March rainbows 2018

Hello Ladies,

I'm a little late to join but I thought I would stop by. I'm currently 23 weeks with baby girl #2 after 2 miscarriages in the past year. I'm so happy to be here but so nervous. It seems like every time I worry about something and find out everything is OK I find something else to worry about :wacko:. I didn't even start telling family and friends about the pregnancy until a few weeks ago!! Anyway, whishing you all the best on our rainbow journeys!

Karoolia - agreed, I would be so mad to find out i had GD so far in. I am sure you are fine though. He probably doesn't think you have it so is making the test later.

Welcome Love.
Congrats on your rainbow pregnancy! May you have a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy. We only told family on thanksgiving (Canadian so in October), and even then it was a panic. We haven't announced Publically and I have a few family members that don't even know yet.
So far we have had an easy run, but that doesn't stop me from having a panic attack every meeting or ultrasound! Just try to enjoy the good days when you have one.

Welcome LKGlove! I didn't announce for a long time either. We told our parents around 13/14 weeks then some other relatives (siblings, close aunts/uncles) around 16 weeks and did a big announcement at 19 weeks (also Canadian thanksgiving!). I worried constantly. I still worry at times, but the last few weeks have been better. It took a long time to get to a place where I felt relatively confident in the pregnancy though. A mc will do that to you. I hope your pregnancy continues to progress without any difficulties. You're more than half way through now!

Myshel - he probably does think I'm fine. My weight gain is right on average and I eat well and exercise, but still, I'm not impressed with how relaxed he is about everything. I would probably switch to someone else to be honest, but all the other OBs work with my husband's colleagues who are all my friends and I just want to keep those worlds separate. Besides, from what my husband has seen in the hospital my OB is truly the best when it comes to deliveries. He's the guy the other OBs call in when things get complicated.

Good delivery is important for sure. As long as he isn't ignoring you now t is worth it I think. Sounds like your hubs feels confident in his ability, that is reassuring.

Has anyone heard from our other March Rainbow ladies? I know not everyone lives in this site like I do but it has been awhile.

Hey ladies. So I found out I have Gestational diabetes. I am bummed about this, but after lots of research have decided I have this and can manage it. Will be going to the dietician on dec 12 so will see what else I need to do beyond diet change than.
Sending positive vibes to you all. Hope you are having a good week.

I'm sorry Myshel :( As things go though, that one isn't too bad really. A friend of mine had gestational diabetes. She was devastated at first, but she decided to really work with her dietician and was able to control it with diet. She actually lost a few pounds in her thirds trimester, which made her feel better overall. It wasn't easy, she really had to focus on meal prep and making sure she ate enough of the right stuff, but in the end it was absolutely manageable.

Myshel - I had GD my first pregnancy and I'm guessing I have it with this one also (I take the test tomorrow). I was a little scared at first but it gets easier. For me it changed from more of a hard core structured meal plan at first to knowing what I can and can't eat and what will and won't raise my numbers. You get use to it and it becomes more relaxed as time goes on. Bread and rice always seemed to make my numbers go a little over but adding exercise (small walks) helped.

Yay for 3rd tri!!!!! All our babies will be here before we know it!! X

Happy third trimester ladies :)

Not much to report here. I had a 4d scan on Monday and I have some really good shots of the face. Also had my anti D as I am Rhesus negative and my OH and DD1 are both Rhesus positive.

It feels amazing we are in third trimester but at the same time still so long to go. I am having food and prosecco cravings. Just over 2 months to go until I can give in :)

DD knows she is having a sister and she is very excited :)

Has anyone heard from Maryanne? Is she ok?

Hi everyone :hi:

Sorry it's been so long 🙈

4 kids takes it out of you plus I've been so unwell, I used to be here all the time those were the days :haha:

I have my HD scan on Thursday! 💙

Happy third trimester ladies :)

Not much to report here. I had a 4d scan on Monday and I have some really good shots of the face. Also had my anti D as I am Rhesus negative and my OH and DD1 are both Rhesus positive.

It feels amazing we are in third trimester but at the same time still so long to go. I am having food and prosecco cravings. Just over 2 months to go until I can give in :)

DD knows she is having a sister and she is very excited :)

Has anyone heard from Maryanne? Is she ok?

Maryanne that started the group?

I spoke to her yesterday she just moved into her new house yesterday. She's good though and baby is good.

By the way girls we have a due date march group that was setup by someone else months ago if anyone wants to join. Just let me know!

Time is flying by and crawling at the same time. So glad you are doing well and on track.
So the children's place has a great clearance right now and I am trying so hard not to go nuts and buy a bunch of stuff. I just can't help myself. My cart is full!

Myshel it is probably smart to load up during sales!

wanting - I wasn't sure if you meant the other group on this site or the facebook one. I forgot about that. I'm guessing that's why the March group is so quiet. I assume it's a secret group?

Myshel it is probably smart to load up during sales!

wanting - I wasn't sure if you meant the other group on this site or the facebook one. I forgot about that. I'm guessing that's why the March group is so quiet. I assume it's a secret group?

I can't remember if it was mentioned in here or just in the group discussion or 1st tri section. There is 16 of us. If u want and anyone else want to add me I'm shona graysmith I can then add you to the group, yep its secret Hun xx

How is everyone?

I am ok but having another major autism paranoia. My OH is 52 and he has high DNA fragmentation (which led to 3 miscarriages). I know I decided to try again with him but high fragmention also increases autism risk. I never would have been so aware of it had my very good friend's DD not been diagnosed with it.

So I have been reading articles about risks of autism and driving myself crazy :(. The chance of having an autistic girl is 1 in 200 or 0.5% in case anyone is interested :)

Hope everyone else is happily and worry free pregnant :)

Here we get induced at 41 weeks so as a maximum 76 days before induction for me. Seems like a very long time right now.....

Ah it's been so long since I've jumped on here. life has been hectic with the 3rd shift life and making everything fit! lol my kids went to the dentist this month and my son had ZERO cavities, and my daughter had 5! UGH! So she had to go back 3 more times to get them filled but she did amazing and they said she was the best behaved 3 year old they've ever seen. So, I'm glad for that. Funny how my kids eat the exact same, and brush the same times, but one had nothing wrong and the other had 5! Only difference in them is I breastfed my daughter until she was 2.5 years and she did a lot of night feedings... So that may be what did it, but I will still long term EBF with this one if possible, just maybe try and wipe down teeth during night feedings...

Hope everyone is doing great. Yay, some of you are 3rd trimesterers now hehe :)

This pregnancy has been crazy busy, with appointments every 2 weeks since I got pregnant. I FINALLY got a break from the 2 week ones and they let me wait 4 weeks for an appointment, god 4 weeks drags by though! I have another level 2 ultrasound on wednesday to get more pictures of her heart (the ones they got last time were good but not super clear because she's a squirmy girl) and to make sure she's growing properly. I'm so nervous, with the increased risk of IUGR and the fact I have had 2 smaller children already, I am nervous she'll be too small, and they'll have to take her early. They already told me I won't go past 39 weeks, because the risks of issues with the umbilical cord increase after 39 weeks. I guess what makes me nervous with it all is that I'm 25 weeks pregnant and I am 14lbs lighter than when I started and my scale has yet to come back up, it's actually STILL going down very slowly... I guess I'll get a better picture of where we are after this ultrasound.. After this one Ill have an ultrasound every visit to check her size/weight and will be starting NSTs soon, I think they said starting at 28 weeks?

Myshel- I was diagnosed with GD as well with this pregnancy (never had it with any of my other pregnancies) and it's not so bad, you might even get an extra ultrasound to check size, but the diet is REALLY not bad. You can totally handle it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->