March rainbows 2018

Oh ya, my baby is terrible for being quiet. I'll feel movement for a while and be really confident then it will slow down, I won't think anything of it then realize later it has been hours since I last felt something, then I worry. I read babies at this stage should have a sleep/wake pattern, but I haven't been able to identify that yet. I don't think I would worry if I knew baby was always quiet from 2-6 (or whatever).

A soother thermometer? So a thermometer that is also a soother? That does sound genius!

I've been mia for a while, this pregnancy has been pretty difficult and I was so nervous with spotting etc after 3 losses in a row.

Hopefully things are more plain sailing now 👍

How is everyone

Hi wanting! Glad you are still sticking around. Are you getting regular ultrasounds?

Just got back from my ultrasound and everything looks great. Sitting at 50 percentile for weight and great heartbeat at 153. Next appointment is at 28 weeks and does not have a ultrasound as everything looks like it is on track.
I do have an annoying muscle tear in my groin area, so going to try to work on healing this this week. Hot water bottles here I go!
How is everyone else doing?

Happy thanksgiving for any Americans in the group. Hope you had a great day yesterday.

Glad everyone is well.

I am ok but have major toxoplasmosis paranoia because of the cats. I am having a test tomorrow and then think will get rid of the cats. It may be irrational but I think about it all the time and one cat is outside non stop and doesn't even come back to sleep. The other one is a home cat.

I do feel bad about the cats but the paranoia is even worse :(

Otherwise went for a scan a week ago and all well....

I think pregnancy tends to lead so some irrational fear, I was just thinking about toxoplasmosis this morning for no reason. Like our cat is an inside cat and I have had her for over eight years. I don't know why I started panicking this morning,
Yay for good scans!

So my toxoplasmosis test is today. I have read everything on google and totally terrified now.

I had cats for 5 years before and they were outdoor cats and in August my results came back negative but these kittens I got 2 weeks before I had my positive pregnancy test and I am just terrified they will get infected and pass it to me :(

Fingers crossed I get my results this evening - they are supposed to be ready in 4 hours.

Sweetkat I'm sure you are fine. As long as you aren't the one handling the litter and keep your house relatively clean/your cats are relatively clean you really shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Do you have someone who can take your cats for a while? Then you can bring them home when you are less worried?

We have two cats. We got one when she was 6 months old from the shelter, that was in June. The other is from a breeder and was only 3 months old. That was in July. I conceived early June. My OB said as long I'm not the one doing the litter then my risks were extremely low. He wasn't concerned at all.

Karoolia, I am probably a madwoman! I think about toxo every day since last week :(

We got out kittens when they were a month old on 24 May and I had a positive test 9 June. They used to sleep in the living room and he litter tray would be there at night. Every morning there would be stones on the floor and sometimes with bits of poo attached to them. I did the litter tray until August but once I had the negative test for toxo in August my OH does it.

Thing is, when they were in the living room they would spread the stones from the litter tray around, just small bits but still. For the last week with my paranoia growing we have totally locked them out of the living room and kitchen so they can't get on the table or kitchen tops.

One kitten is completely indoor but the other keeps running out. I have no idea if she hunts.

I cleaned cat poo and had outdoor cats for years (around 5 years) and my test was negative in August but I wasn't pregnant then so I didn't care about things like toxo.

Now with the 3 losses and one chemical I am mega mega paranoid about everything :(.

I completely understand feeling paranoid. I did about everything for a long time. I do think you're ok with the cats though. Hopefully you feel more reassured once you get your test back.

Test is negative. I might have to give the cats to a charity. I feel terrible but I have bad paranoia and OH gives me grief non stop as he is having to change the cat litter. I never ever would have given them away had it not been for my losses and this paranoia combined with OH's extreme phobia. It's been hell ever since we got the kittens. He shouts at them for jumping on the table, kitchen, bathroom, won't pick them up. All this stress can't be good for me :(

Advice please!

Ok so my hubby declared he was just trying to be nice so William is definitely baby's middle name so it's between

Leo William

Or

Alfie William

Opinions please?

I need to make sure it's a good solid not too weird uk name. I've heard a lot that Alfie is too cutesy, I also don't want him to be called Alf or Alfred. Or it's inevitable he would prob be called Alf as a nickname. I'd heard it can be quite outdated when he's over 30 😂

Hi wanting! Glad you are still sticking around. Are you getting regular ultrasounds?

Just got back from my ultrasound and everything looks great. Sitting at 50 percentile for weight and great heartbeat at 153. Next appointment is at 28 weeks and does not have a ultrasound as everything looks like it is on track.
I do have an annoying muscle tear in my groin area, so going to try to work on healing this this week. Hot water bottles here I go!
How is everyone else doing?

Happy thanksgiving for any Americans in the group. Hope you had a great day yesterday.

Thanks Hun, I did get quite a lot not had one since 20 weeks, they are doing a 28 week growth scan and a 32 week one. Also at 28 weeks I'm getting an hd live scan

Hi Wanting.
Canadian here with a father born in U.K. So I feel I can say that both names are great and I like both of them. If you are looking for an outside opinion of names I would say Leo is a pretty standard name that doesn't say weird UK name as I know a little Leo and it is a pretty popular name here in Canada and US. Where Alfie is definitely more UK. Not that that is a bad thing at all, but a very UK name.
Side note I love the name William as a middle name.

It sounds like you prefer Leo so I would go with that. Nothing wrong with Alfie though! Where I'm from our local MP (politician) is named Alfie and everyone highly respects him. He is in his 60s now and owns the name. I have never heard anyone shorten it to anything.

Well you know my thoughts on Alfie William lol! Will be funny if our boys end up with the same name!!!

Hi Ladies, hope all is well today.
Starting to look into some pregnancy/birthing books this week. Anyone reading anything they recommend or anything for dads to read?

Starting to get consistent movement with is amazing! Can't believe we are only a few months out from this crazy thing!
Anyone buying anything baby yet? I just picked up a car seat and extra dock for our second vehicle on Black Friday. We already had the stroller from last year, but excited to actually use them!

My leg is doing much better, I am even feeling up to cleaning out some closets today!

Myshel I think we did very similar Black Friday shopping! We ordered a travel system (car seat, stroller, and two bases). DH's aunt had offered to pay for it for us and we ended up getting what we wanted within her budget due to the sale, woo! We also ordered a pack n play. We decided that since we will be moving just a few months after baby is born that he/she will sleep in our room in the pack n play and then we'll look into a crib once we get settled again.

I'm glad you're feeling lots of movement!

That's too funny. Glad you got a travel system!
We were going to do the pack and play but decided to put in on our registry list or buy a used one since it is just going to be mainly for parents houses and stuff.
But I did score some awesome maternity dresses from PinkBlush. Super inexpensive and already delivered.

Just had my GD test. Hoping it went well, thankfully I didn't get sick I was so worried. So now I am just going to chug some serious water and try to flush this crazy sugar out. Next appointment is Dec 22 with my OB.

Anyone have any doctors or ultrasounds coming up?

I also have a pack and play on my registry. I want a second one for work! I work at a church and they are pretty laid back so instead of trying to figure out infant childcare for 4 months I'm just going to work from home some days and bring baby with me on other days.

My OB scheduled my GD test for Dec. 26th when I'll be 30 weeks. I asked if he was sure I should wait that long and he said yes. I'm not a huge fan of how he does some things, but have heard he is the best when it comes to delivery so I'll just stick it out. I won't be happy if I turn out to have GD and could have been taking care of it earlier though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->