May/June Flowers 2023

@3boys wowsers 10 lbs! I hope thats a little off lol i cant easily convert kg to pounds but know thats a decent size lol my 37 week scan estimated this baby to be 3.1kg so im interested to find out how big they actually are at birth!

@3boys wowsers 10 lbs! I hope thats a little off lol i cant easily convert kg to pounds but know thats a decent size lol my 37 week scan estimated this baby to be 3.1kg so im interested to find out how big they actually are at birth!
Thank you. Yep I’m hoping it’s wrong too. I’ve had 3 scans all estimating him to be very much on the big side and I feel it with my bump size/pelvic pain/his movements but I’m hoping his growth has slowed since my last scan at 36 weeks. I have an induction booked for Wednesday so i guess we’ll find out then. :haha:

I just asked mt husband yesterday if he'd like to announce the gender and he said he hadnt thought of it. Soni told him to think about it because i think it'd be a nice moment :) i would love the find out at birth ones if i was a midwife!
That’s a lovely idea. I didn’t find out on my 3rd as I was desperate for a girl and didn’t want to deal with disappointment before the birth. It was amazing holding him for the first time.

@3boys how exciting that induction is booked so you have an end date in sight :) i think i struggle the most at the end with the end date being so far away. 39 weeks tomorrow for me.

Yes im hoping for the same experience, nothing compares to the first hold and how in awe we are of them

Awwww so close but so far lol. I’m nearly 35 week so I feel like 2 weeks until safe to have Bub but I’m usually over due so better not think about two weeks keep it at 5-6 in my mind.

I’m currently really sick had the flu two weeks ago and on second day back to feeling better got the flu shot and the whooping cough vaccine at same time and now can’t get outta bed with fever and the jolt feeling and sore chest sore joints muscles.
Was annoyed at hubby coz he just played Xbox with head phones on all weekend (10 hrs plus each day) when really wished he’d make a soup or do some laundry but never mind. Coz I’m not working atm he doesn’t do anything arghhh. He’s amazing really he had been sick too but you ladies know what it’s like I was still doing laundry and cleaning here and there slowly haha. Just addicted to games which I dont like :( I sound controlling probably.
Hoping to feel better soon.

Hope everyone is doing ok xxxxx

@MumwithPCOS my husband is the same! I've been home since we moved to the country as there was no childcare available. I now do bookwork for our business but he only helps when asked and its very frustrating so i feel your pain!

I went over 5 days with my first but im optimistic i wont go over again lol it is torture the countdown though. 39 weeks today! I had 1.5 hours of some nice contractions (BH) last night, very tight/strong but not really painful still mild cramplike early labour. Im so worried im not going to realise its labour until its too late as the hospital is an hour away. We do have on locally for emergencies but its not a regular birthing hospital etc and the midwife i have lives 50 mins away anyway :/

Well I was up all night with some nice contractions from 10pm-5am then they just fizzled and stopped. Very frustrating and quite tired. Hoping they pick up again! Going to try going for another walk today (did a 1.5km walk monday as we dropped the car at the mechanic and walked to my sisters). Then a small walk yesterday.

I'd love it if my next update was baby news!

I’m anxiously waiting on baby news from you ladies still waiting ❤️ Can’t wait to see your beautiful babies!

Well I was up all night with some nice contractions from 10pm-5am then they just fizzled and stopped. Very frustrating and quite tired. Hoping they pick up again! Going to try going for another walk today (did a 1.5km walk monday as we dropped the car at the mechanic and walked to my sisters). Then a small walk yesterday.

I'd love it if my next update was baby news!

Glad you understand the frustration of some days!

Aw babe that’s sucks! I hope you get some sleep tonight though and maybe tomorrow!!! Good job going for walks making the baby put his head down nicely :)

Nothing has been happening since, slightly disappointed lol BUT i had an appointment today with my allocated midwife and wow, she is amazing. She actually listened to my concerns about not making it to the hospital and when I cant breastfeed again. I get teary eyed when i try explain that i dont want to. The midwife i had a few weeks ago i felt fobbed it off a bit with 'every baby is different' 'you should still try feed colostrum and pump if you're open to it' then went on to say 'but we dont judge you if you dont want to breastfeed'... i felt she didnt hear me especially when i was almost crying saying i just cant do it again. Also said my heart palpitations, lightheadedness and nausea were all anxiety... when i took my iron tablets again its all gone away *sigh*. But the one today when i said about it just said nope I understand that, i had someone recently bottle feed from birth. It was so refreshing feeling listened to/understood.

But i have an induction date!!! Going in monday night/induced tuesday morning. Thats only 4-5 days away. I could cry because the end is in sight and i know all the pains etc should stop. So baby could be born bang on their due date if things go well.

Nothing has been happening since, slightly disappointed lol BUT i had an appointment today with my allocated midwife and wow, she is amazing. She actually listened to my concerns about not making it to the hospital and when I cant breastfeed again. I get teary eyed when i try explain that i dont want to. The midwife i had a few weeks ago i felt fobbed it off a bit with 'every baby is different' 'you should still try feed colostrum and pump if you're open to it' then went on to say 'but we dont judge you if you dont want to breastfeed'... i felt she didnt hear me especially when i was almost crying saying i just cant do it again. Also said my heart palpitations, lightheadedness and nausea were all anxiety... when i took my iron tablets again its all gone away *sigh*. But the one today when i said about it just said nope I understand that, i had someone recently bottle feed from birth. It was so refreshing feeling listened to/understood.

But i have an induction date!!! Going in monday night/induced tuesday morning. Thats only 4-5 days away. I could cry because the end is in sight and i know all the pains etc should stop. So baby could be born bang on their due date if things go well.

Eeek so exciting!! Aw I’m so glad you had a caring midwife. I’ve always had amazing ones and was really put off when I had one that didn’t listen a while back was a bit of a shock :)
I missed why you can’t breast feed did you have a really hard time last time? Sorry if you’ve said it before. But totally don’t get why they push mum and bub to suffer through when you know you want to bottle feed!
Super excited for you hun not long at all and will go so fast while you’re getting ready. Which you prob are already lol

I’ve still got the flu and a yeast infection and cold sores basically I’m a real mess also a lil moody but thinking that’s coz I’m sick of being sick. I got glue shot and whooping cough shot on same day I was feeling off but didn’t know was already coming down with another flu and had just gotten over the last one ( kids came home with different cold/flu and then shared them both)

hopefully baby stays put til I get myself all sorted out only 35 weeks so plenty of time. Drinking green juice and lemon honey and cayenne daily and taking lots vits and iron to make sure not lacking in anything.

@MumwithPCOS i don't think I've mentioned why before? I just had a hard time with my daughter and feeling very trapped and anxious. She was small, but had so many appointments over growth/weight gain concerns, but couldn't top up with formula etc because of bottle refusal. Also was too anxious to leave her with anyone 'just in case' she wanted a feed. She also fed to sleep all the time, whilst very normal i just couldnt handle everything having to be on me? I ended up with PPD with intrusive thoughts i felt so guilty, saw a counsellor and was on meds for. I kept thinking of throwing her against a wall or to bang my head so i wouldnt hurt her. I fully understood how shaken babies happen and i never want to go back to that place/at least avoid the biggest contributing factor :) my husband recently opened up saying he was genuinely scared he would come home and find one of us dead. That broke me, i didnt know it got so bad and i know how much of that was because i felt so trapped/couldn't get help.

Bleh, sorry that was alot! But i honestly think i have a little ptsd or some kind of trauma from it? Any time they ask about breastfeeding i almost cry and cant help it so definitely something about it subconsciously still affecting me.

I’ve still got the flu and a yeast infection and cold sores basically I’m a real mess also a lil moody but thinking that’s coz I’m sick of being sick. I got glue shot and whooping cough shot on same day I was feeling off but didn’t know was already coming down with another flu and had just gotten over the last one ( kids came home with different cold/flu and then shared them both)

hopefully baby stays put til I get myself all sorted out only 35 weeks so plenty of time. Drinking green juice and lemon honey and cayenne daily and taking lots vits and iron to make sure not lacking in anything.

Oh that doesnt sound fun at all! I was sick just after my daughter was born then she caught it and i felt horrible! So her first cold was a week old :( thankfully you should have at least 2-3 weeks to get sorted. I always feel better once i hit the 37-38 week mark if anything happens they can get baby out.

Ive heard of a couple people not feeling great after flu and whooping cough vax. I love green juice, i always imagine it tastes disgusting before i drink it though haha you just reminded me i need to take my iron too! Thanks.

@MumwithPCOS i don't think I've mentioned why before? I just had a hard time with my daughter and feeling very trapped and anxious. She was small, but had so many appointments over growth/weight gain concerns, but couldn't top up with formula etc because of bottle refusal. Also was too anxious to leave her with anyone 'just in case' she wanted a feed. She also fed to sleep all the time, whilst very normal i just couldnt handle everything having to be on me? I ended up with PPD with intrusive thoughts i felt so guilty, saw a counsellor and was on meds for. I kept thinking of throwing her against a wall or to bang my head so i wouldnt hurt her. I fully understood how shaken babies happen and i never want to go back to that place/at least avoid the biggest contributing factor :) my husband recently opened up saying he was genuinely scared he would come home and find one of us dead. That broke me, i didnt know it got so bad and i know how much of that was because i felt so trapped/couldn't get help.

Bleh, sorry that was alot! But i honestly think i have a little ptsd or some kind of trauma from it? Any time they ask about breastfeeding i almost cry and cant help it so definitely something about it subconsciously still affecting me.

Oh yeah I reckon for sure! I remember my first I had such bad nipple trauma that when he was on the boob I wanted to throw him off me coz it was so painful! And he was the same only went to sleep on the boob and anxious about feeding ect definitely understand the psychological trauma of it all when it doesn’t go smoothly. My mums a midwife too so she made me stick to it but it was 12 weeks of agony and crying ( not good for me or bub really ) I was only 18 so didn’t hav the guts to stand up for myself.

The second one was easy tho so hoping this one will be ok too.
It seems to be getting better that they aren’t as pushy!

Hi ladies! We had a little boy! My husband picked the name Ned Robert Ransley. Im warming up to it, think he will grow into it haha

After being so anxious about labour being fast, it all happened perfectly! Woke up 1:30am to waters breaking when i stood up, just a trickle. Called the midiwfe and said to just come straight in despite no contractions. Got to the hospital at 3:15am, had about 6 contractions on the drive but all good. Checked at 3:30-4 already 4cm. Checked again around 5, still 4cm. Contractions ramped up (she did a stretch and sweep both times to speed up labour). 6:05 started pushing, 20 minutes later he was out! Active labour classed as 1hr 15 mins. I cannot believe it. But it was everything i could have asked for in a birth.

Me and my husband have found it very healing after my daughters birth being too quick and chaotic.

Weighed 3.2kg, 49cm long. Born 6:25am this morning (27th). :)

Both of us doing well.

20230527_111047.jpg

Hi ladies! We had a little boy! My husband picked the name Ned Robert Ransley. Im warming up to it, think he will grow into it haha

After being so anxious about labour being fast, it all happened perfectly! Woke up 1:30am to waters breaking when i stood up, just a trickle. Called the midiwfe and said to just come straight in despite no contractions. Got to the hospital at 3:15am, had about 6 contractions on the drive but all good. Checked at 3:30-4 already 4cm. Checked again around 5, still 4cm. Contractions ramped up (she did a stretch and sweep both times to speed up labour). 6:05 started pushing, 20 minutes later he was out! Active labour classed as 1hr 15 mins. I cannot believe it. But it was everything i could have asked for in a birth.

Me and my husband have found it very healing after my daughters birth being too quick and chaotic.

Weighed 3.2kg, 49cm long. Born 6:25am this morning (27th). :)

Both of us doing well.

View attachment 1115645
wow that’s amazing congrats!!!! He’s beautiful. What an amazing birth I bet the contractions were so strong in that hour! Well done lovely xxxxxxx

@MumwithPCOS they were so strong! But still not as painful as with my daughter being so scared/anxious with her. It was so healing for both of us, i could cry because it went so well! Thank you :) im enjoying all the newborn snuggs now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"