march/April babies?

there was pretty rude of that guy. I think i would have punch him and then walk away. Good on you though for not letting him get to you hun xx

There's a woman at work who has taken to calling me 'fatty'. I barely know her and it does annoy me. Everyone else is horrified when they hear her say it but she thinks she's hilarious. I think she is just an idiot, but she is also someone I barely know and I know she doesn't mean it meanly, so I just think it's not worth stressing about.

I truly think that people are trying to be funny. They figure that it won't be defensive because we have a reason to gain weight! You would never hear any of them make fun of a women's weight when she is not pregnant!!!

I have a lady at work that always call me Portabelly. She thinks its hilarious. Personally I just don't get it :wacko:. I don't think it's clever or funny but she seems to like saying it! Whatever!

When the comments get too much, I usually say: hey, in 10 weeks I will be loosing 12lbs in 1 day! How about you :shock:?
That usually puts things back into perspective for the person saying it! Guess they don't like to be called fat, so why would we ?? :growlmad:

Thanks ladies, OMG the same lady proceeded to tell everyone she is 12 weeks pregnant and how she hopes she doesnt get as MASSIVE as me!!!! She then said this was because i look like a weeble :cry::nope:

MummyPony thanks hun :hugs: i feel for your wife as i have also had this comment a lot :( i dont understand why people keep doing it :nope: ...its like the more i let them know it upsets me the more they do it :shrug: such odd behaviour :shrug:

Oh Plastik you are so good being proud, i feel like that enjoying the pregnancy and enjoying my belly growing is being taken away from me by these comments and i find myself wishing the weeks away rather than enjoying this special time :cry:

Thanks Cherry, i know, they dont seem to think there is anything wrong with it :shrug: i just dont get it :shrug:

Snoopee thats outrageous! Sounds like he just wanted to upset you for some reason :shrug: i agree some people really are dickheads :haha: and deserve a kick in the balls / vajayjay for being so mean to prego women :thumbup:

Oh wow Mrs Bump how rude is that woman at work :growlmad: i dont know the lady at my work very well either and to me it just makes it all the more upsetting :dohh:

Steph, i know what you mean, its like some kind of red rag to anyone who has ever wanted to comment on someones weight but held it in,...as if we wouldnt mind!! :growlmad: unfortunately the lady that comments the most is super skinny so i cant get my own back :dohh:

Omg smanderson what a bitch that lady is!!! I was gettong fed up with the .. wow youre huge... comments and... are you sure there is only one in there?... my brother calls me fatty.. hes a cheeky git! You know what this means now though dont you hun? PAYBACK!!! When she is moaning about beng pregnant call her a wimp or something and make fun of how big her bump is. That might teach her to be such an insensitive cow xxxx

People do just see it as a get of jail free card, like all of a sudden they can say fat jokes because technically your not fat - they just don't see that they are still hurtful! :grr: I have one friend who says it at work but I let him off and besides I can make remarks that he is getting old or bald or something as I know it winds him up. Other people who have nothing to do with you or barely a relationship, it's uncalled for. Especially when she is saying she doesn't want to get so big - what do people think happens in pregnancy?! Just remind her of that if she says anything again - like 'jokingly' your turn next!

This may sound horrible, but when people are like that, I always wish them a horrible pregnancy :blush:. I hope this lady gains lots of weight, so you can make fun of her!!!

I think it happens to everyone who's pregnant, I've been told by so many people how big I am etc, and most of the time I know they are well meaning and don't think of it as offensive (usually its along the lines of "I feel sorry for you coz you are big enough already!!"). I also have one person who calls me a fat cow and a far bitch when I'm eating what I want to eat (cakes etc) and she's munching a salad. And I've realised it's all jealousy. People like that are jealous of what we have, whether that be a baby or simply just a reason not to be on a diet like they are!! I have since found out that this person actually weighs more than I currently do (and I was a size 14 before I got pregnant so I'm not a skinny minny) so for all the "fat cow" comments it's really coz she hates the fact that I weigh less than her despite being 7 months pregnant!!
I agree with the reply Steph gave and I have used it myself "it's all fine coz in April I will be losing almost a stone in one day" lol, should see people's faces when you say that one to them! Don't let them get to you ladies, they're all just jealous or just plain stupid lol!!

Smanderson that is so awful :hugs: my mum keeps implying (not outright saying...just little things here and there) that I am massive :( then when I challenge her about it she says "I never said you were huge!" Which is technically true, but I am smart enough to get the little bits like "oh this baby is going to be a big one!" :cry: she has me absolutely paranoid.

I know exactly what you guys mean. As happy and proud as I am to have a beautiful big belly, I really am worried about my weight gain. I had a normal BMI before I got pg, but was about 4kg heavier than I like to be. Needless to say any idea of dieting to lose the weight went out the window when I got my :bfp: !!

I've still got 9 weeks to go and I've already put on a lot of weight. As much as I was hoping to put on for the whole pregnancy :cry: My DH is a bit obsessed with his weight at the moment and weighs himself morning and night, and always tells me how he's losing. He doesn't need to lose at all, his body is gorgeous, but he's doing it because he's really getting into mountain biking and if he's lighter its easier to cycle over longer distances. I know he isn't doing it on purpose to get at me, but I am starting to get a it panicky. I fell like he's doing so well and I've already failed because I'm over my target weight already with weeks still to go.

Think he'll be ok if I tell him I'm starting to get paranoid about it and I don't want to hear anything about weight? Thing is he's so proud of himself (and I am of him too) that I don't want him to feel bad for looking after himself of wanting to tell me about how he's doing. *sigh* Really want to just enjoy this last stretch of pregnancy without worrying about how much bloody weight I've gained. :cry:

Thanks UKgirl, i think she is a bitch too LOL and i agree Payback is going to be the best :thumbup: I think like Kte says im going to laugh next time she says it and tell her its only a matter of weeks and she will be the same and tell her how she will have people calling her awful things such as a weeble and see how she reacts LOL

Thanks for this link Cherry, this is now my favourite ever video!! I have watched it three times already LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10FFcbZPfH4

LOL Steph i do hope she gets massive and people call her a weeble too!!! AND i hope her baby wont let her sleep in the night :haha:

Bailey, i dunno loads of my friends and family have said they never had it :blush: makes me wonder if im super duper fat or if people just think they can get away with it with me :shrug: LOL thats fantastic that she is jealous of you and go you weighing less at 7 months prego!! The lady taunting me is super skinny and prego so i dont think its jealousy i think she just cant understand why im not hiding my big bump :shrug:

Thanks doggy, i know how your feeling, i cant help but worry that i really am too big but i get so confused cos when i see bump pics on here i feel like maybe im normal :shrug: wish people would let us be so we can enjoy the last weeks of pregnancy :hugs:

Ohh plastik im sure he will understand hun, talk about bad timing losing while you cant help but put on :dohh: trust me, watch the video on the link and it will cheer you up and hopefully if you tell your hubby about how your feeling he will support you and not keep telling you of his loss :flower:

xxxx

I feel huge for how far along I am. Im all belly but there is a looott of belly. I've been lucky enough to have friends and clients around me that tell me that the belly looks cute and that I look great. My DH will comment every once in a while how huge I am lol but then he quickly sayes that he doesn't mean it in a bad way, that I look beautiful. But overall its still hard not to be self conscious all the time.

On the other hand what have you guys been craving?
The past few days I've been eating: baby carrots and southwest ranch veggie dip, honey roasted peanuts, fruit and berries and mmm today peanut brittle =D nom nom

I'm not really craving anything. I'm over drinking milk so i guess my baby need the extra calcium lol And orange juice. Every now and then i feel like i need something orange like lol .

I'm off to my friends twins girls 3rd birthday today. As it's my 25th and i have nothing planned lol currently sitting on the couch watching saturday kitchen and cursing the council :(.. They will get a ear fill from me on monday until today im going to enjoy my peace and quite. No Ryan to clean up after Hoorah then oh to this little party for 2pm :) lol

Thanks UKgirl, i think she is a bitch too LOL and i agree Payback is going to be the best :thumbup: I think like Kte says im going to laugh next time she says it and tell her its only a matter of weeks and she will be the same and tell her how she will have people calling her awful things such as a weeble and see how she reacts LOL

Thanks for this link Cherry, this is now my favourite ever video!! I have watched it three times already LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10FFcbZPfH4

LOL Steph i do hope she gets massive and people call her a weeble too!!! AND i hope her baby wont let her sleep in the night :haha:

Bailey, i dunno loads of my friends and family have said they never had it :blush: makes me wonder if im super duper fat or if people just think they can get away with it with me :shrug: LOL thats fantastic that she is jealous of you and go you weighing less at 7 months prego!! The lady taunting me is super skinny and prego so i dont think its jealousy i think she just cant understand why im not hiding my big bump :shrug:

Thanks doggy, i know how your feeling, i cant help but worry that i really am too big but i get so confused cos when i see bump pics on here i feel like maybe im normal :shrug: wish people would let us be so we can enjoy the last weeks of pregnancy :hugs:

Ohh plastik im sure he will understand hun, talk about bad timing losing while you cant help but put on :dohh: trust me, watch the video on the link and it will cheer you up and hopefully if you tell your hubby about how your feeling he will support you and not keep telling you of his loss :flower:

xxxx

No problem hun its was Jenny who tagged me in it on facebook lol. I couldnt stop laughing lol xxx

:hi: hi all, mind if I join?

I'v only just spotted this thread :dohh: I'm due my second little boy on 13th March but having an elective section on the 5th at 38+6. DS1 is 3 years old, there will be almost exactly 3 years 3 months between my 2 boys.

Hi sethsmummy :hi: Your little boy is so cute!

As for cravings for me I have actually gone off food! Not like an aversion to everything, but since beginning of second tri I've just not had an appetite! Think thats why I havent put on much weight, think I've managed to lose the excess weight I had before pregnancy and just gained the bump!!
The one thing I do still eat though that I never really did before pregnancy is chocolate and cakes!! I dont eat a great deal but beforehand I never ate them at all!

Oh but I do have a think for whole milk this week so maybe my baby is wanting extra calcium too!

It's crazy this milk thing ive just gone through 2 litres lol one litre myself and the other bottle shared between me and ryan im now on my third :s

Also bought those little oranges lol had 5 of them today. well ive had my 5 a day today haha lol. Also shared my birthday with my friends twins so that was a nice day lol.

Hey seth, glad you found the group lol. xx

Thanks Cherry and bailey :D Cant believe i'v only just spotted it lol.

ooo cravings.. iv not had any of those yet.. well not properly anyway. I did sit and eat 3 chocolate muffins earlier though :blush: oops :blush:

hope youv all had a good day xx

Wife is craving orange juice big time!

We had a surprise baby shower yesterday! So wonderful :) we played games, face paints, looots of food, it was monster themed and everyone painted baby grows :)

Aw that sounds great mummypony, I wish I could have a baby shower but I know no-one will throw me one. Are you in the UK or USA? They aren't very common in the UK I don't think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->