May/June Flowers 2023

I used the CB digital with weeks since conception indicator and both tests died on the same day! I was gutted the result didn't stick around longer!

My baby is so active. I have mixed feelings about his or her movements at the moment - sometimes the big twists and rolls they pull off can feel a little gross if I'm honest :sick: But I do enjoy feeling them move for the most part. I'm 35 weeks now so the baby's movements are suuuuper visible from the outside - my whole belly seems to rock from side to side :lol:

Hope you don't mind me gatecrashing in your group! I think I might be the only person in the Jan/Feb group who hasn't had their baby yet, and it's getting a little lonely over there by myself lol:headspin:
Welcome!!! I’ll so jealous, I’d love to be 35 weeks. But yeah it’s tough at the end when everyone else is having theirs and every day feels like ten years.

@MrsKatie yay for 24 weeks! Love the little milestones of weeks as we get this far along means so much!

@3boys sorry about the spd and gd that really sucks! Hopefully the next few months arent too rough on you!

I've still been very on/off with nausea and vomiting. (Threw up this morning ugh). 21 weeks today! Also had my scan, we go such a good foot pic! Bub was good for all but the profile pic, stubborn acrobat had their whole legs and feet up over their head in a ball haha was pretty funny but meant it took 20 mins just to get the profile photo. Managed to get theough the scan without being flashed so surprise at birth gender still a go!

View attachment 1113874 View attachment 1113875
Sooo adorable ❤️ Hi baby!!! My little guy had his legs up over his head the whole time too lol! And didn’t give us a profile until the end lol! Silly babies!

I used the CB digital with weeks since conception indicator and both tests died on the same day! I was gutted the result didn't stick around longer!

My baby is so active. I have mixed feelings about his or her movements at the moment - sometimes the big twists and rolls they pull off can feel a little gross if I'm honest :sick: But I do enjoy feeling them move for the most part. I'm 35 weeks now so the baby's movements are suuuuper visible from the outside - my whole belly seems to rock from side to side :lol:

Hope you don't mind me gatecrashing in your group! I think I might be the only person in the Jan/Feb group who hasn't had their baby yet, and it's getting a little lonely over there by myself lol:headspin:
Welcome! Join away!

I love seeing all the scans coming in! I like how we have a wide range group of dates so we’re able to still see some earlier scans and have some of you ladies hitting viability!

I hope overall everyone is doing well. I have been BEYOND fatigued since right. George Christmas when I was so sick and all I do is nap and work! The nausea isn’t as bad, but I still have to take zofran about once a day in the evening. I scanned myself at work yesterday and baby was moving a TON! I haven’t felt anything yet, but with being overweight and first time mom I’m not expecting to. I felt two weird “pops” yesterday that may have been something, but I also still have a lot of GI upset a lot of days so, it’s hard to tell if that may have just been gas :haha: My next Appt and scan is Jan 30!

It’s been pretty quiet in here lately. I think most of us are sailing through lol.

@mbrew180 sorry about the fatigue! Hopefully it will fade soon! I’m sure you’ll be feeling baby soon Also still super jealous you can scan yourself and peek on baby occasionally lol!

AFM, I’m 23 weeks today. Feels like things are flying by! Baby boy is definitely getting bigger/stronger because his kicks and jabs are getting so strong and I feel him pretty much all day—and definitely at night when I’m trying to sleep lol! DH and DD have also been able to feel him kick now ❤️ It blows my mind that he’s about the size DD was when she was born (she was born at 27 weeks, measuring the size of a 23 week old).

@mbrew180 yay for baby moving heaps! I was over 19 weeks when i felt movements with my first :) i had anterior placenta, which i apparently have this time too! I made sure to ask at the scan lol sorry you've been so tired! Hopefully passes soon

@markswife10 i agree it feels like its flying! Doesnt feel as fast as the lead up to Christmas though, that was crazy!

Hubby has decided to go out and work for himself so we are currently in the process of setting up a business partnership to help pay less tax/means i can work from home doing the bookkeeping and general admin stuff. Will be nice to not worry about childcare! I do worry about juggling work and baby but know my husband will step up/i will have very flexible work hours.

My back pain has been flaring up so much lately, i hate that paracetamol doesn't really do much for back pain. So trying to not do too much as everything is aggrevating it (including relaxing lol).

That's great! Good luck with the business, I hope it is successful :)

Sorry your back pain is flaring up :hugs:

Oof the back pain sounds awful :( I have been doing barre workouts most mornings and I think those help. I think they have a million on YouTube!

oh my gosh so exciting hubby is breaking off on his own! Keep us posted!

@markswife10 oh teeny tiny baby!! Did you just spontaneously go into labor with her?

i have been getting HORRIBLE leg cramps at night- they feel like contraction-level pain in my calf that wraps around to the front too, it’s sheer agony, it’s indescribable. I am talking to the midwife about them tomorrow! Definitely drinking a ton of electrolyte water and taking potassium and calcium/magnesium but I guess I might still be deficient.

In less than 2 weeks I will be in the third trimester, absolutely cannot believe it!

@MrsKatie No I never went into labor with her. I got severe preeclampsia early. She was born at 27 weeks, but was only measuring 23 weeks (she had IUGR). She was 1lb 5.9oz and 11.4" long, spent 84 days in the NICU. Thankfully I was able to avoid preeclampsia with my son and I'm praying I avoid it again this time as well! One baby with that much drama is enough for me lol! We tell this little guy all the time that he has to stay put until his scheduled c-section date lol!

Last edited:
This was our first family pic taken with her, she was almost a month old in this pic and not quite 2lbs yet. Just shows how teeny she really was! She was so small my husband's wedding ring fit on her arm!

1425414_10202267417742823_691335233_o.jpg

@AlwaysTheAunt sorry about the back pain! That doesn't sound fun :( Exciting about the new business venture though!

@MrsKatie yay for the 3rd tri coming up soon! It's so crazy how far along we're all getting! I have one more OB appointment (next week) before I'm in the 3rd tri then I have the lovely GD test in early March. Not looking forward to that!
Sorry about the leg cramps! That sounds awful! Ouch!

Lately I've been getting a lot of heartburn. Funny thing is I've been noticing water causes it. Like, seriously? I'm trying to drink lots of water, but then heartburn hits. Ugh! Tums are my BFF lately.

@MrsKatie oh gosh i wouldnt be able to stand the leg pain. Hope the midwives can help suss why its happening thats awful! I might try suss some pregnancy friendly back pain workouts if they exist. I need something its very frustrating doing the smallest thing then not being able to walk. Woo! Almost 3rd trimester thats awesome, means the rest of us arent too far behind lol

@markswife10 omg she was tiny! Hopefully no preeclampsia this time too. My sister had it with my niece, thankfully she was full term though (38 weeks i think?) So had a c-sec. I swear the weirdest things happen with pregnancy! I couldnt drink water with my daughter it made me feel so sick, this time its soft drink which is a good thing lol

@MrsKatie oh gosh i wouldnt be able to stand the leg pain. Hope the midwives can help suss why its happening thats awful! I might try suss some pregnancy friendly back pain workouts if they exist. I need something its very frustrating doing the smallest thing then not being able to walk. Woo! Almost 3rd trimester thats awesome, means the rest of us arent too far behind lol

@markswife10 omg she was tiny! Hopefully no preeclampsia this time too. My sister had it with my niece, thankfully she was full term though (38 weeks i think?) So had a c-sec. I swear the weirdest things happen with pregnancy! I couldnt drink water with my daughter it made me feel so sick, this time its soft drink which is a good thing lol

My mom had it full term as well! It was a shocker and scary for me to get it so early, but our little miracle was worth it ❤️ because she was so tiny they had to cut me vertically during the c-section so any babies since have to be scheduled c-sections at 36-37 weeks (I have risk of uterine rupture if I don’t deliver early, and absolutely NO VBAC as an option). So this baby will be born probably last week of April or first week of May. They are planning on scheduling it at my 28 week OB appointment.

I couldn’t drink water with my daughter. Every time I tried I’d get sick lol! This little guy seems to prefer water (especially ice water) but lately it causes heartburn lol. Pregnancy is so weird sometimes :haha:

@markswife10 and @AlwaysTheAunt Thank you! I know how incredibly lucky I am to work in the field and have so much available to me!

@markswife10 What a lovely family pic! I know that had to be scary while everything was going on, but I'm glad everyone is ok now.

@AlwaysTheAunt back pain can be so terrible! I go to a chiropractor that's certified in Webster and pregnancy. I also suggest a support belt and I'll try to attach some safe stretches you can do!

@MrsKatie I'm sorry you're having the leg pain! I hope they can figure out something else to help you out, let us know how things are going!

Attachments

• J Midwife Womens Health - 2017 - - Back Pain During Pregnancy.pdf
    303.7 KB · Views: 3
Thanks ladies for your kind words! I’ve added extra potassium and magnesium and so far no more leg cramps so fx.

I can’t believe in 8 days I’ll be in the final trimester. I am so excited. Not impatient (yet) just so so excited. It still feels completely surreal that we get to welcome another member to our family.

Doing the glucose tolerance screen tomorrow, I really hope I pass!

How is everyone feeling?

I’m feeling good! Keeping a close eye on my BP at home out of precaution with my history, so far it’s been my normal super low numbers (think 90’s/60’s lol).

Little guy is kicking all day long and I love it so much! It is definitely my favorite part of pregnancy ❤️

Today is 24 weeks for me so yay viability week!!! :happydance: :dance:It feels like a big milestone! Now he just needs to stay put for 12-13 more weeks [-o<:)

OmG i failed the 1-hour glucose tolerance test by ONE POINT. I am so upset. Got 131 and the cutoff is 130.

You get me @markswife10!!!
So beautiful!
Happy 24 weeks <3

Thank you! <3

I'm sorry you failed your glucose test by 1 point. That stinks. Are they making you take the 3 hour? When I was pregnant with my son I failed the first one miserably, but the second one I only failed by 2 points so I still had to check my sugar. But my numbers were never bad so I think I just barely scooted over the diagnosis line. Hopefully I'll pass the first one this time. Not looking forward to that test, especially with what happened with my son lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->