May rainbow baby

Hi my name is Jenny and after 2 and a half years of trying and 1 12week miscarriage of unknown causes and a 5 week miscarriage of unknown causes I got my BFP last week and am estimating my due date will be may 31 but I have only done 2 blood tests to confirm pregnancy. I go to get another blood test on Monday and if it is still raising good they are going to do an ultrasound. Im so nervous. I don't want another miscarriage especially since it took us a year and a half to conceive this one. This is my first support group but Im driving myself insane thinking that this pregnancy is not going to stick and its hard to get excited about it or get my hopes up.

Welcome!! The road after loss is a long scary one. Take every day at a time. I hope your tests go well!!

Welcome jenny! We can all relate and are here to support each other. I saw my babies heart beats this week and thought I would be totally at peace after that. Well I'm already driving myself crazy again with worry. Like sweet said, one day at a time.
Would you like your name and due date added to the first page?

Thanks guys for being someone to talk to. Kazy that's awesome that you got to see the heartbeat already and yes I would like to be added to the list may 31 which also happens to be my husband's birthday. If my tests come back good on Monday they are going to want to do an ultrasound but I kind of want to be a little further to where I would for sure hear a heartbeat if everything was ok. I guess I'll just wait until Monday to decide if applicable since my choice changes everyday. How long did everyone else wait for their first ultrasound and did they just do external?

Thanks guys for being someone to talk to. Kazy that's awesome that you got to see the heartbeat already and yes I would like to be added to the list may 31 which also happens to be my husband's birthday. If my tests come back good on Monday they are going to want to do an ultrasound but I kind of want to be a little further to where I would for sure hear a heartbeat if everything was ok. I guess I'll just wait until Monday to decide if applicable since my choice changes everyday. How long did everyone else wait for their first ultrasound and did they just do external?

Haven't had one yet, my first appt is not until 10+3, I'm sure it will be external if I do one. I'm actually planning on turning it down though, to minimize ultrasound exposure. Just wait for the 20 week. Either that or I will just request they keep it really quick.

With DS, I got my first at 6+3, it was external and we could see the heartbeat.

I just had my ultrasound this week. I was just shy of 9 weeks. That was the earliest I wanted it because I thought even if my dates were off a bit it should still be late enough to see a heartbeat. I didn't want to not see one and the. It possibly be too early. I would never survive the wait for the next ultrasound. I already have issues with worry so I try to minimize!
My dr. Does internal before 12 weeks.

Kazy were your dates off at all? I know you wondered about that.

I haven't had one yet either. A req was sent in for one but haven't gotten a call. Hopefully I'll get an apt before we go back home because then I'll likely need to wait till 18-20 weeks. I'm ok having just one before the big scan I found with to much monitoring they find things that aren't really a worry but it still worries.

Today wasn't to bad for ms!!!!! I haven't been taking my meds and it seems about the same but I was busy today and got a break! I'll take it.

My skin is horrible though.

Kelly they said I was off by about a week (due May 8th). The tech said that the dr would decide at my next appointment if they would officially change my date. I hope they do. I prefer to labor naturally and I would hate to be forced to induce too early. If they do I'll change it I. The front page. Will find out mid October for sure.
By the way my skin is horrible too! I mean ... It's embarrassing how bad! MS is lightening up for me Tim but still there. I had MS with my daughter and it went away around 9 weeks so that seems normal for me.

jnypal, welcome and I hope this time goes beautifully and you have a lovely LO come next May! We're all here if you want to talk. I understand the fear all too well. :hugs:

Kelly, yay for better ms!

AFM, I feel pretty crappy today since my DD decided to wake up for three hours in the middle of last night. I'm so glad it's Sunday so I can mostly just chill out and I got a nap. I kind of can't believe that I'm to 8 weeks, it feels like it's real now! I'm still a bit worried, but I think I'll feel better once I can find the heartbeat on my doppler.

My ms will give me the odd break but then come back full force so I'm just enjoying it and not expecting it to stay this way lol! I was at a bridal shower today so it was very nice not to feel icky during it.

I'm hoping part of my skin issues are because of all the crap I'm eating lately being on vacation and having access to our favourite fast foods. Looking forward to be getting back home and cooking all our meals again.

Hi ladies do you mind if I join you? I am 6 weeks pregnant after a mmc last April. I have been pretty relaxed so far, but today I started convincing myself that it's going to happen again! It's a rocky road for sure! But I am trying hard to stay positive and keep those negative thoughts away!

I have decided no early scans, I just find them far too stressful! Is anyone else doing the same?

Hi Charlie. I am 7 weeks after 2 miscarriages. I am taking the relaxed approach too. I haven't been obsessively testing and I'm not having am early scan. I'm just putting my faith in God to keep my baby safe and trying not to stress.

Fingers crossed for a sticky baby for you x

Hi Charlie. I am 7 weeks after 2 miscarriages. I am taking the relaxed approach too. I haven't been obsessively testing and I'm not having am early scan. I'm just putting my faith in God to keep my baby safe and trying not to stress.

Fingers crossed for a sticky baby for you x

Thanks greener grass hoping for a sticky bean for you too. :flower:

I managed to find the HB again today so relaxing more and more :) I find it higher up then previous pregnancies maybe my uterus is just bigger from having other kids.

Welcome Charlie! When is your due date?
Would you like to be added to the front page?

This is my first time in the forums and first pregnancy after miscarriage in March of 2014. This is absolutely nerve-wracking. We were so excited for our first little one to be joining our family in October of this year, but alas, it wasn't in the cards. Now I feel like I am waking on eggshells since that first faint positive a couple days ago. Any advice for keeping from going insane? I would love a buddy to walk through this with.

Would you like your name and due date on the front page?

Welcome Charlie! :hugs:

Kely, that's awesome! I aven't tried to find mine again yet, but probably I'll try sometime this week. I'm trying not to worry if I can't find it until at least 10 weeks, but I really want ome reassurance that things are still okay in there!

Can I be added to the front page please? With every passing day I get a little more hope this baby is hanging in there. I'm due the 17th. Which is my husbands 30th. Aren't I a nice wife ;)

Feeling so rubbish today. Non stop nausea and then heartburn. Have had a nap everyday for at least a week too. Not sure how I coped with working full time last time I was pregnant.

Hope everyone else is ok xx

welcome! We should have just about the same due date. I got more labs drawn today for the last time to make sure they are rising today and if they are they want to schedule an ultrasound but I'm with you and am not sure if I want one so early. Any ms yet at your 6 weeks?

sorry that was supposed to be addressed to greenergrass and then Charlie at the end. I'm still new at trying to work these forum things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->