March rainbows 2018

I think breastfeeding is definitely what causes cavities. I was clueless and breastfed my DD until she was 2 and 9 months. She was just using me as a dummy including to go back to sleep at night. Had to urgently give up after she had several cavities. Since she's not been breastfed and I cut out all juice she has only had two mini cavities in 18 months. So with DD2 I will be extra careful.

Still feeling paranoid re autism here. Totally irrational, but there you go :(

How are you ladies doing? I am ok - been to the dr and I have an enlarged thyroid. So now I am worried sth is very wrong with me (in 5-10% could be because of cancer).

Other than that doing well. Nearly 32 weeks and here is hoping this DD comes out at 37 weeks. Bet she holds on until 41 though lol :)

I am ginormous now and belly is getting in the way :)

OH has just had an operation so he is in bed for the next few weeks - he had a knee replacement which is major surgery. So he is zero help with anything but my parents are here for 2 weeks and then my mum is coming over again near the due date.

Cats are still around. I have a date to take them in to be rehomed but I don't think I can actually give them away :(

Big hugs to everyone xxx

Sorry sweetkat how scaryabout the thyroid. Hope it is nothing serious.
Hope your OH recovers swiftly

Just finishing up Christmas, have one more family event to go to and we are finished. So far so good, we have survived.
Last doctor appointment went well. The dr is happy with my numbers with my GD and thinks it can be managed without insulin. Yay! Out next appointment is Jan 12 and we will be getting a growth scan to see how little one is progressing. Oh and now that we have told family I am letting the online community I would we are having a girl! Very excited and happy, but more so that everything seems to be going well.
My anxiety although comes in waves is much lower, so much so that I actually bought a crib online today and just got some baby clothes delivered. Holy moly. 29 weeks today.

How is everyone else doing? I know PAL can be so hard, especially around the holidays.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas! We just had a quiet one me and my youngest have had a bug so really not feeling good. Nausea so bad and I can hardly eat!
Bump is doing good. I'm huge now. Getting really horrendous braxton hicks. I think I'm starting to loose very tiny bits of plug as well now. Such a reminder that it's really not long till he's here! Xxx

Sweetkat I'm sorry you are worried about your thyroid, hopefully it's nothing. I'm glad your cats are still around. I know you worry about having them there, but I think if you have made it this far with them you'll be fine. I hope your OH is recovering well. I used to be a coordinator for several orthodox pre-hap/rehab clinics. I wasn't clinical, but learned a lot about hip and knee replacements. Recovering isn't always easy, but most people do very well as long as they do the exercises they are given. Once they did heal most people were very happy with their new knees.

Myshel- congrats on the girl! So exciting! I'm glad your doctor thinks the GD will be manageable without insulin. That should make things a little easier. Yay for buying a crib too!

kirsty - sorry your youngest isn't feeling well and about the braxton hicks. I guess that's normal at this stage though.

As for me, I'm still feeling good! I think I may have had a few braxton hicks over the last few weeks, but it just felt like a tightening. I think they can feel that way? I had an appointment yesterday, found out I don't have GD (yay!) and got my late pregnancy rhogam (anti-D) shot. My OB was doing a c-section at the time of my appointment. His midwife saw me instead. I now understand why sometimes people run into trouble when they see different providers. She tried to tell me I didn't need the shot even though he and I had talked about it and already made a plan. She gave it to me in the end, but it was a frustrating conversation. For the record I'm RH negative, husband is positive. My OB, doctor husband, and all of his colleagues agreed it was best for me to have it now, not just after delivery. Otherwise the midwife was very nice.

I think that's all my news. Missing Canada. It was annoying having to go to work on boxing day. At home it always feels like Christmas lasts all week between Christmas and New Year's Day. Here though it felt like it was all over as soon as the alarm went off on the 26th.

I got the RH shot as well at 28 Weeks (same me negative hubs positive) and we absolutely need it, I don’t care what people say I am not risking it!
Sorry you had to go back to work so early, Christmas def last’s longer here for sure. Especially if you can score the week after off like hubs. Soon you will be back!

The last year I was living at home for Christmas my job gave us a half day on the 24th then the full day off on the 25th, the 26th was a Saturday that year so I also got Monday the 28th off in lieu of boxing day then Jan. 1st was Friday of that week (also an off day). So I took 3 days of vacation Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and ended up being off from noon on the 24th and not going back until Jan. 4th. It was great! I mean we got married on the 29th so it was also necessary, but I loved the way the days fell that year. 10 days of no work and only needed to take 3 vacation days, yes please!

Happy New Year Ladies!!
We are so close, I can't believe I have made it this far.
Although I still have panic attacks and worry, I am thinking more about what I need when baby gets here more than I am what if something happens. Which is scary, but amazing.

How is everyone feeling? I know this Christmas for us was a bit stressful and in the end me and hubs caught a head cold. Of course, his head cold is worse than mine, but honestly I am thankful I didn't get it that bad although I can't deal with the complaining about it any more.

Happy new year to you all!

Scary how we don't have long left!

Question - how many outfits and all in ones would you buy for nb, upnto 1 month and 0-3? Swaddling is also risky these days right?

We are just going to get a few of each size. Enough to get through a week or so. Once baby is here we'll pick up more and/or exchange if baby comes out too big for newborn.

Interesting what you say about swaddling. I'm in the US right now and here swaddling has become the thing to do recently.

I have heard swaddling is the way too go....
I am planning on 6 NB outfits/sleepers, 12 0-3 Sleepers and onsies to start
Socks, mits a few hats... maybe two or three outfits for when guests come but that is it.

So hungry this week! Anyone else ravenous?

I've swaddled all my babies and will with this one x

I would buy 5-6 outfits in each size as everything gets covered in poo/wee even with constant nappy changes. The more outfits you have the less washing :)

My thyroid turned out to be almost nothing. It's normal size and doesn't have any nodules but I possibly have thyroiditis, which is inflammation (but maybe it's not even that). Anyway, I have to get a referral to an endoctrinologist.

I couldn't give the cats away, felt sorry for them plus one of them is pregnant so we will soon have a baby and kittens!!!!

Hope everyone is ok :). Happy new year.

Re swaddling, tried one of these swaddle me things once but never worked for us. DD1 spent all her time asleep on me or on her dad :).

Glad your thyroid is nothing Sweetkat- that’s great.

Not sure if I am going to get a swaddle thing, but will swaddle with a blanket. Super easy and don’t have to buy all the crazy gadgets.

Just ordered our mattress from babies are us. They actually have a decent sale going on.

Ah! Went into the docs for a US to check weight due to GD and my fluids are low. They gave me a steroid shot in case she has too come early, getting the second one today.
Non stress test went great, so that is reassuring at least, and She is measuring at the 53% percentile - so no weight or growth issues due to GD. I am trying to keep calm and keep tally of all the positive things right now so I don't freak out. He did advise the was a chance she will have to come early if the fluid starts to impact her health, but at this stage we could be looking at a 37-38 week induction. Although we did discuss what would happen if she needs to be delivered in the next few weeks.

Send me prayers and positive vibes!

Hoping for the best for you and baby Myshel! 37-38 weeks wouldn't be bad at all if that is when you need to deliver. I definitely understand the worry though.

Sweetkat I'm so glad you kept your kitties. I just love my cats and can't imagine parting with them. I would start looking for homes for the kittens though. Also glad that all is well with your thyroid!

Myshel, wishing you luck and I hope you can get to 38 weeks safely! How often will they do nsts?
Sweet cat yay for keeping the cats :)

Afm, last ultrasound (4 weeks ago) put baby girl in the 41st percentile, and everything looked good. I have my next ultrasound on Friday to check her size, so hopefully she's chilling out around the same percentile! 30 weeks this week and i gained my first pound back after losing 10ish in the pregnancy. I also got a call this week that my lab results show Im anemic and I have to take extra supplements until delivery, so that's fun.

We're almost through ladies!!

Looks like I will be monitored weekly or more. Levels went down a bit more but babe looks good.
Hoping to keep her in here until 35 Weeks but could be anytime if Levels start distressing her in th womb.

Take care with the amemia darling queen! Glad she is on track so far.

I hope the anemia is easy to control darling! I'm glad everything is looking good otherwise!

Myshel - I hope baby continues to do well and stays in there as long as possible. At least at this point if she came early you can feel pretty confident that she will do alright. She would probably need some extra time in hospital, but otherwise I doubt would have any real trouble.

Hi ladies. Looks like she is coming in the next week or two (or three please!)
Levels went down again, however umbilical cord is still working well, she is still moving well which is great. If her growth scan which we are doing on Wednesday, shows she is still growing strong we will have another week at least. So fingers crossed and lots of prayers and positive thoughts.
Getting house ready as fast as possible if we can. Going out tomorrow to get some preemie things as we have nothing for preemie, just newborn. Hoping she stays in until 34 weeks and only has a small nicu stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->