March Mummas - join us here!

Had my first prenatal exam yesterday with the OB. Decided to pay the extra $25.00 and had some genetic testing done to see if I carry the gene for some serious diseases (cystic fibrosis being one). After much poking and prodding, the doc rolled in an ultrasound machine and took a peek at the little Shrimp. It was growing perfectly, and even measured one day ahead than the last week. Heartbeat was in the 140's and she was very pleased. Next appointment is in August!

How is everyone doing?? Miss hearing from all of you!!!!

Great news that your appointment went well, bet it was very exciting!

I am doing ok, sooooo tired today! 2 weeks until my first appointment. x

Yay Stephanie! Nice strong heartbeat and measuring all up to par - how exciting! :happydance: I asked about those tests and they said they would do them later…I hate waiting! :coffee: I'm already dreading my u/s on Monday as I'm afraid the lake will just keep growing…no spotting yet. I can't believe I'm like the ONE person waiting to spot rather than dreading it!!!! :wacko:

Trish - sorry you have to take all that progesterone! How unfunny :nope: But it will be worth it if it keeps your bean nice and strong. Hang in there!!! :hugs:

Otherwise, I'm not too bad…nausea has been manageable, which of course makes me nervous about the bean's well-being but at the same time I'm trying to get some stuff done as I am way behind on my to do list. Got a bachelorette party to survive tomorrow night…really nervous as I know the girls will give me crap but if I don't go, it would be just so rude. I'm planning to meet up with the bride today to tell her the news so if I do bail, she will know the real reason. I can't wait until this pregnancy thing will be 'fun'…when I will feel better and be able to own it! :happydance:

Hi ladies. So as I sit and write this I'm at the hospital with bleeding again. Exactly 4 weeks since my last hospital visit. It's been mainly brown with no pain but it just feels bad this time. We have family staying with us so iIfeel pretty awful. My SIL is actually 19 weeks though so i know she understands. I guess I just need prayer and positive thoughts for this little one. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi ladies. So as I sit and write this I'm at the hospital with bleeding again. Exactly 4 weeks since my last hospital visit. It's been mainly brown with no pain but it just feels bad this time. We have family staying with us so iIfeel pretty awful. My SIL is actually 19 weeks though so i know she understands. I guess I just need prayer and positive thoughts for this little one. I hope everyone else is doing well.

I'm crossing everything for you! I'm sorry you have to go through this stress. Let us know how it goes :hugs:

Well that was a quick visit! They did an US (a portable one and not that great) but baby was moving it's little legs and had a strong heartbeat (the machine wasn't good enough to get the rate) and the doctor was pleased. We actually went to the Women's hospital (that's where urgent care told us to go??) so they had to call in an on-call doctor from my practice. It was actually kind of nice. She did a pelvic and my cervix is closed tight, the right firmness and not the source of bleeding. She did notice a bit of irritation and said it's probably the progesterone. She said that she would ask my doctor is stopping it now would be okay. She seems to think I will be fine at this point. I'm going to hold off using it today and tomorrow and call on Monday. I have another appointment on Thursday but it's nice knowing baby's got a strong heartbeat and is moving around! I'm starting to feel like the girl who cried wolf but this is just such a scary time!

Love having this place to vent with everyone!

And Stephanie - that's a great heartbeat! Glad things are going well for you too! Just a little over 7 months to go! I'm already starting to feel like March can't get here soon enough!

Well that was a quick visit! They did an US (a portable one and not that great) but baby was moving it's little legs and had a strong heartbeat (the machine wasn't good enough to get the rate) and the doctor was pleased. We actually went to the Women's hospital (that's where urgent care told us to go??) so they had to call in an on-call doctor from my practice. It was actually kind of nice. She did a pelvic and my cervix is closed tight, the right firmness and not the source of bleeding. She did notice a bit of irritation and said it's probably the progesterone. She said that she would ask my doctor is stopping it now would be okay. She seems to think I will be fine at this point. I'm going to hold off using it today and tomorrow and call on Monday. I have another appointment on Thursday but it's nice knowing baby's got a strong heartbeat and is moving around! I'm starting to feel like the girl who cried wolf but this is just such a scary time!

Love having this place to vent with everyone!

And Stephanie - that's a great heartbeat! Glad things are going well for you too! Just a little over 7 months to go! I'm already starting to feel like March can't get here soon enough!

I'm so glad everything seems to be okay! It is so scary to experience bleeding. But I agree that it sounds like it might be irritation from progesterone.

So I know my other momma's at 8 and 9 weeks will appreciate this! Like I said, we have family in town, my BIL, his wife, their almost 4 year old and almost 2 year old. We have a pool so everyone was swimming. I've been feeling so fat from bloat lately so putting on a bathing suit was painful. As soon as our older nephew sees me he was like "Aunt Alissa, why does your belly look like that?" I nearly died! It was so hysterical. I tried to explain to him that it would look like his mommy's soon (she's 19 weeks today) but he just kept wondering why it was so big! His mom was mortified but I obviously didn't care. I am totally at that stage of pregnancy where I just look fat and not pregnant! I'm hoping I pop early so I can get to the cute stage where everyone loves the little baby bump! It wouldn't hurt if I could start eating healthy food again (although I have been able to eat meat these past few days!). I'm hoping I'm one of those women where the placenta takes over early but the doctor yesterday told me that 10 weeks will probably be my worst!

Yay for good feedback aoverholt! I'm glad the doc was pleased :thumbup: that's always a good sign :flower: I have days where I'm bloated too but on others when it goes away, I feel so flat and it makes me sad - I want my bump too!!!

AFM, I'm able to eat a bit better but still having a super hard time drinking. :nope: It sucks! I feel so dehydrated but when I drink water, I feel like I need to hurl and have to sit around and hold it in for 15-20 min. I hate it! Can't wait for this phase to be over :coffee:

Hello everyone, feels like I've not been here for ages. DH and I have just come back from Belfast for our wedding anniversary and what do I do first when I get home... check on here! Glad to hear you are ok aoverholt - and I def have some baby bloat going on too. I started taking belly pics at 5 weeks and there is a real noticeable difference now at 9 weeks, even if it is just a combination of bloat and eating whatever will stay down recently! I have to admit - my ms does seem to be easing off over the last week or so, so hopefully that's good - though it is worrying for another symptom to disappear. Fingers crossed it's all good and I don't drive myself stir crazy before my first scan at the end of Aug. I can't remember who said it a while back, but yes I am VERY thankful that I get free medical care :) 12 weeks just seems like forever to wait to know everything is ok. Hope you are all ok :)

LOL I can totally relate to swimming gear not fitting well any more. I was Tutoring some 3rd graders and one said "Mrs D are you married?" I said "yes" then she asked "Are you pregnant?" I was like "omgosh yes- what made you think I was pregnant?" She said "you got a..." and motioned with her hands making it look like a big belly and said "bump"
I was like "oh, I didnt think it was that big yet!" and she said politely "oh youre not THAT fat yet it's okay!"
I was thinking it was still well hidden but obviously NOT as well as I had thought!

I'm still not showing anything :cry: I keep checking and nada - not even a little pooch. I had my follow up doc appt today and the placental lake is gone!!!! I'm SO excited. It just vanished. Fetus (as now after 8 weeks it's no longer just an embryo - crazy huh??) looked great and the heartbeat was nice and strong still (176). I'm still measuring 3 days less so he moved my due date to March 7th. I guess it's time to update me tickers...I was kind of liking March 5th though!!!

Hope apart from the bloat, everyone is doing great. I'm just so happy that the lake was totally gone and everything looked good. I can now relax and let all this sink in. I'm preggers!!!! :happydance:

MrsChezek what awesome news! Glad you are feeling more relaxed now! It's time to enjoy your pregnancy!

Nausea has hit me hard today and I have a pounding headache! I did use my progesterone this morning and so far so good! I'm nervous and excited for my appointment on Thursday morning. I just want the next three weeks to go by fast. I'll probably let my office know the Friday of my 12th week (so 12w5d). It seems like a lifetime away!

MrsChezek what awesome news! Glad you are feeling more relaxed now! It's time to enjoy your pregnancy!

Nausea has hit me hard today and I have a pounding headache! I did use my progesterone this morning and so far so good! I'm nervous and excited for my appointment on Thursday morning. I just want the next three weeks to go by fast. I'll probably let my office know the Friday of my 12th week (so 12w5d). It seems like a lifetime away!

Good I am not the only one...here I was thinking I had escaped ms this time round...after basically no symptoms went to bed early last night with a SEVERE headache, and severe back pain in my lower back and groin areas...thought I was having a miscarriage or something aweful...woke up still in agony and took some pain killers to no avail...aching all over decided I had better go to a Doctor. He seemed to think it is a virus...let's hope he is right cause this pain is horrid!:dohh:

Good I am not the only one...here I was thinking I had escaped ms this time round...after basically no symptoms went to bed early last night with a SEVERE headache, and severe back pain in my lower back and groin areas...thought I was having a miscarriage or something aweful...woke up still in agony and took some pain killers to no avail...aching all over decided I had better go to a Doctor. He seemed to think it is a virus...let's hope he is right cause this pain is horrid!:dohh:

Hope your feeling better soon x

aoverholt - Thanks! I really really feel for you. I know how the nausea can just wipe you out and to have a headache on top of all that is just terrible. I hope you feel better soon!!! :hugs:

Libbysmum - Headaches SUCK. I hate them…especially cause if I get a migraine, I know I won't be able to load up on Exedrin like I normally do! Acetominophen barely scratches at my migraines which is why I take some as soon as I have the slightest headache to kill it before it gets anywhere. I hate being quick to medicate but I fear migraines. I hope whatever you're facing takes a hike asap!!!!! Sounds awful :hugs:

Hi!! March 19 here! I have my first u/s Wednesday.

Anyone else around their 9th week and feeling better? My nausea has started to go away and as much as I know I should enjoy it, I can't help but worry :wacko:

I would've been at 9 weeks by my old count and I am feeling a bit better too. I still have trouble drinking as most things, especially water, make me want to hurl. I'm also still very picky with food but for the most part, I don't have the constant nausea I had. I got totally freaked out as it started to get better on Friday and on Sunday I felt almost normal, but I saw my bean on Monday and the doc said everything looks great!!! So I think we're just getting closer to the end of the first tri and it's easing up on us...at least for now :winkwink: Go and enjoy it!!!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->