March rainbows 2018

Myshel, good luck. She would be a late preemie, as 36-37 weeks is full term. She may yet hold out for a couple more weeks.

Did they say why this is happening though? Or is it just one of those things?

I am starting to feel huge and can't wait for my final scan on Monday. And our cat had 4 kittens yesterday, both me and DD1 saw them being born. They are tiny and the cutest :)

Hope everyone is ok xxx

Right now the reason is unknown. It is most likely a complication from GD and a combo of my age (yay36)
Hoping to make it to 35 weeks right now, so still pretty early but better than next week at 33 Weeks. But if she has to arrive she has to arrive, we will deal as best as we can and are getting ready for her. Going to sanitize the breast pump stuff tomorrow

I am sure it will be all be fine. Even if she was born now she would be fine.

I was born at around 30 weeks and I am 37 - in those days it was considered very early but I have never had any health issues and I am in a competitive professional position (so no mental issues either :))

Thanks ladies. I talked with my Dr friend who works at sick kids in Toronto and she really reiterated to keep calm. Baby will be fine at this point, brain is done growing the main issues with be regulating body temp, breathing and swallowing as that all really is learnt around 34 weeks. So if we go now she should be fine as she is not in distress, and is a good weight already.

Decided to head into L&D again hahaha. I had some fluid that although I didn't think was amniotic fluid, I couldn't get it out of my head that maybe I have been leaking the whole time. So anyways not leaking. YAY! Also got to fully feel hiccups which was super cool and her heartbeat was wonderful. Even the high risk ob said she is looking like she doesn't have low fluid, so that is really reassuring. She agreed the monitoring was a good idea and is glad we are coming back on Wednesday for the ultrasound.

Woke up at 3:30 and couldn't get back asleep. Little Chicken was squirming away and then I realized I was starving and got up and ate a plate of left over pasta and chicken. Mmmmmmm
So that was like a solid four hours sleep, which was fantastic. Hoping to fall back asleep in the next hour now that I am super full.

I just want to thank you ladies for all the support. I feel like I have been in panic mode for the last two weeks, but I am kind of getting back into my balance of terror and excitement. I have been able to wrap my head around what may happen if she comes early and do feel we are being taken care of well with our hospital. So now all I can do is self care, make sure we get our kick counts and be excited to meet our girl even if she is a bit early.

I'm glad you're feeling better Myshel. I totally understand the panic. I would worry too. I chatted with my husband about your situation (he's a doctor). He said if you were his patient (he's a family doctor, but his residency program has them do OB as well) he would be monitoring you regularly with a plan to get baby out if fluids got too low, but at this point would not be worried at all about the baby. He said the baby would likely need some nicu time, but that he wouldn't be concerned about survival or any long term effects and that if you hold on until even 34-35 weeks the nicu might not even be necessary. Obviously that all depends on lots of factors and variables, but the bottom line is that you are baby seem to be getting great care and are at a good point in the pregnancy that if baby needs to come early everything should be alright.

Well we made it past 33weeks!!
Next appointment is on Sunday for an NST, so that is great.
Umbilical cord flow is great, baby girl is still growing and is at 48% so 4.3 lbs as of Wednesday.
Fluid level went up slightly, but still super low. Karoolia our one pocket is 2.3 and overal is only 3.5 I think.... so really now fluid level, but we do have that one pocket which is the minimum requirement.
I still feel she is going to be coming early but feeing 34 weeks creep up on us and feeling positive!

Sweetkat how are you doing?

Darling how are you and the low iron?

Kristie - how are you? Haven't heard from you in awhile

How's everyone holding up? How is pregnancy treating you?
Anyone getting ready for baby? Are your nurseries done? We are setting up bassinet in bedroom so nursery is really just storage right now. Still haven't quite picked colour or the babies name yet. Heck the crib isn't even set up. Although I have washed everything, so that is something!

34w here and officially high risk, but good news the amniotic fluid level has increased slightly and baby girl looks great so fingers crossed we can make it too 35 weeks. This March baby is definitely going to be a February baby. Still on modified bed rest so getting bored. You tube is my best friend right now

Hello Myshel, this thread seems to have gone very quiet.

Glad you are nearly at 35 weeks. Stay where you are baby girl :)

I had a routine midwife appointment and a scare on Monday. The midwife thought the baby had tachychardia so I had to have a 2 hour monitoring session to record her movements and heart rate. All turned out fine in the end.

Now DD1 is off sick from school. It's the longest she has ever been off sick - will be 4 days tomorrow. She has been waking me up at night and getting up at 5am so I am exhausted.

DD2 will be sleeping with me - either in a co- sleeper or in bed with me, so we haven't done a nursery. I have got all of DD1's newborn and 0-3 months clothes out and bought loads of very impractical dresses, tights and shoes (never had dresses for DD1 when she was a newborn).

I am having paranoia about toxoplasmosis, autism (that one because a very good friend's daughter has recently been diagnosed), and a few random things. The autism especially seems to be an obsessive worry, grrrrrrrrr!!!!

Hope you are all calm and stress free (as can be).

Xxxxx

I'm still here and check in most days!
Things have been crazy here. Lots of tightenings since 32 weeks, lots of reduced movements, 2 growth scans and on Friday I was having proper full on contractions and random ones ever since. This baby is a little monkey.
Also dealing with my oldest son who was finally diagnosed with autism after a 7 year fight to get him tested so that's a huge relief to finally get the answer I've always known!

I'm just playing the waiting game for this baby to finally make up his mind if he's coming or not lol so draining!!!

Here as well! I have been updating in my journal every few days. Things have been quiet so not much to report really. I honestly don't know if I have even had any braxton hicks yet. Sometimes I do notice my belly is tight, but I generally don't feel it happening or notice it going back to normal.

I have an appointment tomorrow and my OB is going to check my cervix. I will be very surprised if there is any dilation yet. I guess you never know though!

I hope you aren't stressing too much sweetkat. I'm sure everything is fine with your baby.

Kirsty it sounds like baby is keeping you on your toes already!

Everyone seems to have a child with autism. It's crazy. Kirsty, are your younger two non autistic? It just always seems to be in the news or someone has a diagnosis... How old was he when you thought you knew?

I was told at my scan two weeks ago baby is 7.2 pounds. Now I am scared she will be 8 or 9 pounds and I will have to give birth naturally. My DD was only 7 pounds and that was painful enough....

No signs at all of my other two having it. I knew by the time he was one something wasn't right because he wouldn't talk. When he started nursery at 3 he could only say three words and obsess over certain activities. I was told for years it was delayed development but I always knew it wasn't. I honestly wouldn't let it worry you Hun! I still don't know where he is on the spectrum yet x

Kirsty, thank you for your reply. I am only worried because OH has high DNA fragmentation and is also 53 - both of which increase the risk of autism. I know overall the risk goes up from 1.5% for younger people to 1.6-1.7% for older dads (and I have read all the statistics - grrrrrr) but still once I get something stuck in my head that's that :)

Do you feel remotely like you might be going into labour soon? I feel nothing. No Braxton hicks, not even the slightest twinge... think I might be overdue again.

I know how you feel sweetkat, once I get a worry in my head I have a hard time getting it out as well. I wouldn't worry too much about autism though. I think we hear about it more because it is diagnosed more now than it used to be. Depending on where a child is on the spectrum it can be a very manageable thing.

I'm now going to my OB weekly. I had an appointment today and baby was very low and head down. I wasn't dilated at all though, which is fine with me. I haven't had any braxton hicks either, at least not that I have noticed. Hoping I don't go overdue.

Kristi - I am glad you finally have a diagnosis for your little one. It is so hard having to fight with doctors trying to get something like that done, especially when no one is taking you seriously. My aunt had the same fight with my cousin years ago.
Ah! Contractions already. So exciting, you will be meeting this little one soon!

Karoolia- This little one has been really low and head down for weeks, but the doctors say that every baby is normal so they don't think I will go into labour naturally before they induce me. I haven't oticed any contractions or BH to be honest. Although all I am paying attention too is movement at this point to make sure she isn't in distress.

Sweetkat - there are so many things out of our control. I would try to not think about the idea of the baby having any mental issues. You will love your baby no matter what and although I hear you on the fragmentation (my husbands # are awful) it isn't something that can really be fixed or done anything about at this point. At this stage just worry about the getting to the end and having a healthy baby.

Little baby girl is wiggling nicely today. We have a NST test tomorrow and then a growth scan on Friday. Hoping she is doing well and growing big so we can make it another week! Can't believe we are already almost 35 weeks!

The heartburn though, OMG!

Hi everyone hope you are well! How's there final pregnancy days going for you ladies?

I'm now officially at 2x a week for NSTs until delivery so that's fun, but she's growing just fine she was 52%time last ultrasound, although out of all the measurements her head was measuring 2 weeks ahead, Oh boy Im going to have another big headed kid hahaha my son was only 5lbs but he tore me bad because his head was so big lol... but yeah so far the umbilical cord issue hasn't been an issue. As for iron I won't know until 36 weeks which is when they'll recheck. So far the nsts have been good, she squirms around quite enough to get what they need. I'll say i am tired of going to the doctor so often though haha i also go to the chiropractor daily mon-thur.. So it's a lot of out and about

Hope tog are all healthy and happy!

Darling - glad she is still wiggling and measuring on track!

Afm I am Checked into the hospital for monitoring. Went in for movements and her heart rate dropped a few fines so they want to make sure she is ok. Hoping that we can keep her in here but know she is in the right place if not.
Wish me luck ladies, I am trying to stay calm

Good luck Myshel. Keep us updated.

I have just been to the dr to ask if I have to wait until 41&3 for an induction (that's when they normally do it at my hospital). As I am 38&5 by scan he said I could have a sweep today. Have decided to wait until next Thursday and then have the sweep.

Apparently at 41&3 the induction has more chance of ending up an instrumental delivery (forceps) or a c section. So the dr did say having the sweep is more natural but it may not work.

As 38 weeks is full term and I am officially 38&5 I could be going into labour any day in theory :). And the baby is head down and engaged :)

I will keep you updated. So Myshel, looks like I may have DD2 before you :)

Xxx

I hope you do sweetkat! So exciting for you, are you trying to start labour in your own yet?

I don't think any eating spicy food or stuff like that works. Not doing anything. Might yet start on its own. Actually my mum isn't coming until Wednesday, so I don't want to go into labour until then :)

How is everything with huh Myshel? Have you had any more assessments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->