Military WAGs

hello!

Can I have a bit of a rant? Does it annoy anyone else that when their OHs are away from home they just get to go out drinking with their mates while your left at home doing the normal stuff? Grrr it winds me up! I know he'd rather be home if he could and to be fair there is nothing else for him to do while hes there, but I am jealous! :haha:

yeah it really ticks me off aswel.

i hate where we are living and theres no jobs so im a sahm and i love my son but i need adult company aswel lol

he doesnt seem to understand that he gets to leave the house and have a seperate life where as i am let behind raising our son while he gets to put his name down for scuba diving courses and has fun.

id love him to stay at home for a week (he couldnt handle more then that lol) with no car and hardly anymoney n see how he likes it.

ok im ranting now lol

Then when their home (or at least in my OHs case) they demand full attention so when are you meant to have a break?!

I am worried about when we have a LO, I can see this being how its going to be, me living thousands (well maybe not thousands but we're women and allowed to exaggerate!) of miles away from my family and friends, with no job (cos I've had to give it because of LO and his lifestyle) stuck in with a baby every weekend while he goes out with his mates. I'm sure its not going to be that bad but thats how I am imagining it now!

Although I know my beautiful baby boy or girl will be worth it really :happydance:

Then when their home (or at least in my OHs case) they demand full attention so when are you meant to have a break?!

I am worried about when we have a LO, I can see this being how its going to be, me living thousands (well maybe not thousands but we're women and allowed to exaggerate!) of miles away from my family and friends, with no job (cos I've had to give it because of LO and his lifestyle) stuck in with a baby every weekend while he goes out with his mates. I'm sure its not going to be that bad but thats how I am imagining it now!

Although I know my beautiful baby boy or girl will be worth it really :happydance:

my oh was really bad when i had zane up until he was 7 months old and i flipped and went nuts at him sayin i need help and u need to get ur ass in to gear or im gone.

its worked lol he helps with zane and doesnt go on his lads nights out much but he still signs himself to go away for weeks on end having fun

My hubby is in the army, signals. Not going away until August 2010 x

I txt OH this weekend saying was really dissapointed in him (he wanted this child so much!) for not supporting me more. That did the trick for now but can see us arguing about it a lot in future. I am the same though, I am at home worrying about spending £10 quid on going to the cinema and hes blown £150 quid in a couple of days! Grrrr. lol

Ps hello Kerrie welcome to the rant lol xx

I txt OH this weekend saying was really dissapointed in him (he wanted this child so much!) for not supporting me more. That did the trick for now but can see us arguing about it a lot in future. I am the same though, I am at home worrying about spending £10 quid on going to the cinema and hes blown £150 quid in a couple of days! Grrrr. lol

Ps hello Kerrie welcome to the rant lol xx

omg im the same! i hardly ever get anything for myself and he doesnt have a care in the world n will spend money like theres no tomorrow.

he went to kenya for 4 weeks a week after we moved into the middle of know where when zane was 5 months and took his wage with him and i was left with £200 that was left over after bills from my mat leave money, n i had a baby to look after......im guna slap him when he gets home hahaha

I have the same thing with my OH :dohh: Who knows, maybe thats a military thing too. They work so hard, and are so ingrained in the system that they feel they have to blow cash to have some fun.

I horse ride, and when I wanted new boots I was only allowed to spend £20, and that was grudingly. OH took it up, and blew £120 on boots :dohh:

I don't know if he realised the extent of it until I pointed it out though. He's much better now.

i get so stressed worrying about money and trying so sort it out all the money so our bills are paid is so hard when his is the only wage comin in and he thinks he can spend money like hes single still

I dont know if this is completely right, but I think the nature of their jobs and lifestyles just makes them selfish sometimes? My OH told me he feels so guilty at the moment for being away that he just ignores it and goes out and gets rat arsed. hmmm sounds like a nice excuse to me!

I know though if I was stuck somewhere with all my friends I would at least go out and he does work really hard and deserves to let off some steam!

I am like his mum sometimes, Ive got control of his bank account and put money in so I know full well hes blown it all but hes to scared to ask me for more, Im waiting for it tonight ready for the weekend lol.

I think your right though RAFwife they dont realise until you point it out rather than doing it on purpose xx

well some of u might remember me posting about stupid modern housing and taking the wet about giving me a new oven.

well i got the oven but a cable os showing at the back so i cant use all the rings, the bloke said id need to get it covered right away! well i called them up and they were supposed to come and cover up the cable on tuesday.

well no one turned up so i called to complain and found out the job was canceled on the 10th but no one thought to tell me.

so i called up again today to see whats going on and a b*tch just called me askin me what this cable is.....sorry i didnt realise i had to be a electrician. so a man is comin tomo not to cover the cable but just to look at it!

well 5 mins after this call i got another call from a man at modern and this woman shudnt of called me as its not her case so no one even knows whats goin on!!!!!!!!!!

even tho the man who fitted the oven let a note on the job saying what needed to be done everyone is clueless yet again

rant over for now lol oh isnt home yet so no one else i could moan to haha

I know what you mean girls! My OH is in the RAF and he used to be the same, esp when he was on camp on shift, he would be out everynight blowing money, and when he came home to me, he would blow more money, so we were always skint then. It all stopped when I moved down here to live with him in quarters, he knows he can't go out and blow money any more as we have the little one, and with me dropping my wage its a struggle now. So he just can't do it anymore, so neither of us goes out anymore. Plus we don't have a babysitter even if we wanted to lol. So the only fun he seems to have is when hes in afghan! lol he brings back all these photos of all the fun hes had! Hes going on the 26th oh what fun!

How annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be on the phone speaking to the manager right now! They need to sort them selves out!

well ages ago a workman didnt turn up and the 29th sep i was sent £20 worth of vouchers to say sorry but then on the 9th oct i was sent the exact letter with another £20 voucher so i was thinkin of sending it back but now im keeping it haha

they are also sending me more vouchers for this mistake.

apparently the only phone call i was supposed to get was from a manager but obviously they cant run anything so doubt ile get a call.

all i want is a cable hiden so i can use the rings on my oven the tw*ts lol

Thanks ruth, hopefully it will be better when he has finished training and we are at a base together, you have given me some faith lol.

Moomin troll, tell them the vouchers are very nice, thanks, but unless your going to buy me takeaway everynight its not going to help me with my cooking!

i wont even start about just how many rubbish "jobs" modern have actualy done.

ive been given a doctors note about my sciatica so hope i get moved soon to a bottom floor flat or house :) if they are any better then this dump lol

Hi girls

Chatted on msn to mine last night....he drops out that him n 3 mates spent £300 the other night on supplies..sweets n food. Not even beer! Thats extra! I'm sat here trying to scrimp n go without and extras from Tescos, so i casn afford to decorate the house for when he comes home as a suprise. Who's the mug. My god, they're all the same x

Grrr, they are so annoying! Mine has finally admitted he has no money left and wants me to transfer. I am going to do it tomorrow so he cant spend it tonight on going out! lol. Hes already been out all weekend think that was enough!

blooody men , my oh is like this too, i have all the bills coming out of my wage cos i cant trust him not to blow it on going outm, hes been away on this course now 2 months and he seems to be going to the naafi most nights!!! while i'm out frm 9am til 9pm working!!

Hi,

I am a RAF wife, OH was Army for 7 yrs, then transferred to RAF where he has been for past 7 yrs (I think?). Have one son 21 mths old and due new bubba on 20 Feb.

Hey Caz, saw you in lovebugs as well! This seems to of turned into a good place to rant about our annoying men lol although really I wouldnt have mine any other way :winkwink:.

My OH has just admitted to me how much money he spent last weekend on his weekend blow out while I stayed at home and did boring things, grrr. Now I have to transfer him money so he can home for the weekend, I feel like I have to give him pocket money so he doesnt splash out! Although he is only home for a short while and I dont want to end up arguing all weekend so I know I'll just end up dropping it for the sake of not arguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->