Military WAGs

Hi ladies, just found this forum and wondered if anyone lives down in Bristol area? We are to be posted there depending on MOD getting its a**e in gear. Currently in East Anglia. Hubby is RAF and we have a son aged 2, we currently live in our own home but have to find new place in Bristol or go into a quarter there but dont think htere are many...Can anyone give any advice?

I believe you'll get a proper house in Bristol. There are certainly no quarters at Abbey Wood. Bristol is lovely though :)

Wow, I never knew this existed!! Thanks RAFwife for posting it in a thread :hugs:

I'm an army wife ;) DH is a Driver/Tech/Storeman in the REME. currently enjoying DH being p3... due to be p7 for at least 18 months - woohooo no deployment!!! (Hopefully! You never know with the army lol!) Currently posted in Bulford, Wilts.

Going to read back on everyone's posts, but just wanted to say hi and make a quick introduction x x

REME eh? I'm a part time Sapper. I'm sure there is some banter in there somewhere :lol:

Oooh God, don't get technical on my ass now!! I've been an army wife for nearly a year and I still don't know half of what people talk about! I just stand there with a mad grin on my face :D Is a sapper just RAF?

Does anyone know anything about getting new quaters? We are in the WORST flats in Bulford/Tidworth area, seriously awful, was an old boiler works so there's damp everywhere, our lightbulbs are constantly going from the dodgy electrics (currently only have light in the kitchen!!) It's 3 bed and were paying all the lowest rates, says alot. Also double glazing is faulty, all this weather we've been having wind has been howling round the flat, there's huge gaps around our from door so we get a lovely breeze and it looks as if the door has been forced and then glued back together!!! Ideas?! Especially if we have a LO I do not want to bring it up in this flat, it's really not suitable x x

Sappers are the Royal Engineers (Army). The best Engineers, naturally ;) :rofl:

As for new quarters, they will have downgraded your quarter to the lowest price band due to the faults. You need to contact defence estates, and get someone to come out and see to all the problems. This is all free, and they can come out an make a note. If the quarter is really unsuitable, you can make a complaint and a request to move and use the evidence of people coming round to carry out repairs in your complaint.

However!

You accepted your quarter on marching in (when you moved in) this would have been the time to let them know of any faults. You also have a 'settling in period' which is about 21 days I think where you can reject your quarter. If this time has elapsed, and you haven't spoken up then they don't have to give you another quarter.

It also depends on how tight space is at your base. Up here there is a waiting list as long as your arm, but the last base we were on had 27 empty houses.

Quarters in general are very badly taken care of. Our last one only had one working toilet, damp, rot, black mold in every room and our bedroom roof leaked when it rained hard. :lol:

Quarters in general are very badly taken care of. Our last one only had one working toilet, damp, rot, black mold in every room and our bedroom roof leaked when it rained hard. :lol:

Definately some banter if your an engineer too :hugs: except Hubby can barely wire a plus, hence why he's a slacker in the stores lmao!!! He's 2 or 3 jumps away from getting his wings though *proud* he did in his knee before he had a chance to pass everything though. Small part of me is glad he didn't :haha: don't really like the thought of him throwing himself out a plane!! (Tho judging by my pms, if I am pg then it may not seem like an unattractive option to him...)

We never got our 21days, our March out/in days conflicted by 29 days(!!) so the welfare checked it over, marched in for us and said it was fine to move into, just some shabby decorating. It looks like a home, but we spend a fortune in heating bills, our boiler when left for an hour only does half a bath of hot water which is annoying :dohh: housing is really short around here too, truth be told I would be happy to stay thanks to my amazing neighbours lol if they just sorted out the drauftiness (sp!) and the boiler/electrics. They are all quite substantial though, so not sure how much success we will have or how soon!

Can't believe how bad your quater was!!! Jesus did they move you or what? That's horrendous!! Funny, if a prisoner had even one of those problems, WE would pay for all the repairs and probably a bloody holiday for said inmate while it was fixed, and they think it's acceptable for our forces to live in such unacceptable accomodation!! What did you do?!

Tho when we moved into our German flat, there was s**t up the walls!! We *hoped* it was only dog poo lol, and the welfare sorted that little one out sharpish!! lmao!!! x x

Oooh God, don't get technical on my ass now!! I've been an army wife for nearly a year and I still don't know half of what people talk about! I just stand there with a mad grin on my face :D Is a sapper just RAF?

Does anyone know anything about getting new quaters? We are in the WORST flats in Bulford/Tidworth area, seriously awful, was an old boiler works so there's damp everywhere, our lightbulbs are constantly going from the dodgy electrics (currently only have light in the kitchen!!) It's 3 bed and were paying all the lowest rates, says alot. Also double glazing is faulty, all this weather we've been having wind has been howling round the flat, there's huge gaps around our from door so we get a lovely breeze and it looks as if the door has been forced and then glued back together!!! Ideas?! Especially if we have a LO I do not want to bring it up in this flat, it's really not suitable x x

hahaha same as me i dont have a clue about things yet, my ohs in the reme and hes a vm thats all i no hahaha

hahaha same as me i dont have a clue about things yet, my ohs in the reme and hes a vm thats all i no hahaha

Don't even get me started! I don't understand a word my OH says half the time! He was in the army before, started getting used to that, now he's in RMs and it's a whole new language and I have to start again lol xx

Hope you get ur house sorted, we're moving into quarters next year I'm scared now lol. Oh and Bulford, that's just down the road from me, my OH was based in Warminster when in the army so while he's training for RMs we're still round that area xx

lol well its all greek to me i am raf child and wife - so anything army i sway over my head lol

hope every one is well

Arww hi pink Claire!! If you see someone stealing everyone's babies in the area, it'll probably be me!! :p

All goes over my head too lmao! Hows everyone doing? x

we are still awaiting our admin order ref move - so we are still stuck here till some one does some paper work !!

Arww hi pink Claire!! If you see someone stealing everyone's babies in the area, it'll probably be me!! :p

All goes over my head too lmao! Hows everyone doing? x

Mines not born yet so hopefully we're safe!

we are still awaiting our admin order ref move - so we are still stuck here till some one does some paper work !!

Can't you call and bug them? I'm a serial caller when I need something done :blush:

oh i am normally but be dont wanna piss off the drafter !!!!!!

an example of which is that i have £70 in vouchers on way from msh (make housing shite)

well the army seem to have it in for me n oh.

as ive said before my oh damaged his ankle and was up at the medics.

well they have made it worse so now somehow he had nerve damage and we r waiting till january where he will be told hes either perminatly down graded and kicked out of the army as "un needed" or get a operation.

the day he returned back to work was a monday from the medics he was then told that from thursday of that week he'd be going away on training for 9 days which will also hurt his ankle more

we r still stuck in the stupid flat where my hips are getting worse.

i feel like screaming

I don't understand why they are still sending him on exercise. Has he been declared medically unfit by the SMO? If not, he needs to make an appointment with the SMO and get signed off work properly, then give his Commanding Officer notice.

hes been down graded for months but they r still sending him on exercise i have no idea why and nothing is being done. they all keep saying we have to wait till jan before we no anything.

what can i say stafford is terrible for everything.

Has he been to see the SMO though? He needs to kick up a stink about it, and lay it on thick about how he cannot function normally with his ankle and it's causing him pain everyday. If he's going to see a medic and saying 'it'll be ok I think' then they won't do anything about it.

They may not know for sure until January what the damage is, but they won't let him go on exercise if he is complaining of pain everyday when trying to function normally. The MoD is very H&S conscious now due to several liability claims in court.

He needs to stick up for himself a bit and say he is not happy going, and is in too much pain.

Has he been to see the SMO though? He needs to kick up a stink about it, and lay it on thick about how he cannot function normally with his ankle and it's causing him pain everyday. If he's going to see a medic and saying 'it'll be ok I think' then they won't do anything about it.

They may not know for sure until January what the damage is, but they won't let him go on exercise if he is complaining of pain everyday when trying to function normally. The MoD is very H&S conscious now due to several liability claims in court.

He needs to stick up for himself a bit and say he is not happy going, and is in too much pain.

i would definatly agree - if you down graded you should n ot be on exercise - sounds fishy to me !! i would go and see the smo together and explain the stitaution also see if you can contact a tri- service social worker xx good luck

the medic at his work has said theres nothing short of a op they can do and even then it might not help his ankle, his boss knows hes in pain everyday with is ankle but because they havent perminatly downgraded him yet they r still sending him away. hes forever making a stink at work and complaining about his ankle n that the medics at the centre didnt help him.

other then getting his boss to reply to ur questions i cant really say much more then my ohs done everything he can n spoke to everyone he can and no one is helping.

the army in general may be alot better then this but everywhere of importance in stafford is sh*t. everyone based in stafford has hated it as the bosses cant even wipe their own bums.

hope none of u girls get based here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->