregnancy so hopefully I will feel a bit better now. I've only thrown up twice but I'm terrified

Hi everyone! I'm not 100% sure of my dates, but it seems like my EDD is March 12th. So far not much going on... sore bbs, a little more hungry, a bit bloated, but that's it! I'm not very far along, though, so we'll see as it progresses.

Welcome to all the new mommas!

I'm 6 weeks today! Still feels like everything is dragging, but I did get my first appointment for next Wednesday so I'm excited about that. I asked my MIL to watch my boys during the appointment, which I told her something completely different, and she offered to just come with and wait in the lobby. Uh. Okay, she'll definitely know what it's for then!

Every night I feel nauseous, crazy that it's mostly at night. And I'm still getting crazy mood swings - sorry hubby haha

my gp has now prescribed me prochlorperazine for nauseabased on my anxiousness about my previous pregnancy so hopefully I will feel a bit better now. I've only thrown up twice but I'm terrified

I hope it works for you.

Ive thrown up 5x yesterday. The unisome and b6 isnt touching. Called in to the nurse today to see about real antinausea meds. Waiting a call back.
Feel better.

Anti sickness meds for me tomorrow too. Struggling to keep down anything and I literally don't want to eat anything. I feel sick 24/7. Although I've noticed it's much worse in the evenings and at night. I was hoping to avoid hg again this time but looking unlikely.

I've also got to the stage where I really don't want to be around my DH. For some unknown reason every first tri i just don't want to be near him. Everything he says irritates me. I feel so bad because normally we are inseparable. I know it will pass and I know he was expecting it again but i wish I could stop it.

I've still got to phone my surgery to find out if I need to see a doctor before I can make a midwife appointment, or if I can self refer myself. I'm planning on phoning next Monday as from what I remember they see you from 8 weeks, so plenty of time!

I know it's mad but I kind wish I had morning sickness atm, I don't feel pregnant

I've still got to phone my surgery to find out if I need to see a doctor before I can make a midwife appointment, or if I can self refer myself. I'm planning on phoning next Monday as from what I remember they see you from 8 weeks, so plenty of time!

I know it's mad but I kind wish I had morning sickness atm, I don't feel pregnant

I don't feel pregnant either... but I believe that my morning sickness kicked in on week 7 last time. Isn't it strange how you can be pregnant and still feel (fairly) normal??

I know, it's hard to believe I am pregnant!

From what I remember I was around 8-9 weeks when I started to get sickness last time. I wish I hadn't tested so early now!

Ugh id give anything to feel that way.
I finally held down my fiest meal in the last three days. Doc called me in Zofran which takes the edge off. Still a little nasuous but able to keep stuff down. The next issue ill have tho is thay insurance would only cover 18 tabs for 21 days...doesnt work out too well when doc wanted me on jt 2x per day for the next month. Im nervous that i only have 9 dyas worth =/

I'm sorry you are feeling so sick guppy. I have had a few days of nausea, but not vomiting. I am still in the give me all the symptoms camp, but after feeling sick for a few days I can certainly understand how it really isn't fun. Hopefully it doesn't last long so you. How far along are you? 6 weeks?

Why wouldn't your insurance cover it longer or more then that? Seems crazy that it would only be for 18 days! I hate insurance sometimes.

I'd give anything for a day of not feeling like this. 3am and I want to vomit but it's just stomach acid

Mushymilk- no idea. I think its ludacris that insurance companies override what a doctor believes a patient needs. I had the same exact issue with DDs pregnancy. I had a different insurance provider then too. I ended up having to pay $120 a month to get what i needed.

Koolia- i am 6+1 today. Or at least thats what im told until my scan on tuesday. If im not 6 weeks, theb im actually moee like 10. Ita really unknown right now due to the surgery and EP a few months ago. I actually threw up when i was 2 weeks which doesnt make any sense whatsoever. So idk if im actuqlly further along or if im just rediculously prone to ms bc of my HG history.

Wow, Guppy! I didn't realize there could be such a discrepancy! Make sure you update us. I actually wouldn't mind finding out I'm further along, I would love to get to skip most of the first tri nervousness. I'm sure it's not fun not knowing for sure though.

As for insurance. It drives DH and I nuts. We're from Canada so used to a very different health care system. We do need insurance for drugs there, but other than capping how many refills you get before a new prescription is needed I've never noticed that making a difference. DH is here in the US doing his residency and he finds it really frustrating when he knows a patient needs a certain treatment, but insurance won't pay unless the patient tries something else first or if it isn't covered at all. He has people refusing things because it isn't covered. It is hard for him because then he basically has to treat them some other, less effective way. Very few of his patients will take on an extra cost though, which I completely understand, it's just tough for him and them!

So sorry they won't cover your meds guppy. That must be awful. I just picked up my meds today, trying cyclizine first but will move on to something stronger should I need it. Used zofran in my other pregnancies which did help take the edge of the hg. As much as I moan about the NHS it's reading stories like yours that make me realise that I shouldn't moan and I should be more grateful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->