May Emeralds 2014! :)

Gaves I find liquid gaviscon to be the most effective, although not complete. I'm talking a daily losec, with the occasional zantac, gaviscon pet much daily, and the occasional Tums... heartburn is a regular complaint here

Are piles/hemmeroids the same thing?
I think I have/them/it whatever it is.
I've not been straining or anything and my water intake is the normal amount but I don't usually go for a number two for two/three days anyway and when I do it's not difficult to go.

It isn't sore, just uncomfortable and was wondering how to fix it? :haha: I've heard of germaloids in the uk, they have quite a big range, from suppositories to sprays and creams.
I don't really want to be seeing a doctor! Any advice? Sorry for the tmi post!

I had the same issue a few weeks ago. It was nothing I was doing. Dr told Me to use the hemmeroid wipes and gel or cream. They have steroids in which will shrink it and help with relief in the meantime. Good luck!

Thanks gaves!
Heading to the pharmacy today after dropped Dd at nursery.
Think I'll grab cream for the night time and some sort of spray or wipes for the day. Just don't want it to get too sore!!! Eeek

Forgot to also suggest the pre moistened wipes. I got the cottonell ones to use instead of reg toilet paper. That's a HUGE help! Try a warm compress too.

Awesome! I walked past them earlier and thought that might be a wonderful change. Will certainly be getting some.
Just waiting for my doctor to call me back and say it's ok to use creams etc

Gaves I find liquid gaviscon to be the most effective, although not complete. I'm talking a daily losec, with the occasional zantac, gaviscon pet much daily, and the occasional Tums... heartburn is a regular complaint here

Tums were my only friend.
But to be honest, eating helps? Bit strange but if I get too hungry, heartburn attacks badly.

Anyone ever taken Benedryl while preg? I dont want to take anything at all but this is now day 2-3 of a sinus headache. I get really bad allergies this time of year and with the weather being warm the past few days, its killing me! I tried a tylanol last night, which of course did nothing and I dont want to take those either since it doesnt touch the ache. Websites and my Dr had told me Benedryl was ok but I just hate taking things!

I have midwife appointment in an hour, prenatal class tonight, then tomorrow morning growth scan, which I didn't know I had until they called today at 9! Just when I all I want is stay home and rest, I have to do the opposite!
Doesn't help that OH was supposed to work the night shift today, but at 8.30 his boss texted him saying he had a job to do, so there goes our plans to go shopping for baby stuff after my appointment.
Baby had been calm all day and waited until I was in bed to start wriggling... and of course I had a lot of BH, period-like pain, and damn nausea. So I didn't sleep well, didn't sleep a lo, and as a result I'm even more irritable. Nearly told the hospital to go f herself when she said what time my appointment was.

Sorry for the rant :haha:

Anyone ever taken Benedryl while preg? I dont want to take anything at all but this is now day 2-3 of a sinus headache. I get really bad allergies this time of year and with the weather being warm the past few days, its killing me! I tried a tylanol last night, which of course did nothing and I dont want to take those either since it doesnt touch the ache. Websites and my Dr had told me Benedryl was ok but I just hate taking things!

If all the info you checked says it is safe then you should be able take it if your symptoms are really getting to you that much. Perhaps you could take a half dose to help ease your mind? I do that with Tylenol. No matter the pain I only take 1 tablet instead of the recommended 2. Maybe even cut a pill in half just so you can take the edge off.

I hope the allergens ease up a bit! It's supposed to be a bad year for those in our area and I've noticed a few flare ups myself. I had allergies bad as a child and have mostly outgrown them but when the allergens are high I will have a reaction.

Ok so I know this is unlikely but I've watched all the matrix movies so don't like to rule anything out. What are the chances my work building is moving further away from my bus stop everyday?

I'm fairly certain the half mile walk was at least 10 miles this morning and the moving thing actually seems plausible at this point! :D

Ok so I know this is unlikely but I've watched all the matrix movies so don't like to rule anything out. What are the chances my work building is moving further away from my bus stop everyday?

I'm fairly certain the half mile walk was at least 10 miles this morning and the moving thing actually seems plausible at this point! :D

Highly likely. I'm sure gravity is getting stronger too.

Oh my gosh!

Baby's WILL be here next week!

We've all come so far.... When all our babies are here we should keep this thread going to watch them all grow up together and help/advise as we hit hurdles in the first few months!?

Defiantly! :)

I'm so excited for you Felix, our first team yellow to be revealed! Ahhhhhh!

I'm so excited to find out the sex now. Im sure its a boy... We shall see! 6 days to go xxx

I took benadryl. The only thing they told me was don't take it 24 hours before an appointment, NST, or ultrasound since it can make baby sleepy. But other than that you should be fine.

Bumpin - That's great to hear that your friends little one is doing well.

Hannah - Glad to hear that you had a lovely baby shower, love your cake :D Happy 5th birthday to Ava :)

Magic - Sounds like you are ready to go! :thumbup:

I can't believe how close we are all getting to meeting our babies now, how exciting! :dance:

Hannah, happy birthday to Ava :D! least your not having two with the same birthdays :haha:

38 week appointment today. I was not dilated or effaced at all last week. Today I am ½cm dilated and 60% effaced. Baby is very, very low. OB could almost feel the head. Said to walk a ton.

I was this dilated/effaced with Tori at 40 weeks so hopefully this is something.

Shannon, sounds promising! Hope bubs is getting ready :)

It does sound promising!

My midwife doesn't check dilatation unless asked, so I've no idea if I am dilated or not... We (mw and I) thought I'd give birth early but so far it doesn't look like I'm anywhere near the end. It's unfortunate, because OH and I are getting very impatient.

I've learned today that I've got strep b. I know for a fact I'm not allergic to the antibiotics they will give me during delivery, but I'm still not looking forward to that! The brightside is that at my birth center, you're not "plugged in" all the time, so it won't keep me from moving about and getting in the bath. I've heard that it's not the case everywhere, so I guess I'm lucky.

Thanks girls :) and nic I know!!! It's 23dd the baby can come now :haha: well after I go out :lol:

Fleur - I was group b strep with Ava ( I didn't know about it and she was really poorly :( ) so they give you anti b with your next one aswell just incase which I'm glad of, I don't want a poorly baby again :( I'm gonna find it so strange leaving hospital before baby's 2 weeks old this time :shock:

Had 38 midwife appointment. Bub is 4/5ths engaged and I'm measuring 4weeks behind so 34 instead of 38 growth scan on Friday!

Had 38 midwife appointment. Bub is 4/5ths engaged and I'm measuring 4weeks behind so 34 instead of 38 growth scan on Friday!

Good he's engaged, mines 4/5ths too! :thumbup:

And in a way it's nice you have a growth scan to break up the time between now and birth! Hope all goes well xxx

Good luck amour! Hopefully baby decides to come soon!

Hope all is well on your scan Nic

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->