• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May rainbow baby

My ms came back I think I jinxed myself. Been pukey for over a week :( it's not as bad as it was though thankfully.

I did forsure feel baby move yesterday! Had a few taps or pokes that couldn't have been anything but. Can't wait for them to get stronger and more often.

Congrats on the good scans ladies, I'm glad everything is going well for you all. Greener grass have you told your son yet and if so how did he take it?

I've been feeling so rubbish just lately, I thought my ms was going and then I picked up a bug which left me feeling rubbish for over a week and my ms has most definitely come back. I think I might have felt the baby once or twice though which makes me feel better, still waiting for definite movements though.

How's everybody else doing?

Boo on all of the ms coming back for people. :(

I had a little spaz moment this morning. I had to get a TB test done for work (it's yearly). The first time I was pregnant, I had to get one the day after I found out. I had cleared it with my doctor and they said it was fine, but then they almost didn't want to give it to me because it can be controversial for different OBs. They did give it to me, and that was the one I miscarried a week later. I know that the TB test didn't have anything to do with it, but it still left an impression. This time I'm a lot farther along, and my OB said it was perfectly fine to get, and they didn't even ask about pregnancy... but I still kind of freaked out after I got it. I'm trying to just relax and know there's no link between TB tests and miscarriages (other than some random people's experiences on the internet.

The good news is that they agreed to do my anatomy scan Dec 17th (19 and a half weeks) since I'll be out of town for some long as Christmas. :happydance: I'm hoping they'll be able to see the gender - what a nice Christmas/birthday gift for me!

Yesterday I bought a couple of cute boy onsies on 70% clearance at Target. I figure I can return them if it is a girl, but I feel kind of silly for getting them just because I have such a strong feeling that it's a boy. :dohh:

Yay for your scanning less then a month! I hope mine is before christmas to :)

I'm sure all will be fine with the test, what do you do that it's yearly?

I work for a medical software company. We get them yearly since we sometimes go on site to our customers, and it's fairly routine for hospitals to require any type of staff (including outside vendors) to have a negative TB test every year.

I figured it might have been medical related. As a nurse I don't even have to have one yearly.

My apt went well today! The time frame for my scan is dec 6-20 so super excited I'll get it before Christmas!

How is everyone else doing? This thread has been quiet.

Kelly glad your appointment went well did they do any checks on baby for you?

I've got my 20 week scan on the 19th December so get to see baby again before Christmas too.

I can't believe how rubbish I feel still, my ms is still coming and going but I'm so tired all the time still, I can't remember the last time I watched a programme after 9pm even my 10 month old was up later than me yesterday!

They checked HB and fundus plus the basic vital signs. Just the usual. I'm still a bit nauseated from time to time but it's been very manageable which is awesome.

I have been feeling better this week. Some head aches here and there but ok. Feeling baby move somewhat regularly too. And I am so thankful for that. :) my husband and I have picked aname but haven't decided if we are telling anyone yet. And we actually have a boy and girl name picked since we don't know gender yet. My scan for that is dec 17th and I can't wait! I also have another appointment next week just to check up on baby.

Kazy I can't believe your feeling movement so regularly I'm really jealous. The past two days I think I've felt something but I'm still not sure.

We've never shared our baby names I like the announcement of it when baby arrives but we've also always been team yellow. I can imagine if you know which colour your getting sharing a name helps to bond

We found out gender with our daughter, but kept the name a secret. We used it with each other, but didn't tell anyone else. I guess we might have to rethink that this time if our little one progresses to talking more before her sibling is born, or she might spill the secret!

I'm jealous of you feeling movement too, Kazy! :) I definitely felt him last week when I reached around and grabbed a candy bar from the desk behind me (apparently the baby is crazy for mini Snickers!) but haven't felt him since. I had thought I had felt him a little before that, but now I'm just waiting again. It shouldn't be long now, I definitely was feeling my DD at the beginning of 18 weeks and I'm 16 and a half now!

I feel baby just a few times per day. If I push my belly the right way on the bottom left I can get baby to move most of the time. I still can't feel it from the outside though. That's the best and I can't wait!

We've never shared the name with anyone and will be the same again this time. Going to try team yellow for the first time to! But will get gender put in an envelope to stick in the safe just in case we change our minds. Though I'm secretly hoping baby just doesn't show their bits.

I get movement several times a day usually when I'm still I'll feel a poke or tap randomly. They're already getting stronger from 5 day ago! I can't wait to feel them on the outside to <3

This pregnancy is so nerve wrecking for me :( I constantly have low pelvic pain, various shooting pains, pinches and twinges and loads of anxiety that goes with it. Today I woke up to a weird right-sided pelvic pain (feels like being stabbed, no less!) and had it on and off all day. Called doctor - they only had a nurse to answer questions. She told me to lie down on my left side with a pillow between legs. She thought that either baby was pressing on some nerve or its a round ligament pain. Well, it's not helping. Anyone else had it? I'm considering ER, if it gets worse. I have all the worst case scenarios in my head. Hope everyone else feels safe and optimistic about their little ones! Just too bad I'm not one of those women :(

Aww Vgirl thats hard, I get shooting pains with my pregnancies though usually when I'm a bit further along, for me it was nerve pain.

This pregnancy is so nerve wrecking for me :( I constantly have low pelvic pain, various shooting pains, pinches and twinges and loads of anxiety that goes with it. Today I woke up to a weird right-sided pelvic pain (feels like being stabbed, no less!) and had it on and off all day. Called doctor - they only had a nurse to answer questions. She told me to lie down on my left side with a pillow between legs. She thought that either baby was pressing on some nerve or its a round ligament pain. Well, it's not helping. Anyone else had it? I'm considering ER, if it gets worse. I have all the worst case scenarios in my head. Hope everyone else feels safe and optimistic about their little ones! Just too bad I'm not one of those women :(

Yes. I've had ligament pain since about 8 weeks. It's extremely sharp pain and is scary if you don't know what it is. But if you are concerned at all call the dr and ask for an appointment. Better to be safe than sorry.

Oh and I also have shooting pains down my back with my 2nd. That was no fun but turned out nothing was wrong.

Thanks, ladies :) Maybe it's all normal and I worry for nothing. I find it's so empowering to see women who went through a loss and still manage to stay strong and positive. I wish we all get our rainbows in May :)

So I pulled a muscle in my back today. Anyone know if it's ok to use a heating pad? My dr said no baths because of heat but in assuming localized heating pad would be ok??

So I pulled a muscle in my back today. Anyone know if it's ok to use a heating pad? My dr said no baths because of heat but in assuming localized heating pad would be ok??
My chiro told me 10 minutes of heating pad was ok for my back. You can do it more than once too, if you take breaks in between. Hope your back is better in no time! I do take a bath occasionally too, but my stomach stays out of the water.

I asked a pharmacist if I could use a heating pad with my first pregnancy and he said yes it was fine. On another note I always have baths - we don't have a shower - and I've never been told anything about that from my dr or midwife, they've never even asked which I have

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->