Merging traditions with cousins?

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
... how do people cope with this?

I feel quite strongly that Santa is a glorified postman, who delivers all the presents and gives an extra "big but not main" gift, but most of her presents are from us, we send money to Santa to make them or buy them, or we send them to Santa and then he delivers them. It's how it was done when we grew up, and it made me appreciate my parents contribution, if that makes sense.

My partners family don't do this. They do that Santa provides everything except one present. I've put my foot in it a few times in front of my partners nieces, saying things like "my mum and dad always got me colouring books too" - totally innocent but it was picked up by others.

I'm worried now that my toddler is getting older that her Santa stories don't match up with her cousins. It never came up with my cousins because they did the same as us (mums side) and I didn't see my dads side of the family on Christmas Day.

She's only going to be two but has relatively good understanding, it will be okay this year since she's so small, and by next year I doubt the nieces will believe in Santa, but they will play along for her and I'm worried they will project their Santa experience onto her.

I'm way overthinking this but I love Christmas so much and I'm really excited to see how much she has changed and how much more she understands Christmas now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->