Military WAGs

Not married at the moment, hoping to get married soon, still waiting for him to pop the question but been spoken about a lot, says he doesnt need to propose as we both know we're going to married. I dont think so lol, romance is dead!

Maybe you should speak to him about the benefits about being married, such as subsidised military quarters, extra allowances like Get You Home Allowance, being given leave to attend the birth of your baby, etc. You can attend events, come under some aspects of healthcare....there's a lot more to it than just a piece of paper ;)

I totally agree, I dont think I would be in such a hurry if he wasnt in the forces but if we both know we're going to get married think we she do it sooner rather than later. I didnt know that about birth of baby, do you only get that if your married then?

Thanks for all your advice RAFwife

Oh by the way, its Jan2010birth, Ive changed my profile name as the other was rubbish and my baby is now due in Feb! lol

Need some support today. A a really sweet nice kind lad died from the regiment where my OH was based in the Army before he joined Royal Marines died in Afganistan last friday and his body has been flown back today. He was only 18 and one of those people who always makes an impact on you, always smiling and happy and so friendly.

So I am upset becuase he has died and was such a lovely lad, but also because my OH is due to go in April next year when our baby will be only 2 months old.

When this lad died, a sargent from another regiment went back to help him and died in a secondary explosion while trying to help him, he had a 4 month old daughter. Its so upsetting, and although I know we have been hearing for a while, being a person I knew has really hit home to me and the fact that I could be in this exact same situation next year. The job my OH is doing he will be in very dangerous situations the whole time. I am trying to justify it by the fact he is doing all this training now to keep him safe but the most unrational thoughts are going through my mind now.

Anyone got any words of wisdom or just something funny to cheer me up! (I think they all think Im mad at work sat here crying at my desk!)

Need some support today. A a really sweet nice kind lad died from the regiment where my OH was based in the Army before he joined Royal Marines died in Afganistan last friday and his body has been flown back today. He was only 18 and one of those people who always makes an impact on you, always smiling and happy and so friendly.

So I am upset becuase he has died and was such a lovely lad, but also because my OH is due to go in April next year when our baby will be only 2 months old.

When this lad died, a sargent from another regiment went back to help him and died in a secondary explosion while trying to help him, he had a 4 month old daughter. Its so upsetting, and although I know we have been hearing for a while, being a person I knew has really hit home to me and the fact that I could be in this exact same situation next year. The job my OH is doing he will be in very dangerous situations the whole time. I am trying to justify it by the fact he is doing all this training now to keep him safe but the most unrational thoughts are going through my mind now.

Anyone got any words of wisdom or just something funny to cheer me up! (I think they all think Im mad at work sat here crying at my desk!)

I cant say anything to cheer you up i am afraid .. i really wish i could - just wanted to send you hugs - your right the training is a good thing ti think about and at leat he will be her for the birth of your bubs and we are always here xx

Dont have anything funny to cheer u up but its perfectly normal to feel how u r feeling and sod work ... they never understand whats going on . The training will keep him safe and he will know to keep his head down and just get on with what he has to do. Sending u lots of hugs x x

Sorry cant cheer you up as the in reality unforchatly it happens. My hubby was at a funeral of his mates the other day 3rd in the last few months and he lost his best friend few years back. Its normal to have those thoughts and feelings. i practically ruled my hubby as dead 2 years ago as i was convinced summat had happened to him. As people tell me its something you no when you sign up to the army and marry the army.
Dont think about the future and what could happen.. think about now and the stuff happening now. no point getting in a state over something that could never happen.

xxx

finaly im goin the doctors today to get a note about my sciatica so im hoping i get taken out of this shity flat and into a lovely house very soon :D

oh has just been told instead of being here anouther 2 yrs it has been put up to another 3 yrs, so his posting will have been 5 yrs hes really hating work now and is thinkin about leaving the army

gd news bout the drs note babes,

but bad news on the extended posting :hugs:

just gota wait for doc to no do the note and then for the army to actualy pull their thumbs out their asses n move me lol

well my oh dropped a bomb last night, hes told me end of october hes handing in his notice and hes leaving the army, he says hes gettin upset at goin away n missing all the new things zane does as hes at work all day and by the time he gets home zanes only up for 30 mins.

and now hes said he wants us to move to scotland after the year is up! i dont wana be near his f*cking mother!

aww noo hunni, what is it with men and theyre mothers?

aww noo hunni, what is it with men and theyre mothers?

hes always wanted to raise a family in scotland which i dont mind that part but i hate his mother so much.

she makes my life hell as it is so its guna get worse if he expects me to move near her.

id rather get divorced then deal with that cow

i would say talk to him and come to a comprimise but i no how much hel dig his heals in to that.

Oh no hunny, my OH is always saying he wants to leave now we've got a baby on the way as he hates being away! Can you make a compromise and move to Scotland but far enough away from his mother so you have some space?

Need some support today.

Hey pinkclaire, how awful. Sorry that you're feeling like that..emotions are sky high without hearing news like that.

Just wanted to say, If you need a natter any time I understand how you're feeling, my oh is off to Afghan in December hopefully. I say hopefully, he's trying to arrange it earlier so he's back intime for baby arrival. I'm torn either way, does he leave me while I'm a fat wobby thing and alone in a strange town, or does he go in March as soon as baby pops out? Its so tough.

Have a good weep, bash your fists on the desk and curse the bloody forces. It usually works. Failing that, message me anytime and I'm sure we (and all the other lovely forces wags on here) will get thru deployments together.

Take care xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"