May due dates lets labor watch :-)

No dtd here, just had massive blowout with pain in the butt OH. Rolling my hips while sitting on my ball, muttering to myself about how annoying he is.

I haven't checked this thread in a while. Congrats to everyone who had their babies!!!

At my last appt, I was only a fingertip dilated, and head wasn't against cervix, so she couldn't do a sweep :(

Now, no more appointments until next friday, when I will be 40+2.

I am seriously hoping that the BHs I am getting turn into something more productive!! Otherwise, I could be here until the 30th :cry:

Nothing exciting here.

I did the labour dance that my oh had read about, it was tiring and I'm not holding on to much hope that it will work but oh well it was kinda fun :haha:

I also did some nipple stimulation which I have heard has great results.

Just a waiting game now :haha:

It was something to do whilst watching masterchef :rofl:

Oh wont dtd though I've tried and he's not having any of it :rofl:

I refuse to tell DH about nipple stimulation. He really thinks all these at-home "encouragements" for labour are dangerous. So if I told him then it would be no more fun for me. However, no matter how much we mess around nothing happens. :( And I'm too swollen inside to even make proper DTD possible.

^ I know, it's been uncomfy for me for a while now to DTD. I just did nipple stimulation for about 5secs but so much colostrum comes out I'm scared to waste it haha. Is it true baby will still get it for x amount of days after birth? I don't want to tip my supply down the drain, so to speak.

Delivering the placenta will trigger your body to produce milk. So no amount of squeezing or pumping now is going to effect your supply after baby is born. Some women get milk in a day or two others it can be five days after birth. All the while baby will be receiving colostrum.

OH has finally joined us at our new house! Although he drove 30 hours straight so he's sleeping right now but told me to wake him up to dtd when I come to bed. Will be the first time we've had sex in like two months! Hope it triggers something but my midwife called me today and said she's gone in the mountains till Sunday so to keep calling if she doesn't pick up. So maybe it's best if it's not this weekend since I keep having dreams she doesn't make it in time :haha:

^ I know, it's been uncomfy for me for a while now to DTD. I just did nipple stimulation for about 5secs but so much colostrum comes out I'm scared to waste it haha. Is it true baby will still get it for x amount of days after birth? I don't want to tip my supply down the drain, so to speak.

I think once the placenta is out your body triggers a hormone that will give baby all he/she needs. x

I've lit my oil burner up now with Jasmine.... hoping it does its job. It smells nice though so that's a bonus x

I think once the placenta is out your body triggers a hormone that will give baby all he/she needs. x

Delivering the placenta will trigger your body to produce milk. So no amount of squeezing or pumping now is going to effect your supply after baby is born. Some women get milk in a day or two others it can be five days after birth. All the while baby will be receiving colostrum.

OH has finally joined us at our new house! Although he drove 30 hours straight so he's sleeping right now but told me to wake him up to dtd when I come to bed. Will be the first time we've had sex in like two months! Hope it triggers something but my midwife called me today and said she's gone in the mountains till Sunday so to keep calling if she doesn't pick up. So maybe it's best if it's not this weekend since I keep having dreams she doesn't make it in time :haha:

Good to know, thanks :)

:lol: Aw it's nice your hubby's with you, frustrating trying to balance everything, though!

I'm still having no symptoms, and just a massive cold with a sore throat. I've dtd loads, walked nearly all day for three days and nothing! I'm just going to lie in bed today being moody!

Come on babies!

Don't worry, I'm still breastfeeding and your body will just continue producing colostrum until your milk comes in:)

Aw you'll definitely have your baby soon though! Did I read on this thread - or somewhere else - that things are moving along for you? Keeping my fingers crossed for you :D

Aw thanks :D Yeah, things are moving albeit sloooooooooowly. I liked that the consultant said today obstetrics is not an exact science and even predicted due dates and ultrasound measurements are skewed with human error - exactly what we've been saying all along - and that it's merely a guestimate and babies all gestate for different periods. He's happy, we're happy, his resident doc isn't but que sera sera, she has to know her place :lol:

Sounds like you've got a great consultant!

And now the weather is lovely in the uk! Someone had better invite us to a bbq else I'll be sad with cankles!

Im not sure whats just happened! I got out of bed and had a gush. Maybe a shot glass or two worth of a gush that soak my underwear. So I went to the toilet and whatever it is is white fluid mixed with some bits of plug. Really confused! Guess ill be spending this lovely day being checked over at hospital x

Sounds like you've got a great consultant!

It's the first time I've seen him - so pleased! We usually just get a string of residents; I saw a consultant when we declined amnio testing after 1in38 T21 results, and again, he was happy with us signing off on it. It seems older/more experienced doctors are less panic-stations than the young'uns!).

I don't know whether the consultant was there randomly or because his resident had asked him to attend as we'd hit the 42-wk mark. We told him why we want to wait (our dates different to theirs, risk of waiting v risk of induction etc) and after examining me, he agreed with us. :)

Im not sure whats just happened! I got out of bed and had a gush. Maybe a shot glass or two worth of a gush that soak my underwear. So I went to the toilet and whatever it is is white fluid mixed with some bits of plug. Really confused! Guess ill be spending this lovely day being checked over at hospital x

Ooooh, sounds exciting... good luck! x

i was about to put that all that labour dance did make the muscles in the top of my legs hurt because ive not used them for ages

but when i just went to the loo im losing what im hoping is a bit of my bloody show

Good luck ladies and congrats to all those who have had their babies! I posted my birth story but am unable to copy and paste the link from my phone.

Well, I'm quite glad baby is sparing me of having to deal with the oven that is our hospital's maternity ward! It is so hot today! Plus I get to go to a baby clothes swap that I wouldn't have been able to if she'd arrived by now... so we get some extra clothes for newborn and some bigger ones for our boy :) Awesome!

LO is with my parents for a little while and then we get to eat bbq chicken round their house when we get back!

The Sanctuary cooling foot and leg lotion is also working a treat for me today :)

Such a nice day...................................... really hope nothing will change the lovely plans.........:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->