May rainbow baby

Can your.dr.tell if baby is breech without US? I am wondering if my baby b is. I plan on asking at my appointment to mm orrow.

They should be able to make a really educated guess, sometimes they are wrong but a trained doctor or midwife can usually get it.

My doctor has said she seems head down at my last two appointments.

Yes you can palpate the head and bum are the larger two rounder lumps the head being firmer and larger then the bum but I'm having a hard time feeling on my own belly if it's the head or bum I'm touching. Baby was breech at 30 weeks for me u/s said so and movement patterns haven't changed so much but it seems like baby goes transverse from time to time so there is a possibility he/she has flipped.

My OB last time didn't worry about position until 36 weeks. This time I actually don't have an appointment until 37 weeks, so she's going to see if she can have a feel to see how the baby is positioned. If she can't tell before I go into labor, then they might end up doing a quick ultrasound while I'm in labor.

I'm getting a bit more uncomfortable and can't breathe well, which is different than last time when I was feeling pretty good up until they induced at 41 weeks. I think I'll be perfectly fine with waiting, but who knows, maybe I'll actually go into labor on my own this time?

Breathing has been a little harder for me as well, it seems to get harder with each pregnancy for me. I'm a little concerned about bay being breech because the further you get the more your chances go down of baby flipping before or during labour. If baby is breech I'll be doing ECV to try and turn the baby if that doesn't work we'll wait for labour to see if baby turns, I'll give him or her every chance to turn and if breech delivery is possible with little risk I'll even try that before resorting to a section.

Had my 34 week appointment today. Like someone else said she told me at 36 is when they start to get concerned about breech. I guess they can still move up untIL then somewhat easily. She said she would check the position then and discuss options.
I'm feeling ok just crazy tired. Holy cow tired. And the thing is I know it won't be better when she's here lol. My three little ones are a handful right now too. Hoping to go to bed early tonight.

With my daughter, I'm 99% certain that she flipped during Christmas dinner right at 35 weeks. I never felt anything like that the entire rest of the pregnancy, holy cow!

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that baby goes head down if he/she isn't already. It's possible I've felt some weird movements but then I get that huge lump up by my ribs again which makes me doubt. Meh, I'll know soon enough.

Hi ladies I'm hoping your bumps manage to turn before its too late. In always amazed that people can tell which position baby is laying in, even after being told where my baby's head is I can't tell the difference.

I've been told im suffering from placenta previa this time which at the minute means a possible caesarean too, I'm gutted as I had two amazing labours with my boys. I go back for another scan in 2 weeks so hopefully by then it will have moved and not be a problem any more.

George hopefully it moves up!

Thanks, everybody I've spoken to professionally seems to think it won't but there's loads of positive stories on the Internet so I'm feeling pretty hopeful

How's everybody coping? I can't believe how quick it's come round!

I'm mostly just uncomfortable but managing ok just wish sleep was a little better.

I can't believe how quickly it's going either. My siatic nerve is killing me today. Could be because I walked around the zoo with three kids for 2 1\2 hours and then came home and started laying the new floor in our basement lol. I am feeling it now. But pain comes along with the last weeks of pregnancy so I will just deal. And maybe get a massage next week!

A massage sounds like heaven! We spent the whole day walking to a park for a picnic, around the park and then back again - we must be stupid this late in the game

Mmm a massage would be heaven. I think I'll get one after baby is born!

I've been walking a lot everyday and doing way more then I should since I arrived back home and in civilization. I can't help it though the need to get out is to strong after being cooped up for the past 6 months!

Oh and I discovered that these green hard spearmint mints I've been eating have been giving me a racing heart at night! Weird right!?! But apparently it happens. It's to bad because I love spearmint! But it's not worth not sleeping at night.

I was surorised the zoo didnme in today because I'm still working out but apparently walking and pushing a stroller was worse.
And I hear ya about getting out. I hate being inside and even 50 degrees feels amazing!

Hi ladies just thought I'd give you all a little update - very self centred I know but my little boy was born last night by emergency c section at 36 weeks and 1 day. He's in special care at the minute for his breathing as he's a bit too little and we keep getting different ideas as to when he'll be out but he's perfect.

I hope your all doing ok and your babies stay put until they're meant too x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->