• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May rainbow baby

So I pulled a muscle in my back today. Anyone know if it's ok to use a heating pad? My dr said no baths because of heat but in assuming localized heating pad would be ok??

I asked a pharmacist if I could use a heating pad with my first pregnancy and he said yes it was fine. On another note I always have baths - we don't have a shower - and I've never been told anything about that from my dr or midwife, they've never even asked which I have

I've noticed some different in what is standard depending on where you are. Either way I like really really hot baths and my guess is that's not good for baby. Thankfully I woke up and my back is feeling a bit better today!

I hope your back feels normal soon, Kazy! It always sucks so much when you're sick/injured on top of already being pregnant!

I've been worried because I had been feeling the baby a tiny bit but now haven't felt him for over a week. I felt a huge amount of movement at one point, and then nothing since. I also haven't been able to find the heartbeat with my doppler, but I'm not very good with it. I hope it's nothing, but I'm a little bit worried. I just wish my next appointment were for before Thanskgiving instead of after. I'll feel so much better once I can feel movement every day!

Kategirl everyone keeps telling me I should be starting to feel movement with this being my second and all and only 3 times have I felt something that I *think* MIGHT have been baby. I think it's still early to get too nervous about it but I totally get where you're coming from. It's so tough not being nervous.

Yeah, I think it just bothers me because I was starting to feel movement, but then it stopped. I'm hoping it's still just because it's so early.

So, tonight I noticed I had a tiny bit of blood in my discharge, but I was also able to find a nice strong heartbeat on the doppler. So hopefully everything is okay. :)

It's totally normal to feel movement for a few days then nothing for several days or more at this stage try not to worry. Yesterday I felt nothing all day so dug out the doppler and she started kicking away :)

Bad cramps tonight when I haven't had any in a couple months. Hoping i just need some more water and some rest!

Kategirl I'm sure everything is fine but to put your mind at rest can you not get an emergency appointment? This is my third and although I think I might have felt baby once it was a really weak movement and I've had nothing since so from that point of view I really wouldn't worry. I've goggled it so many times and lots of people don't feel anything until much later even with their 3/4/5 babies x x

I agree with everyone about movement. I was feeling quite a bit and then yesterday none. Pretty normal I think. Thankfully within 4ish weeks we will undoubtedly feel baby move all the time!

Yeah, I'm not surprised that I wouldn't feel it for a couple days at a time, just think it's weird that I haven't felt it for so long now. But no more blood or cramps today, and I found the heartbeat last night, so hopefully all is well. :)

We also just found out that my SIL is pregnant with her first. Some mixed emotions since she's a nasty, mean, spiteful person and she also has a lot of health problems which will make it very risky for her, but I'm still happy for them (especially for my BIL). They likely won't let her go full term, so out little ones should be about a month or so apart!

I've only felt a few pops here and there days apart and unsure whether it's indeed baby. I keep getting nervous because I've heard from so many that you feel baby earlier for subsequent pregnancies. But then I try to remember, every woman and pregnancy is different....

Yup and 13 weeks is still early. With my first I felt movement at 16 weeks then with my other 3 it was 14-15 weeks so the same but not everyone will feel it sooner and some feel it later because of placental position and position of the baby.

With my first I had anterior placenta, i think it is? I do not know where it is this time. I felt first baby at 18ish weeks. I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow, so hopefully in the next few weeks I'll feel something that is no doubt baby.

I have an appt on Monday so hope to hear a healthy hb again, bloodwork on my daughter's bday on the 9th and then gender/anatomy scan on Jan 8th. I cannot wait!

I have been feeling something for 2 wks now, but Im not sure if it is not just food passing my intestines? On the other hand I have not had a feeling like that before, so it could be my baby. Im sure we all feel stronger moves in a few weeks :)

Had a good dr appointment today. Baby's heartbeat was 157. Gender scan is booked for December 17tg but there is a strong possibility we will be team yellow this time. I'm not sure if we can hd out but we may try.

Congrats on the appointment kazy, glad everything is still going well.

I'm with my midwife tomorrow too, I'm starting to feel a but nervous as everybody seems to have been having movements and I'm not convinced I've actually felt baby once yet. I'm hoping its because I'm still carrying my baby weight from last time!

I'm sure that all is well George. Even my doctor said to me today that feeling movement at this point is really early. So no need to feel concerned. Yes I know easier said than done. At least you're mine will be at ease after you hear the heartbeat tomorrow.

Hi kazy, the appointment went well thank you. Baby seems ok and I got to hear the heart beat again which was good. I felt a bit cheated as the midwife seemed in a hurry to get me out of there - I think I was her last appointment before she finished - but that's probably just me being silly.

How are everybody's bumps growing? I keep trying on my maternity tops but don't feel right wearing them yet but by the evening I feel like I'm massive.

I'm having the same problems George, belly isn't big enough for my mat pants but my bum and legs have grown so my normal jeans don't fit or don't fit comfortably so I'm wearing my yoga pants mostly. Don't need mat tops yet either but I suspect pants will be a neccesity in 2 more weeks. I just scored 2 pairs of jeans and a top for 30% off free shipping and the top was already on sale on top of the discount.

Baby moves several times a day every day now so it's nice to settled and feel it. Still having ms, couldn't keep my lunch down a few days ago and have been nauseated since. Hope it buggers off soon. Also gaining way to much weight to fast this time lol. I'll be resuming my working out tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->