march/April babies?

Oh yeah I see you are in Essex, I don't know of anyone in the UK that's been thrown a baby shower.

Iv craved oranges and orange juice since 1st trimester :)

My mom keeps joking says she is going to be ginger....which I wouldn't mind, but hubby has afro hair, a ginger afro is not so great haha.

Every pregnant woman everywhere needs to see that video...sooo funny lol.

:hi: hi all, mind if I join?

I'v only just spotted this thread :dohh: I'm due my second little boy on 13th March but having an elective section on the 5th at 38+6. DS1 is 3 years old, there will be almost exactly 3 years 3 months between my 2 boys.

Hi:flower:

Im having an elective section too. Hope you dont mind me asking if you are getting it at 38+6 for a reason or is around then the norm? My appt with my consultant is not until 15 feb so wont get a date until then. I want to know now :haha:

you guys are lucky to know, iv been told mine wont be booked till my 34 week appointment :/

:( i started typing alot there and i must have his wrong key :( not good need to remember what i typed now...

We dont get baby showers over here which i wish we did but then again we're all strapped for cash here :( Glad to have more or less everything now. just need the thing for the bath to check it right temp lol got my breast pump on offer from tesco :) really dont need any more clothes. Ive only got new born nappies just now hopefully she aint going to be an 8 pounder like my neice but we'll not know until after lol so might have to buy next size up to. Oh one thing i wont run out of is baby bottles lol im breastfeeding but hoping to bottle feed when out places so i may just leave few bottle at mums/ her other nana's incase i have none spare when i got here lol.

That video was so funny i do agree everyone should see it lol feel much better about myself now lol.

Oh im not 30 weeks :) but i have reallly really sore nipples :( not sure whats going on there had to whip out some cream soon as i got it :( xxx

Cherrybump - we are in the UK! Our friends were just desperate to organise one, all we knew was the date the rest was a total surprise, was amazing. We didn't ask for or expect gifts, we got lots of lovely things but not like in the US where they do registers for the big items we got lots of little things - clothes, nappies, toiletries that sort of thing. Our closest friends got us our highchair which we totally weren't expecting!

It was less about the gifts and more about having all our Girly friends together to get excited about the birth of our baby, play games and eat yummy food

Here's some photos for inspiration but seriously doesn't need to be about the gifts and cost a fortune like it does in America! We had loads of food like party snack food, cheese on sticks, sandwiches, crisps and our friend made a cake, we had a chocolate fountain (one of our friends owns it) and had fruit to dip....soft drinks, orange juice etc. it was at our house so no venue cost, some decorations balloons and banners.

https://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy202/katy_robert/44C131D5-1C5C-47A2-8C29-61AD8A400F28-1048-00000102FC717926.jpg

https://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy202/katy_robert/5446EAD8-22A5-420A-9239-38FF363C9542-1048-00000102F24D9AB1.jpg

https://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy202/katy_robert/C8F04828-5F84-43DB-8F0A-8F65AF355867-1048-00000102F6DA0A06.jpg

https://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy202/katy_robert/9127E7DF-9427-4101-BEA2-82FE7A742D94-1048-00000102F8E317C8.jpg

https://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy202/katy_robert/15D7C079-FBED-4A26-ACD8-13EDF273C2C6-1048-00000102FAC372DC.jpg

Hi:flower:

Im having an elective section too. Hope you dont mind me asking if you are getting it at 38+6 for a reason or is around then the norm? My appt with my consultant is not until 15 feb so wont get a date until then. I want to know now :haha:

its just around the norm hun :thumbup: they like to do it at 39 weeks but only do electives on tuesdays and thursdays. consultant gave me the choice so i chose the tuesday so i can be home for the weekend.

i see my consultant every 4 weeks so we booked it after my 32 week growth scan. I see him again on 14th after my 36 week scan. wow jenny, thats a bit late... saying that though i was 32 weeks and dont see him again till 36 weeks.

mummypony that looked like such fun.

cherry - i would deff buy at least one pack of the next size just incase :thumbup:

vidal - so so jelous of your scan!

x

Aw wow mummypony! I'd have loved a baby shower for the same reason, so my friends could actually celebrate our baby! Been feeling a bit poop about friendships and things at the mo as I seem to have become a lepor (particularly with one of my closest friends). It would have been nice to have that to reassure that my friends do care about us having a baby :-(
But alas I don't think many of them are very excited (all my friends don't have children so I think they look at me as if I have changed a dynamic and how dare I do that lol!).

On the other hand, other friendships I have found getting stronger, some people that I was more acquaintances with I have become closer to coz they are pregnant or new mums so its not all bad!

I love the little body suits you got though, they are so cute!!

Aw wow mummypony! I'd have loved a baby shower for the same reason, so my friends could actually celebrate our baby! Been feeling a bit poop about friendships and things at the mo as I seem to have become a lepor (particularly with one of my closest friends). It would have been nice to have that to reassure that my friends do care about us having a baby :-(
But alas I don't think many of them are very excited (all my friends don't have children so I think they look at me as if I have changed a dynamic and how dare I do that lol!).

On the other hand, other friendships I have found getting stronger, some people that I was more acquaintances with I have become closer to coz they are pregnant or new mums so its not all bad!

I love the little body suits you got though, they are so cute!!

I'm sorry about your friends, its so sad when friendships drift like that, only one of our friends there (13 in total) has children but the rest are ridiculously excited.

The body suits were ones we painted at the shower, was a lovely idea as we can keep them forever

Thanks sethsmum. Jenny I will be 34 weeks when I get my date too.

Bailey I found I drifted from my friends after I had DS1 but did make some new mummy friends. :flower:

I've even found friends with kids who I've supported have drifted lately. I think some people just struggle with any change.

ooo your party looks fun:). I agree its about spending time with friends and having a laugh to. I dont see none of my friends much since ive left school. All of them have kids and im the last one out of them all lol and im the single mum to be also which i dont mind really. But would have been nice to think i was in a stable relationshop bring this baby into the world. I will have Ryan helping me out which is the main thing.

I do hope to see my friends bit more over the next year as im taking a year out from work.

Have any you ladies wrote up your birthing plan yet. I've just started mines i just hope ive put enough on there and not over done it lol. my midwife said i'd pick bits up with i go to these parenting classes but thats not until march lol i could probably go early aswell so i just jogged few things down incase. Just curious to know what you guys have put or will put? x

with me having a section mine is pretty basic

-husband is to be present at all times
-spinal anesthetic
-Disovable stitches please
-NATURAL SECTION
-Drape is to be dropped as baby is slowly being stepped out
-once baby is out he is to be lifted to i can be the first to see him
-delayed cord clamping for at least 1/2 minutes
-leave enough cord for dad to cut the cord
-baby NOT to be taken away unless completely necessary in which case i want to see them first and dh is to accompany him
-Vitamin K via injection
-Would like skin to skin as soon as possible
-Would like to breast feed in recovery room
-Would like help to be up on my feet asap after feeling my legs
- once on ward baby is not to be taken out of the room unless it is completely necessary, any procedures must be done with either parent present
- Baby will have either BREAST or BOTTLE only..NO CUP feeding.
- Would like to try breast feeding but will stop and use formula if i at all feel i want to and will not be pressured by staff to do otherwise

Thanks ladies, I knew that friendships would change but honestly I was surprised at which friends have drifted and which friends have actually been more supportive than I expected! I'm sure it must be a pain for my friends who don't have kids to adapt to the change.

Where did your friend get the stuff for the paint your own sleepsuits mummypony? Was it a kit or did someone just get plain sleepsuits and clothing/fabric paint? Would love to do some for my little one!

Cherry - I haven't written anything down yet but have told my mum and df (who will both be birthing partners) what I would like and what I definately do not want. Mines pretty open plan though, I'm not gonna go into it thinking it will all go the way I would like but I do know I definately don't want pethidine at any point. That's pretty much all I'm bothered about but would prefer a water birth with just gas and air and I have a tens machine to use in the early stages.
Saying all that my little monkey is currently breech so if she doesn't move I'll be scheduling a c section anyway!!

And now I've just read all that of yours sethsmummy and now thinking that yes I should write some things down lol!!

Hey Im just wondering why you ask for the cord not to be clamped or cut for 1-2 minutes after birth? Im sorry if I sound rude for asking. xx

Lol Thanks guys both have helped a bit. Im not scheduled for a c section and hopefully i dont need to get one as thats a huge fear factor for me i think. i put i dont wont the epic either i would much prefer just gas and air. I would love to try the water birth to as ive heard good things about it but for my first i wanna be brave enough to go natural as possible. My sister had morphine to help with pain so i think if i really need anything else i would ask for that instead. I would like my mum and Ryan to be in the room and if my mum aint there just Ryan as if not to comfortable having his mum in there lol. Must add that part on my plan.

I did do a search on here for birth plans to see what other people put so i got a good idea what to write down :) xxx

Hey Im just wondering why you ask for the cord not to be clamped or cut for 1-2 minutes after birth? Im sorry if I sound rude for asking. xx

It's better for baby hun. As they are receiving 2 forms of oxygen when they come out and also getting more blood. I would love to wait for it to stop pulsing so that baby has his full blood volume but they cant do that in theatre as they need to get the wound closed up. 3 minutes is what i want but will be happy with any amount of delaying. Its also not as rude an awakening for baby as the oxygen supply they are used to is not cut off, hense why some babies who have delayed cord clamping don't cry as quick.

hehe Bailey, I knew from word go i wanted a birth plan for my section too. Things went so wrong with ds1's birth that i want this one perfect.. hense why i opted for an ELCS instead of trying another natural birth. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->