March rainbows 2018

I'm so sorry cookies!

Maryanne glad everything is going ok with you and hopefully little miss heartbeat won't be too much to worry about xxxx

Cookies, I am so very very sorry for your loss. There are no words at all, just know we are here for you.
If you ever want to talk privately send me a message.
Take all the time you need to grieve, I know it took me a long time last year after our loss to just get out of the house and do things again. Big hugs

Hello ladies

Cookies, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how devastated you are now. Can't believe nothing was picked up earlier. If anyone is to blame it's your doctors. Huge hugs.

Maryanne, glad little lady is doing well and hope heart check goes well.

Afm, went to a 4D scan on Friday but little lady was fast asleep right next to the placenta which is anterior. She then turned her back to us ten minutes later... so we saw her legs well lol

I am going to go again on Monday in the hope of seeing more.

We have told quite a few friends now, but I am huge and round like a hot air ballon, so no point trying to hide it lol :)

Hope everyone else is ok :)

Nice to hear you're doing well sweetkat and your starting to tell me people. You done amazing keeping it as long as you did! Xxx

Maryanne and Sweetkat I'm glad to hear good updates from both of you! I hope everything continues to go smoothly.

As for me I hit viability week! It's still way too early for me to feel comfortable if baby came early, but a milestone is a milestone! I'm continuing to exercise most days and am feeling really good. I'm hoping I continue to feel good as this pregnancy progresses along more.

Cookie Im so sorry! There's nothing I can say to erase the pain but just grieve at your own pace, and my thoughts are with you.

Sweetkat too funny about the ultrasound I had tree opposite problem, she was moving so much they couldn't get clear pictures or all the measurements. Hope it goes better at the next one.
Karoolia, yay for viability week! Don't laugh at my slowness but which week is viability now? With my sua, I am paranoid over everything and milestones are definitely important no matter how small. And viability is totally an amazing one. :)

Afm I'm tapping my fingers waiting for another appointment. Google and forums pertaining single umbilical arteries have so many scary risks, however shoal there chance is...that I'm almost paralysed with fear. Doctor mentioned nothing on what I found other than a risk for low birth weight..m which makes me nervous because either they aren't telling me everything, or they have little experience with it.. my kids were always below average on size anyways, so I'm definitely starting to feel the worry on low birth weight. Idk, maybe after my next ultrasound is she's still on track, then i can lighten up, but until then I can't stop worrying about it.

24 weeks is considered viability. Obviously the further along the better. A baby born at 24 weeks would still struggle a lot, but 24 is the point that most doctors agree there is a decent chance of keeping the baby alive, I think I read somewhere that the stat is 50-70% born between weeks 24 and 25 survive.

Yes I have been reading statistics about viability at 24+ weeks and they are good, although anything after 30 weeks is even better and after 35 is almost as good as full term.

I am randomly awake since 4.30am - it's the constant needing to pee that wakes me up... grrrrr

I went for another 4d scan yesterday and managed to get some pics although they said I could go for a free rescan in a few weeks. They also did all the measurements and apparently this little lady will be a little bit bigger than her sister at birth (DD was 7 pounds and they are predicting 7.5 pounds for DD2).

Also, someone at the supermarket asked me if I am ready to drop. I was like yes, but I have 3 months to go!!!! 3 months seems like hardly anything and a looooong while at the same time :)

Karoolia, yey for viability.

Kirsten, if baby is doing well apart from the cord I would try to keep calm - easier said than done, I know.

Xxx

Ya, I wouldn't feel very good about baby coming now. After 30 weeks though I wouldn't worry as much and after 35 I wouldn't worry at all. Although I'm hoping this baby comes right around it's due date.

I'm doing an online degree and will have assignments due in February. All my courses will be over at the end of March so if baby comes on time I will only have 3 weeks of trying to figure out school work, but at least it will mostly just be readings and online discussions at that point. If baby comes early I may need to get some extensions.

Hi Ladies, how is everyone doing?
We are having our 24 Week growth scan on Friday. I am actually not feeling nervous yet, which is completely new for me. I have been feeling more movement so I think in my head I am like, if I am feeling things this baby has to be getting bigger...
still using the Doppler now, but more for hubs to hear the heartbeat. We got some more gel from amazon so we can go crazy now with it.
Decided we will tell parents the gender at Christmas. Going to buy cute little onesies with sayings for everyone. I am excited about it.

Anyone thinking about Christmas plans already, or getting some baby things ready?
I am officially buying/trading for a small bay item this week. It is a little chair that sings and vibrates. I don't know if it will be used but it is super cheap I am getting it for a home made Christmas ornament so I thought why not!?

Hi Ladies, I don't remember when I last checked in as I have struggled to cope all the way along.

Our baby boy Alexander Owen was born on Wednesday 8th November at 9:36pm at 19+4 weeks weighing 230g. Unfortunately it seems i've developed a incompetent cervix, this went unnoticed until it caused PPROM and an infection and we were unable to stop labour. He was born absolutely perfect and lived for 45 minutes but there was nothing any one could do to save him. We are beyond devastated and the guilt I feel is unbearable, even though I know there was nothing I could have done.

I'm rooting for you all as you continue on your journeys.

I am so sorry for your loss :( my baby boy was also born at 19+5 on the 1st November 2017. He weighed 215g and was just perfect. However it was his heart that had just stopped beating so I was induced. Now I feel so empty and alone.

If you ever need to talk feel free to message me. It’s an awful thing to happen and this world can be so cruel :( sending massive hugs xx

Sorry Cookie dough- I know how awful that is, we experience the same thing sept 2016 at 21 weeks. It was awful. Big hugs.

I am a member of a secret Facebook group for grieving mothers. We all experience loss is a different part in our pregnancies, some very early and some very very late. If either of you would like to be added just let me know send me a private message and we can talk. I found it very helpful to be surrounded by women going through or had gone through the same thing. I don't know if it helped me heal faster, but it was a really great place to vent and know I was not alone.

I don't know if it is just me, but I am bouncing between joy and terror the last few weeks. I thought it would go away once I started feeling this little one move. But I wake up at night and if I don't feel anything I get so much anxiety ... tell me I am not alone in this anxiety

Nope not alone at all! I'm not nearly as anxious as I was before, but I definitely have moments (or days) where I worry.

24 W today!
Amazed that I made it this far. Feeling a bit more secure today.
March can't come soon enough I don't think.
Started a registry for myself, mainly as a "don't forget to buy this" as we aren't having a shower until baby is born. Anyone else doing this?

I need to make a registry. We weren't in any hurry because we are so far away from family we hadn't expected a shower until after baby was born and we moved home. However, a few weeks ago some local friends mentioned a shower and today my co-worker told me that several people at work have been talking about wanting to throw one for us. I was touched.

That said, this is baby #1 and I am so lost on what I need. I have bought shower gifts several times, but I have always just blindly purchased from the registry not always knowing why I was even choosing what I was, just trusting that it must be important. I started researching car seats yesterday and am learning that is a mission all on its own!

PS Congrats on 24 weeks!! Hurray for Viability Week!!

That is nice they want to do a shower for you. How sweet!
You definitely need to do a registry. I am using Amazon, and to get ideas what I did was check out other people's registries. I put in a popular woman's first name and picked a huge city like Toronto and then scanned people's registries. Lol thinks I like I clicked on and there is an option to "add to my registry"
You could even keep that registry private if you like (which I am) and then use those ideas to do a registry elsewhere. I am loving my idea, I am super smart lol.

Side not had a panic attack yesterday. Was looking fro the heartbeat because baby was being really quiet (thanks anterior placenta) and it took forever! Little one is tucked behind the placenta so even hearing the heartbeat was quiet. Had to calm myself down. Thankfully baby started moving in the evening pretty well so it made me feel better. But again super quiet this morning! Argh. I just need to calm down.

That is actually very smart Myshel!! I may try that. I have a couple of friends who are pregnant/recently had a baby, but they are both still figuring out what they need. Looking at several registries might give me a better idea.

My baby has lots of quiet periods too. DH thinks it is just a very chill baby. Apparently he didn't move much either according to his mother. I'm glad you were able to find the heartbeat and relax again. These babies clearly have to regard for our mental well-being!

There are so many things on those registries that I didn't think about. Like a soother thermometer! Come on, that is genius. I love it.
Glad I am not the only one with quiet periods. Little one started squirming half an hour ago so feeling much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->