Military WAGs

hi im newbie in this thread my fiance's away till next year he's currently deployed in bahrain/kuwait just hope he won't be sent to afghan.im from philippines and we met through chat..(chuckles)..just excited about our baby and bout getting married next month when he comes back.(only for 2 weeks).cant wait to have the ultrasound done when he arrives.

sigh.. it's hard when you're both away with the time differences,when you're missing the person,pregnancy,whatnot but it's worth the wait..

hi im newbie in this thread my fiance's away till next year he's currently deployed in bahrain/kuwait just hope he won't be sent to afghan.im from philippines and we met through chat..(chuckles)..just excited about our baby and bout getting married next month when he comes back.(only for 2 weeks).cant wait to have the ultrasound done when he arrives.

sigh.. it's hard when you're both away with the time differences,when you're missing the person,pregnancy,whatnot but it's worth the wait..

congrats on wedding and baby !!! Hope his R n R goes well, we are all here if u ever need to chat we are here and understand xx

Hi there,

My husband is in the Canadian Forces and deploying to Afghanistan in May 2010. I met him in May '07 in Italy when he was on his leave from his last tour there! We had been hoping we'd be able to meet in Greece or something for his leave for this tour, but looks like he'll be coming home for the baby's birth instead! :)

Hi there,

My husband is in the Canadian Forces and deploying to Afghanistan in May 2010. I met him in May '07 in Italy when he was on his leave from his last tour there! We had been hoping we'd be able to meet in Greece or something for his leave for this tour, but looks like he'll be coming home for the baby's birth instead! :)
you have found us yay ---- so glad hubby will be home for the birth :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hi ya!

My Hubby to be is away as well, luckily he's training rather than on deployment so he is back for two weeks at xmas (and our wedding wahoo). He is based about 2 hours away so will be calling him when I am in labour and hoping he is back in time for the birth, although he will be relying on public transport as they are not allowed to take cars etc where he is training. probably take about 5 hours instead lol x

Hi ya!

My Hubby to be is away as well, luckily he's training rather than on deployment so he is back for two weeks at xmas (and our wedding wahoo). He is based about 2 hours away so will be calling him when I am in labour and hoping he is back in time for the birth, although he will be relying on public transport as they are not allowed to take cars etc where he is training. probably take about 5 hours instead lol x

not sure what branch of military your OH is in but in teh RAF you would have a good case for a Mt driver if your partner were in labour ?? just a thought ? i only say that as hubby is a drive ...

getting married at christmas wow how romantic

Hi ya!

not sure what branch of military your OH is in but in teh RAF you would have a good case for a Mt driver if your partner were in labour ?? just a thought ? i only say that as hubby is a drive ...

He's training for the RM's. I said the same thing but he is sure he isn't allowed. When it gets closer to the time I am going to call them myself and ask. If not I'm going to put some money aside so he can get a taxi if he has to, I reckon he'd quit if he missed the birth.

I've always wanted a Xmas wedding, didn't expect to be 35 weeks pregnant but will be easier than getting married with a small child to look after as well! X

I didn't know about this thread! It's awesome :D
Just posted in first tri, but will say again... DH is in the US Air force and were stationed in Suffolk Good to meet more military spouses :wave:

Hi ya!

He's training for the RM's. I said the same thing but he is sure he isn't allowed. When it gets closer to the time I am going to call them myself and ask. If not I'm going to put some money aside so he can get a taxi if he has to, I reckon he'd quit if he missed the birth.

I've always wanted a Xmas wedding, didn't expect to be 35 weeks pregnant but will be easier than getting married with a small child to look after as well! X

Hun i would call SSaffa here are their details Website they will be able to find some stuff for you or at least sign post you. hope that helps !!!

Thought i'd pop in and say hi!!! Hubbi is in British Army, currently deployed in Afghanistan...I am one one of the lucky ones tho, although i am doing the pregnancy bit on my own...hubbi should be home in time for the birth, with lots of post tour leave!!!!

Had my call from afghan a while ago but as usual have gone from buzzing to missing him like crazy....cant wait to have him home safe and sound xxxxx

I didn't know about this thread! It's awesome :D
Just posted in first tri, but will say again... DH is in the US Air force and were stationed in Suffolk Good to meet more military spouses :wave:

hiya hun - we are down in london atm but off to wittering soon !!!

i dont know too much about the US airforce as we are RAF but just wanted to say hi :thumbup::thumbup::flower:

https://www.ssafa.org.uk/ this is SSAFA they are ace for advice

https://www.bfbs-radio.com/ BFBS radio a great way to get messages out to OH's who are away and also i find it helps you to feel close to them.

Navy Families Federation

The Naval Families Federation (NFF) was established in 2003 to give Royal Naval and Royal Marines' families an independent voice. The impact of separation and mobility on naval Service families may present challenges that are not commonly experienced by a civilian population.

Website www.nff.org.uk

e-mail via the website

Call 023 9265 4374

RAF Association

The RAF Association (RAFA) is a membership organisation of serving and former members of the Royal Air Force, their families and dependants and all those supporting the aims of the Association. It is the largest single-service membership organisation in the United Kingdom and has roughly 74,000 members and 500 Branches in the UK, Europe and further afield. The Association provides help and advice, assistance, comradeship and, where required, welfare and care for the whole RAF family.

Website https://www.rafa.org.uk/

e-mail via the website

Call 0116 266 5224

The Army Families Federation is the independent voice of Army families and works hard to improve the quality of life for Army families worldwide on any aspect that is affected by the Army lifestyle.

https://www.aff.org.uk/

Tel: 01980 615525

[email protected]

Thought i'd pop in and say hi!!! Hubbi is in British Army, currently deployed in Afghanistan...I am one one of the lucky ones tho, although i am doing the pregnancy bit on my own...hubbi should be home in time for the birth, with lots of post tour leave!!!!

Had my call from afghan a while ago but as usual have gone from buzzing to missing him like crazy....cant wait to have him home safe and sound xxxxx

Hi Martz! You're the same as me - I did the pregnancy by myself whilst he was in Afghan & hubby's POTL started the day before Esmé's due date. Hope everything is going well for you :flower:

On another note - does anyone know anything about Harrogate? I've never been but believe it's lovely. Hubby is due to start his next job there - some time in the next month but with no definite start date. I wonder how much of a nightmare it'll be trying to get housing and move done - esp with Esmé and moving back to the mainland from NI!

Hi Martz! You're the same as me - I did the pregnancy by myself whilst he was in Afghan & hubby's POTL started the day before Esmé's due date. Hope everything is going well for you :flower:

On another note - does anyone know anything about Harrogate? I've never been but believe it's lovely. Hubby is due to start his next job there - some time in the next month but with no definite start date. I wonder how much of a nightmare it'll be trying to get housing and move done - esp with Esmé and moving back to the mainland from NI!

My DH passed out from Harrogate, he loved it :hugs: don't know too much about it and he's on excercise atm but he always speaks fondly of it! x x

Harrogate is gorgeous, I am very jealous that you're getting posted there!

*sigh* haven't talked or heard from him for 4 days since he went for schooling in kuwait..i already sent a dozen of emails...don't they get it that we worry a lot about them???

Heya Martz hunni :)

louisandcoco, im not too far fromharrogate im at catterick :)

*sigh* haven't talked or heard from him for 4 days since he went for schooling in kuwait..i already sent a dozen of emails...don't they get it that we worry a lot about them???

Oh god, how frustrating hun :hugs:

I know when I'm away for a weekend exercise I get so knackered that phoning home is at the back of my mind. I always do ring though to get on my LO but I do just collapse in bed!

Hope he gets in touch soon!

Thanks ladies. Must say I'm really looking forward to being based back in the mainland & hubby not going away for more than a week! And I've been noseying on the Harrogate tourism website too! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->