march/April babies?

I was just wondering what snacks your all putting in the hospital bag? here is a big Sainsburys right next to our hospital, do you think we will need to pack any? xx

I plan on packing a mixed bag of dried fruit for me, both during and after labour, some mini cartons of juice (like you'd put in a lunch box), flapjacks, and some breakfast bars.

And some bits for dh for during labour, but I'll leave those choices up to him.

Hey ladies,

I've also not packed my bag or finished the nursery! Not got a cot or a pram yet either! Sometimes I feel so behind but to be honest we haven't had the time! As for my bag though I do actually have all the stuff for my bag and baby's bag (I think) except for a maternity bra for me which I'm waiting a little bit longer to get to see if the :holly: get much bigger in the next few weeks as its still 11 weeks til Millie is due.

I don't know what to take for snacks yet! What's everyone taking?

Smanderson - I suppose it depends who will be at the hospital with you, if you want to be left alone for a while for someone to get snacks or if you feel you will be able to get them yourself before you go in (which might be hard lol!). I'm gonna have my snacks already I think even though we have a supermarket near our hospital.

And I can't remember who mentioned going home outfit but I would say yeah it's all for sentimental reason and photos etc. We are just using one the cutest sleep suits we have (a Dumbo one!) and a coat to go over depending on what weathers like when she actually comes!

How long does everyone think their hospital will keep them in then assuming all goes well? I had presumed I would be in just one night as its my first but no longer, they seem to want you out pretty quick (as well as not wanting you in there too soon when in labour too!!). Plus I figure if it ends up longer it's only 20 mins away from home so I can send someone to get stuff for me if needed.

I didn't pack snacks last time but I had lo in them morning and thankfully when the mil visited she has brought me some gingerbread bats (well it was Halloween) and I was so great full come the early hours the following morning that I had something to eat. During the day I was given three hot meals by the hospital so didn't need snacks for then. Ill be taking some just in case this next time tho, won't make the same mistake.

Thanks kte, think I will deffo be taking something because I've heard stories of people arriving after 6pm and not having anything to eat til next morning! I need my food lol!!

Thanks for the advice ladies, i'll start planning snacks now :thumbup: breakfast bars are a good one doggy thanks :thumbup: hope i dont have to stay in for too long would rather be at home once baby has arrived and recovered a little :flower:

Ohh and thanks for the Isofix base advice, i have arranged to buy one second hand for £30 im so excited :happydance: im hoping to collect tomorrow :happydance: then need to get the car seat LOL :dohh: im very behind on all the big purchases too :haha:

If I have a vbac, my hospital policy is 6 hours minimum from delivery to home. Most people choose to stay overnight though, you wouldn't want to be checking out at 3am, say!

If I have a c section, the policy is 24 hours. last time I stayed for 3 days but I had an awful recovery and they had to check if Isabelle had caught an infection from me.

I really dont wanna be kept in any longer than i have to also lol I would rather just have baby get cleaned up and go lol but you can never predicted what happens :(.

Im just going to take some irn bru (bottle) and some snack bars to or packet of crisps lol..

My Hospital requires a 2 day stay for mom and baby after delivery.

Well I know I'm in for at least 24hrs. Baby has to have three stable blood glucose levels before allowing home.

Snack wise I've been advised to pack flat sports drinks, glucose tablets, squash, dark chocolate and cereal bars as you may not feel like eating but need to keep your energy up. Will also pack things for dh. The chocolate apparently gives you a boost before you start pushing.

Most hospitals here in NC, US require a 2 day stay as well before letting you go home. That is the main reason I wanted a birthing center originally cause you can leave 6 hrs after birth, but incase I can't handle the pain I want to have the option to have an epidural.

I don't think I could face food actually during labour at the hospital! (Although it's sensible to have it there). I remember having a cup of tea made for me whilst in the pool which was never drank! I had my dinner made for me beforehand though and was made to eat it so, although all I wanted to do was jump in the car and get to that hospital asap, that is maybe why I was okay!

I never felt hungry during labour either Kte, I was always too scared to eat incase I was sick. Saying that my son was a 3 day labour and after the 2nd day of just picking at food I gave in and had a massive plate of pasta, he was born a few hours later lol. I think the energy drinks are a good idea if you're not hungry. I always made up for not eating after labour.

I ate during labour and spent a large amount of time from 2cm to 5cm vomiting. I read afterwards it can make your labour longer and slower if you're sick a lot as your body has less power to contract, so it's important to keep your energy levels high.

Sorry ladies but i need to rant!

Yesterday at work a lady says to me at the top of her lungs in the middle of the office "i was telling my husband how MASSIVE your belly is and you have 3 MONTHS TO GO!" She then went on to say "YOUR HUGE, I CANT GET OVER HOW MASSIVE YOU ARE!" I was almost in tears at this point and as i choked them back i said i was so embarrassed by my bump size and she says "I know"!!!!!! WTF is that all about???? Also i keep being asked if its twins! WHY oh why are people so rude i really really am going to shout or cry at the next person to go on about it :growlmad::cry::growlmad::cry::growlmad::cry::wacko:

Apologies, i haven't had a day off work in 10 days and i am so far beyond exhausted i just cant cope with these rude people any more. I know everyone will go on about how will i cope when baby is here and to those people i say :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh smanderson!!! Hugs! How awful!

People keep saying stuff like that to my wife too - OMG you're going to be massive etc and its just plain rude!!

Try not to let them get you down, every bump is different and they have No idea what they're talking about xx

So sorry Smanderson :hugs: Some people are just ridiculous!! I have two months to go and think I'm pretty big too, but you know what? I wanted a big bump and now I have one!! It amazes me how even recently preggi ladies can go on about how big I am when they hated having it mentioned to them. I'm proud of my belly, and if anyone tell me I'm super-big, I just tell them that I'm growing a human being, what they hell are they doing?!?

Sm really sorry to hear that lady was super rude. I know its tough and hard to ignore we just got to try the best we can. Maybe next time you should just say something to them about how rude a comment it was or how insensitive there comment was. They never seem to think how it will affect us once they have said it but they could have pause and thought before hand.

I wouldnt worry about the size of your bump, you look amazing and at least you know he has plenty of room to wiggle around in there :)

hope you get a day off soon hun xxxx

I was at a party the other day and this man I have only met a couple of times kept making rude comments to me. He asked if I'd eaten too much at Christmas, repeatedly called me fatty and asked if I was carrying an elephant. The thing is, I haven't even gained that much weight and my bump isn't particularly big for how far along I am. I just laughed along and tried to ignore him. As he wasn't getting a rise out of me he then proceeded to ask if I knew what colour my baby was going to be!?!?

I came to the conclusion at this point that some people are just dickheads who think they are hilariously funny. Either that or for some reason feel better by making others feel like shit. I never let things like this get to me. If these people have nothing better to do, how very sad for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->