Military WAGs

Hi everyone :wave:

Christmas was great. Seemed even better having a little one around, even though she didn't have a clue what was going on. It was lovely to have a white Christmas too. Hope everyone had a lovely time.

rafwife - I love Niamh's hat in your signature!

hi everyone!

christmas was great, it was lovely to have 2 full weeks together and he really bonded with Ben which was fantastic!!

The screensaver on my phone is a picture of darren and ben and ben knows this so keeps asking for me to show him and then laughs and says dada which is so cute.

we are both ill now that daddy has gone back to work! luckily im at my mums so she has been caring for Ben on the most part although tonight he was really upset at bedtime because he wanted mummy cuddles, poor little man.

anyways hope your all well and happy new year to you all :)

hi everyone!

christmas was great, it was lovely to have 2 full weeks together and he really bonded with Ben which was fantastic!!

The screensaver on my phone is a picture of darren and ben and ben knows this so keeps asking for me to show him and then laughs and says dada which is so cute.

we are both ill now that daddy has gone back to work! luckily im at my mums so she has been caring for Ben on the most part although tonight he was really upset at bedtime because he wanted mummy cuddles, poor little man.

anyways hope your all well and happy new year to you all :)

Hi everyone! Finally heard from my hubby this morning, he sent me an email. Apparently their internet connection in Balad isn't so great, especially in their rooms, so he's mailing back the laptop he took with him and will just use the work computers to email me.

He's doing training right now but I might get a phone call later this evening :)

Hi everyone! Finally heard from my hubby this morning, he sent me an email. Apparently their internet connection in Balad isn't so great, especially in their rooms, so he's mailing back the laptop he took with him and will just use the work computers to email me.

He's doing training right now but I might get a phone call later this evening :)

Aw, hope you do manage to get a phone call from him! X

:happydance: So I finally got my phone call today along with some awesome news! When I go into labor, instead of getting to come home for 10 days, they will be sending him home for good instead of him coming back in July/August.

Apparently he got quite the telling off for coming in the first place by the guy in charge over in Iraq (they never told him he could turn it down though while he was still here) as I'm high risk. :dohh:

And I got to chat with him on Facebook for a little bit this morning :D I am a happy woman today :cloud9:

:happydance: So I finally got my phone call today along with some awesome news! When I go into labor, instead of getting to come home for 10 days, they will be sending him home for good instead of him coming back in July/August.

Apparently he got quite the telling off for coming in the first place by the guy in charge over in Iraq (they never told him he could turn it down though while he was still here) as I'm high risk. :dohh:

And I got to chat with him on Facebook for a little bit this morning :D I am a happy woman today :cloud9:

thats great news for you x

Thats great news hun, glad he'll be around to give support and bond with baby. :hugs: xx

We've all been a bit quiet lately, how is everybody???

i know i dont know any of you well but i am gutted and need to rant!

Darren is on his course and had his draft order for March. Being on that Sub would mean him being home every night for at least 2 years and only going to sea if another sub was short of crew which wouldnt be likely.

Today we got told the draft has been cancelled as they are decrewing the boat because its no where near ready to leave. This means we now have no idea where we will be put in March.

He will most likely be shoved on a bomber and go to sea straight away.

I know that i married into the Navy so it should be expected blah blah blah, but i just wish they would make a plan and stick to it, im just so sick of them messing us around. i havent lived with Darren since we got married due to a miscommunication on their part! i cried for about 3 days when they said i could have lived with him all along! (mainly because of all the crap we went through that could have been avoided!)

ARGHHH!!!!

ALSO baby number 2 will now be put on hold :(

Oh god wispa, I'm so sorry :( :hugs: That is awful.

We all know what we married into, but it doesn't mean we can't be upset when we're treated like crap. I don't think anyone understands other than fellow military wives!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that he'll get to live with you finally, and not get shipped off on a bomber. Is there anyway he could do a desk job for a tour? Even something like working in a careers office?

We've all been a bit quiet lately, how is everybody???

Has been quiet!

OH is training up to go abroad in February until April. He's away about 6-8 months this year, so hopefully next year will be quieter.

its so frustrating when u dont no whats going on and get treated like u dont matter.

both me n oh are having so many problems with the army and housing, i cant leave the flat without oh being here now as i cant get down the stairs with zane (stuck us in a flat the gits) last yr we were told we were gettin moved next to the camp he works on, now they have no idea.

seeing things from being a military wife id of thought twice about marrying into it

Wispa- good grief what a pain! Hopefully they don't send him off again. It's true though, you can't imagine what it's like before you marry into it. I always thought "it won't be that bad!" pfft.

Esmé & I are going to Harrogate this evening to stay with hubby for 5 days albeit in his room in the mess. He's only seen her for 3 days since NY day and I'm sick of it. How's he supposed to bond with his daughter when he's never here? He was on a 3 week course in Nov & Dec last year, then the HIC allocated us a house with no carpets and no bathroom so we can't move in until 5th Feb! (they expected myself & Esmé to live in NI for 6 weeks whilst hubby was in Harrogate.) so we've been living in one room at my parents since just before Christmas. Not ideal but what can you do?

Sorry for the rant ladies. X

its so frustrating when u dont no whats going on and get treated like u dont matter.

both me n oh are having so many problems with the army and housing, i cant leave the flat without oh being here now as i cant get down the stairs with zane (stuck us in a flat the gits) last yr we were told we were gettin moved next to the camp he works on, now they have no idea.

seeing things from being a military wife id of thought twice about marrying into it

That's awful. I can't believe they haven't rehoused you seeing as you cannot leave your house! Surely their own common sense would tell them you need to move?!

What has your welfare officer said? Although if he's anything like ours, a chocolate teapot would be more use.

ive had to live in my mums spare room with zane its awful i feel ur pain on that on.

thats awful that ur house doesnt even have a bathroom or carpets! u would of thought that housing would run a tighter ship then they do, i called housing the other day to ask for a moving date and the manager was off sick with a cold!

i was like a bloody cold!

That's awful. I can't believe they haven't rehoused you seeing as you cannot leave your house! Surely their own common sense would tell them you need to move?!

What has your welfare officer said? Although if he's anything like ours, a chocolate teapot would be more use.

my oh goes to the office everyday and ive called and all they say is we dont no!

stupid gits for even moving a family into a top flat in the first place.

im lucky cuz i do get my oh home at night but we live miles away from the camp hes based at and i had to quit my job cuz they moved us so far out and i dont drive.

welfare is sh*t

It's soooo frustrating! The reason hubby asked for Harrogate for his posting was so we could all be together as we've spent so much time apart. Humph!

I'm on a complete Army downer ATM!

Off work with a cold?! If I'd have rung in to say I had a cold my manager would laugh at me and tell me to get my backside into work.

It's soooo frustrating! The reason hubby asked for Harrogate for his posting was so we could all be together as we've spent so much time apart. Humph!

I'm on a complete Army downer ATM!

Off work with a cold?! If I'd have rung in to say I had a cold my manager would laugh at me and tell me to get my backside into work.

yeah in my old job my boss would of thought i was joking!

ive been on a army downer for almost a yr now, thats how long ive been waiting to be moved and now i cant start physio until i get a move date because my doctor wont put me forward until he knows where im going to be living. im tempted to just private rent after the rubbish ive had living in army accomadation

Waiting a year?! That really is terrible. And housing a family in a top floor flat has no reasoning at all.

I really hope they get something sorted out for you. Especially as you need to know for physio!! Grr. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->