Military WAGs

Hi pinkclair,

it seems nice to have this gp as many people just don't 'get' what its like being linked to the military, whether its partner / hubby / wife etc. They can all look at the news about the wars etc and go 'oh, how terrible, poor people', and then you get the ones who say to you 'well, he is in the military, thats his job' - as if you werent aware - yes, thanks for reminding me! but it hits us linked to it all so much harder and you can't explain it to people. I am lucky that my hubby came back from Afghan in Jul 06 and is hopefully not going back for a long time, but have good friends whos partners have been out there so many times since, and family who have been out, come back and gone again. My darling hubby just spent 7 out of the last 12 mths away, but that was due to a long course for his career and then because of his job. It meant he missed our sons first birthday so we celebrated early, our 2nd wedding anniversary, valentines day etc and is now going away next week and missing our 3rd wedding anniversary too!! He loves his job, but isnt keen on the time he spends away. We are hoping that the next 12mths are better lol!

yeah your spot on Caz, you cant talk to 'civvies' about it cos they dont understand at all, my friend came round the other night and said her boyfriend was away for a couple of days and she felt like me! I was like, uh you have no idea I dont mope because my OH is is away for 2 days!

Well if you ever wanna chat Caz send me a msg xxx

Glad you found the group caz without me pointing u towards it :rofl: the thought did cross my mind!
Caz lives over the road from me...for them who dont know hehe

Hi Caz! Wifey here... you nearly did your screen name like mine :p

Bloody f*ing military wankers! OH due home tomorrow..bloody nob sacks still in Morocco chuffing waiting for EASYJET to bring them home! I ask ya what hope is there for fighting wars when our Chinnys are down n we rely on Stelios to bring em back. Grr.

Grumble over, chill Al, chill.

Grrr rafmrs!! At least you get to see OH soon, think of the positives! Bloody easyjet indeed

ffs,,,,, how the hell am i meant to conceive if the army send david away every bloody month!!! and for ov time!!!

im due to ove 12-16th nov, and guess what, davids away 9th - 20th !!! i really cant bloody win.. i'm sorry for the rant but i relly hoped this month might actually be it!!!!

Has anyone heard / like the new Athlete single? Had me in tears yesterday while walking the dog..then today i watched the video..cue floodgates open.

Anyway, here it is, lovely song and meaning I think you'll all relate too xx

https://www.athlete.mu/video/

MissyMojo :hugs:

Its bloody hard isnt it! Fingers crossed he gets sent home for the weekend or something we can only hope! xxx

RafMrs, I will look when I am in a better emotional state, dont think its the best idea right now but thanks anyway! xx

hi! cant remember if i posted on this thread or not. think i did. but if not. . . my husbands military. he just left for a month long training :( we are trying to conceive and i just got my period three days before he left, but oh well. not looking forward to this next month without him though.

Hello ladies. My hubby is in the army (Signals), and we're based in York at the minute! He got back from Iraq last december and its looking like hes going to Afghan in August 2010

xxx

hi kerrie - i hope things calm down out there before hubby goes !!

we have found out that my hubby is gonna be away next christmas !

anywho we are still in limbo awaiting the posting altho honnington stilll in the running!! i am also having major issues with modern housing including them thinking the house is a viod therefor trying to enter house with out knocking - tell you what next time i am gonna call the firkkin police !!

Ahh thats rubbish hun, my hubby will most probably be away for our daughters first xmas if he goes afghan, where is he based xx

Hi i never knew this was here :) My OH is in RLC he just got back from afghan and will be going again in 18 months. Hes based over in NI and im in cheshire! Hope everyone is well xxx

Hi i never knew this was here :) My OH is in RLC he just got back from afghan and will be going again in 18 months. Hes based over in NI and im in cheshire! Hope everyone is well xxx

hiya glad you found us !!

we were in Ni for 18months - sorry dont know what RLC is ??? sorry

well lets hope thing settle down out there before he is back out there xxx

Hi, I have posted on here before but thought I would re introduce myself because its been while so Hiii Im Natalie my husband is in the Army and we are based in Catterick :) x

Hey - my hubby has just got back from afghan & now Esmé has been born I've moved over to NI from Cheshire. Thank god for the super short flights over to Manchester eh? x

Hi, I have posted on here before but thought I would re introduce myself because its been while so Hiii Im Natalie my husband is in the Army and we are based in Catterick :) x

:hi: im at Leeming. and missymojo is in catterick too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->