MAY 2018 Testing Group, Mother's Day Hopefuls: APRIL BFNs BRING MAY BFPs

Congrats on BFP! What dpo are you? How have your symptoms been?

Afm, 4 or 5 dpo... time is going so slow!

I am a drink till it's pink... I read red wine helps with implantation... I'm not talking hammertime but that occasional wine or dark beer. It's not going to hurt.

I think im about 7dpo. Hubs doesnt want me to test until mothers day but i totally want to start now! Lol

AliJo - Wow! that's crazy. Glad everything was okay though. FX for an early O.

Harley2015 & Ella - Grrr, sorry the witch got you. Best of luck next cycle.

Motherofcorgi - I'm not a heavy drinker at all. I totally support the drink till it's pink movement. Even in my TWW I'll have a glass of wine if we're out. I really don't think it's enough to harm your baby if you were pregnant and I'm a strong believer that we can't put our lives on hold by constantly living in the "what if world".

crusherwife44 - we won't tell if you test early. lol

CD31 and 14DPO. Temp is dropping. Happy to see that for the first time ever. It doesn't feel like AF is coming today though, so I think she may be right on time tomorrow. DH is doing his repeat SA today, and we're praying for better results than last time. FX Should be a very exciting cycle for us coming up. Just waiting to report my Day 1 for cycle monitoring.

Dream lol thanks for being willing to keep a secret. Idk if i will or not. Im in the middle of moving and will be busy .... But probably just not busy enough... Lol

Thanks for the responses so far! What about coffee? I switched to an herbal coffee substitute that is caffeine free called Teeccino, and it's really good but it's just not quite the same as coffee! I only have one cup in the morning and now that I've eliminated it, I'm craving it so badly lol

Not much to add regarding coffee. I rarely drink it, but I do have a large green tea every morning. That's the extent of my caffeine. I don't know what the 'right' answer is but I think everything in moderation should be okay.

Happy Monday!

MotherofCorgi- I have been terrible keeping up as well. I'm new though so I'll credit it to that. haha Anyway, I'm drink til it's pink. I read somewhere that the mother and child don't share blood until something like the 4th or 5th week so I don't worry too much about the TWW timeframe.

BFN for me, although it's not surprising as this was our first cycle actually trying. It also helps that in 2 weeks we'll be taking our belated honeymoon so I'll be able to enjoy without the worry of morning sickness, etc. I actually think DH was more disappointed than me. He pointed out that in high school they made it sound like getting pregnant was so easy without protection, but when you're actually trying it doesn't happen. I'm not sure how he will handle it if this is a long process, but we'll cross that bridge as it comes.

Hugs to all BFNs and congrats to all BFPs!

Yea not much of a coffee drinker either but I do drink different types of teas. I think anything in moderation at this time is okay.

Good question! I had a fosters shandy the other day didn’t even think to be honest! I’m not s drinker at all infact it was months and months ago that I had a drink and I just fancied one as it’s been such a hot few days!

Congrats JL :happydance:!!

Sorry for those AF caught or bfns. Keeping us all in my prayers to be added to the bfp list soon. :flower:

Corgi:I had so much coffee today that I forgot to eat. :haha:

I'm only 8dpo but OSOM bfn....yes, I cheated. My cycle has been so messed up. I had a blaring OPK for 3 days!! Like steal the control line away blazing. And a positive progesterone test on 5dpo but here I am at 8dpo ? and both tests are still positive.

:shrug:
Can you ovulate and still have a high LH?:dohh:

I also drink quite a bit of coffee. I try to cut back from 4 cups a day to 2 cups once I find out I'm pregnant. It's rough! I love my coffee!

CD 36. Still no AF. BFN again yesterday. Not testing again until Wednesday. Went back and looked at my posts from when I conceived with my son and I didn’t even get the teeniest tiniest faintest line until 15 DPO. So there is still hope. Even though it feels hopeless. Lol

Congrats, jl! I am so happy for you! :dance:

As for me, I think it's safe to call it, ladies! :bfp: is official! My test lines are pretty much showing up as dark as the control, and I'm past my AF date with no bleeding (knock on wood) and my temps are still nicely elevated. I've booked an appointment for my 8 week scan at the beginning of June!

Weighing in on the coffee debate, most places say that 1-2 regular-sized cups of homebrew a day are safe during pregnancy. I cut it out initially during my pregnancy with DS, but it was the only thing that helped with my constipation, so my midwife ordered me to drink a cup a day to keep things moving. :lol:

Dill - I used coffee to keep things moving as well!

I kept it at one cup of coffee during my first, but with my second I allowed myself a couple here and there, but tried to keep it at one! I think they say no more than 200 mg of caffeine a day. So, just be mindful of how much caffeine is in your drinks and you should be okay!

CD 36. Still no AF. BFN again yesterday. Not testing again until Wednesday. Went back and looked at my posts from when I conceived with my son and I didn’t even get the teeniest tiniest faintest line until 15 DPO. So there is still hope. Even though it feels hopeless. Lol

I'm the exact same! CD33 and no AF. I've had cramps for the last few days but I usually cramp then AF starts straight away! This is day 3 of cramps and nothing!

So CD33 and haven't tested today. Going to hold off to morning and test then! I am so tired today, though I'm only home at 9pm after leaving my house at half 11 this morning. Went on another day trip while the weather is nice in the UK. Longest ever cycle was 35 days but that was a one off. FX it's not what is happening now and that I just implanted late!

Dill - I used coffee to keep things moving as well!

I kept it at one cup of coffee during my first, but with my second I allowed myself a couple here and there, but tried to keep it at one! I think they say no more than 200 mg of caffeine a day. So, just be mindful of how much caffeine is in your drinks and you should be okay!

Yes, I've read 200 mg or as much as 300 mg... it seems to depend on the source. But that's enough for up to 3 cups of homebrew a day, generally speaking. There are lots of places where you can look up caffeine content online. You mostly have to be careful with energy drinks and teas/coffees from coffee shops because some of those are really loaded (usually because they have an espresso base).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->