• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May/June Flowers 2023

I'm so sorry, @IsabellaJayne . I've been reading along here and there, and hoping that you were going to get good news. I had two losses last year that involved weeks of scans to "wait and see". Obviously, those times of waiting were terrible, and I didn't get any good news. It was awful- but I did get the closure of knowing that I waited it out, and knew that there was nothing I could do. Whatever happens, it isn't anything you did or will do that will lead to a positive or negative outcome. It has been out of your hands this whole time. But you did the best thing that you could by waiting for and insisting on that final scan. You will never wonder "what if", and I found that very comforting. They also let me see the screen so that I would know and see for myself. I'll still pray you get a miracle, and if not- I hope that you will find comfort in knowing that you did everything possible. Please look after yourself.

I'm so sorry, @IsabellaJayne . I've been reading along here and there, and hoping that you were going to get good news. I had two losses last year that involved weeks of scans to "wait and see". Obviously, those times of waiting were terrible, and I didn't get any good news. It was awful- but I did get the closure of knowing that I waited it out, and knew that there was nothing I could do. Whatever happens, it isn't anything you did or will do that will lead to a positive or negative outcome. It has been out of your hands this whole time. But you did the best thing that you could by waiting for and insisting on that final scan. You will never wonder "what if", and I found that very comforting. They also let me see the screen so that I would know and see for myself. I'll still pray you get a miracle, and if not- I hope that you will find comfort in knowing that you did everything possible. Please look after yourself.

exactly this! Thank you! I said there’s no way I’m going to let you diagnose this off one single scan! Especially when you’ve said this the last 2 times I’ve been pregnant and then a baby has appeared. Obviously if there’s nothing there on Sunday I’ll take comfort in knowing I gave my little baby the best chance I could. I agree with every word you’ve said. I’m sorry for your previous losses x

exactly this! Thank you! I said there’s no way I’m going to let you diagnose this off one single scan! Especially when you’ve said this the last 2 times I’ve been pregnant and then a baby has appeared. Obviously if there’s nothing there on Sunday I’ll take comfort in knowing I gave my little baby the best chance I could. I agree with every word you’ve said. I’m sorry for your previous losses x

*Especially* when you got conflicting info about whether it was a gestational sac or just a cyst.

And I've also been doing some reading that the only really accurate way to diagnose a CSEP is to follow up via MRI.
The good news about a CSEP vs a regular ectopic is that there is more time to get second opinions as there isn't the same timeline to prevent a rupture. Which Is why I really can't understand why he's pushing so hard

*Especially* when you got conflicting info about whether it was a gestational sac or just a cyst.

And I've also been doing some reading that the only really accurate way to diagnose a CSEP is to follow up via MRI.
The good news about a CSEP vs a regular ectopic is that there is more time to get second opinions as there isn't the same timeline to prevent a rupture. Which Is why I really can't understand why he's pushing so hard

yes I also read this about the MRI. I asked him and he said “yes that’s the only way to know but I think we need to act now”. He’s basically saying it’s impossible to have HCG of over 9000 and not see anything. Today he said the doctor who told me on Tuesday that it was a sac was incorrect (he was a junior). So you can see why I don’t know what to do or where to put my trust. I’m glad I stood my ground and gave bean a few more days to show now my HCG is over 20,000

I can't find it and don't know what to search for to be able to find it, but in one of my pregnancy Facebook groups I've seen a chart that shows the average minimum HCG amount to see each stage of development (gest sac, yolk sac, fetal pole, heartbeat). And while the *average* level to see each part was low, there was also a chart showing what HCG level would show each stage in 99% of viable pregnancies - and the difference between average and 99% was *huge*. Since I can't reference it I can't be sure, but I am thinking the 99% chance of seeing a sac had a much higher HCG than 9000 (average to see it being 1500)

I was incorrect. I found the breakdown of the study. But I still have my fingers crossed for Sunday.

Screenshot_20220916-173845.png

Thank you! I guess it just all boils down to Sunday now. I’ve been awake for 2 hours (it’s 2am here) can’t sleep convinced I have discomfort around my left side. I think it’s because I’m thinking about it all the time. I’m prepared that it’s bad news. I have found a few miracle stories but not many

@IsabellaJayne wow. Thats horrible they wanted to go ahead without a second scan. So glad you advocated for youself and the baby to give a fighting chance- takes courage to do! I really hope you have a positive outcome instead of what you expect and im so sorry you are going through this. :hug:

I just don’t understand why they couldn’t scan you yesterday. It seems cruel to leave you waiting. I’ve been scanned twice in one week loads of times it don’t make any sense.

so cruel. Spent all night awake. All day worrying today. Every single niggle makes me frightened. I’ve got a day out planned with all my girls today and I just want to enjoy it without being scared to death about whether I’m going to bleed at any second. They’re breaking so called protocol by scanning me on Sunday morning anyway as that’s only 5 days after and not 7 so why not just do it yesterday?! I don’t understand

@IsabellaJayne i am thinking of you nonstop. It’s awful being up all night on edge and in panic. I am no stranger to that. I am praying for you and that sweet little babe.

i had cramps that kept me up half the night too, mostly because I was panicked and not because they were so painful. But they’re still happening now. I am so scared! No bleeding at all, yet anyway. And my symptoms are ramping up too (nausea, constipation, bloating, moodiness). I hope it’s just a growth spurt combined with GI issues.

How is everyone else feeling?

@IsabellaJayne I'm thinking of you <3 Still praying for your miracle!

@MrsKatie hope your cramps are just growth/GI. Cramps are so unnerving when you're pregnant! I hope the increase in symptoms is a great sign though.

I'm doing good. I've had some gas cramps (which puts me on edge but then it feels better when it passes lol. Sorry TMI). I'm just waiting to start feeling pregnant more. For me, morning sickness usually kicks in right around 6 weeks. I was 6 weeks on the dot with both of my other kids when it hit like a mac truck, so hoping for the same this time for peace of mind. I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow <3

@IsabellaJayne
Just popped in to wish you all the best with you scan. I really hope it’s good news for you. I will be thinking of you good luck love

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->