May rainbow baby

My husband and I had our first child in July of this year. Unfortunately she passed away from congenital abnormalities. It took us 2 years and some help from Clomid to have our daughter so we are somewhat shocked and overjoyed to announce baby #2 is due May 9, 2015 exactly 10 months after our daughter was born.

We are so excited, but we do feel like we are trying not to get our hopes up. Anyone have any advice on how to get through this stressful time, or in the same situation?!?

Welcome caseo. I so sorry for your loss. While I can't relate to a late term loss like yours we all here can relate to loss in one way or another. Hopefully you will find this group supportive and a place where you can share and be encouraged.

What do you ladies think about me putting members of the group and due dates on the front page? I'm on vacation until later this week but could do it when I get back?

Well I'm the perfect reasoning not to use digi's I tested this morning and got 2-3 weeks again but I was hoping to have got a 3+. I've booked a scan for Thursday 25 so hopefully all being well I'll know more then.

I told my oh today too, he's more excited than me but I knew that he would be. He says he's getting the snip or we have to sleep in separate beds - I'm so exhausted I told him I'd take the separate beds!

Kazy a members list would be good if your sure your happy to do it?

My husband and I had our first child in July of this year. Unfortunately she passed away from congenital abnormalities. It took us 2 years and some help from Clomid to have our daughter so we are somewhat shocked and overjoyed to announce baby #2 is due May 9, 2015 exactly 10 months after our daughter was born.

We are so excited, but we do feel like we are trying not to get our hopes up. Anyone have any advice on how to get through this stressful time, or in the same situation?!?

Welcome caseofhope, congratulations on your rainbow but what a difficult journey you've been on, I can not imagine how you've got through it all, hoping this time it's much easier for you x x

Caseofhope it will be a stressful time no matter what but you will get through it. Was your daughter's illness hereditary?

I'm all for a list of names and due dates :) I'm due May 10th!

caseofhope, big congrats, and I hope you have a very healthy nine months and a perfect, beautiful little one at the end!

Kay - I think names and due dates at the start would be fun. :) I'm due May 10th.

And I have ms!!!! :yipee: I know I won't be saying that for long but it is nice for now.

Kelly, lol, even though I understand why you're happy, that still sounds odd (but then I have a bit of a phobia about throwing up :wacko:).

Oh Kate I HATE throwing up will do what I can to avoid it but ms isn't just barfing it's nausea. I know I'll grow tired of it soon enough but it's so reassuring for me! For the most part I've been pretty laid back about this pregnancy considering we just had another loss so it's good to have the symptoms that I had with all my successful pregnancies. My eyes are doing weird things to lol sometimes I find it hard to focus.

Welcome caseo. I so sorry for your loss. While I can't relate to a late term loss like yours we all here can relate to loss in one way or another. Hopefully you will find this group supportive and a place where you can share and be encouraged.

What do you ladies think about me putting members of the group and due dates on the front page? I'm on vacation until later this week but could do it when I get back?

Hi hun. Is rather not be but on the list if that's ok. Sorry hun.

Kelly I'm starting to feel nauseous on an evening. More symptoms this time than with my Blighted Ovum .,. Praying for ms lol !!!!!

Xxxx

Oh Kate I HATE throwing up will do what I can to avoid it but ms isn't just barfing it's nausea. I know I'll grow tired of it soon enough but it's so reassuring for me! For the most part I've been pretty laid back about this pregnancy considering we just had another loss so it's good to have the symptoms that I had with all my successful pregnancies. My eyes are doing weird things to lol sometimes I find it hard to focus.

Yes, but the ms nausea also freaks me out. Lol. But then I'm sometimes a little special... :wacko:

Chrissi - yay for symptoms!

AFM, I resisted testing this morning (probably a good idea, the tests yesterday were all over the place even with the same sample!). The tiredness hit me yesterday afternoon like a ton of bricks and has been on and off since then. Fell asleep on the couch last night, then slept in later than I usually want to, which is very different than waking up naturally an hour before my alarm like the last two weeks! I'm also wearing maternity pants - I don't even really have bad bloat yet, but I have them from last time and all my other comfy pants are dirty. :blush:

More beige/light brown discharge this morning again, but it's really light so I'm still hopeful that it's nothing.

Please stick and grow well, little one!

Hey Ladies

Kelly yipee for ms... I am with you, always nauseau... I have never thrown up.. my first pregnancy I was sick the whole 9 months!!! HOpefully you have enough ms to reassure you but not so much as to make you miserable!!

Kate... keeping those fingers crossed for you!!!

George you told OH... aahhh now it's my turn!! :) glad he was so excited!! I'm pretty sure I won't get the same reaction :( we have joked though that he only needs to sneeze on me and I get pregnant... sigh we only bd 1 time this month he's never going to believe it...

Chrissi fingers crossed for you!! will they do an early u/s for you?

Kate you're better than I ... I tested this morning.. and well I'm not feeling too hopeful, the digi still said 1-2 weeks... sigh... so that's why I'm going to tell my OH tonight, since if I find out at my u/s tomorrow that it's not progressing, I don't want him to find out I'm pregnant and that we are having to terminate all at the same time... I haven't had any cramping or discharge... so who knows.. I never did these test with my 2 successful pregnancies, but since my losses I've gotten a little crazy and now don't know what's normal for me ... I am still having waves of nauseau and my bbs are very sore...

I expect tomorrow they won't be able to see anything, and then we still won't know.. so if that happens I'm going to ask for hcg blood tests to see what's going on...

Klsl best of luck for a happy outcome tomorrow and good luck telling your OH tonight.

Kate try not to stress stress isn't good for anyone. I'm still surprised they wouldn't do betas for you with the spotting.

Hey Ladies

Kelly yipee for ms... I am with you, always nauseau... I have never thrown up.. my first pregnancy I was sick the whole 9 months!!! HOpefully you have enough ms to reassure you but not so much as to make you miserable!!

Kate... keeping those fingers crossed for you!!!

George you told OH... aahhh now it's my turn!! :) glad he was so excited!! I'm pretty sure I won't get the same reaction :( we have joked though that he only needs to sneeze on me and I get pregnant... sigh we only bd 1 time this month he's never going to believe it...

Chrissi fingers crossed for you!! will they do an early u/s for you?

Kate you're better than I ... I tested this morning.. and well I'm not feeling too hopeful, the digi still said 1-2 weeks... sigh... so that's why I'm going to tell my OH tonight, since if I find out at my u/s tomorrow that it's not progressing, I don't want him to find out I'm pregnant and that we are having to terminate all at the same time... I haven't had any cramping or discharge... so who knows.. I never did these test with my 2 successful pregnancies, but since my losses I've gotten a little crazy and now don't know what's normal for me ... I am still having waves of nauseau and my bbs are very sore...

I expect tomorrow they won't be able to see anything, and then we still won't know.. so if that happens I'm going to ask for hcg blood tests to see what's going on...

Thank you hun ... I'm actually going to wait until 12 weeks. So no I won't go for an early u/s. I'm letting nature do it's thing.

Kate I agree with Kelly although I know it's very difficult. My reasoning is if it happens this time for me then it can be fixed. Cause I can easily fall pregnant but maybe cannot hold on to the pregnancies. Maybe it's due to the lining, progesterone levels .... They can be fixed ... Also some women do bleed throughout early pregnanciy due to the softening of their cervixs.

I'll say a prayer for you lovely xxx

Kate I'm thinking of you still hoping everything stops and you do have a sticky little one tucked up, I know you said you've heard stories in the past but I was convinced with my ds2 that we'd lost him as we had so much red bleeding. I'm feeling hopeful you that you'll be fine :hugs:

Klsltsp you can't trust those digi tests so don't be to disheartened by them. I spent all day yesterday worrying because mine hasn't changed and google is full of stories where people say they don't progress. I'm hoping your oh surprises you with his reaction though :hugs:

Everybody else I hope your all doing ok and everything is going well? I'm feeling exhausted today but can't tell if its pregnancy related or the fact that I haven't caught up on the sleep I lost on Sunday dealing with ds1&2 from half 2 in the morning!

I am pregnant with our third. We lost our son at 29 weeks gestation so I know I'll be a nervous wreck until we reach the finish line. I am due May 10th. I go to the dr tomorrow for an early prenatal appt.

There are a few of us due may 10th! Baybee, kate and myself and I thought one more....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->